- 25 Romantic Little Foods to Bring on a Picnic Date
- Check out more perfect picnic ideas…
- Tips for planning a romantic picnic:
- Simple Recipe Swaps to Create a Romantic Picnic
- Romantic Picnic Ideas: Places
- What to bring on a picnic date:
- Picnic Ideas for Couples
- 5 At-Home Picnic Ideas
- 27 Outdoor Picnic Ideas
- 20 Seasonal Picnic Ideas
- 14 Romantic Picnic Ideas
- 14 Picnic Lunch Ideas & Menus
- 9 Picnicware Ideas
- 11 Picnic Outfit Ideas
- 7 Winning Recipes for a Romantic Picnic
- Romantic picnic locations
- Romantic picnic decor
- Romantic picnic food
- Romantic picnic drinks
- Romantic picnic activities / games
- Planning A Romantic Picnic: A Quick Guide
- Going on a date, especially a first date can be nerve-wracking. You may feel the need to impress your date and preparing for it can be quite hard. If you have decided on having a picnic, we’ve compiled a list of adorable ideas for you to have the most fun, unforgettable, romantic picnics with the apple of your eye. From amazing picnic locations to picnic food, we got you covered!
- Romantic, Cute Picnic Date Ideas Perfect for Adult and Teen Couples
- Tips on Finding the Perfect Picnic Locations
- Cute Picnic Date Outfits
- Good and Easy Picnic Date Food Ideas
- 30 Things To Bring to a Successful Picnic – The Picnic Date Packing List
- Setting the Right Expectation
- How to Take Photos on A Picnic Date
25 Romantic Little Foods to Bring on a Picnic Date
With spring in full bloom and summer on the horizon, picnics are popping up all over the place. Get in on the fun — grab a date or a few friends and make an afternoon of fine food and good times. When filling up the picnic basket, throw away the usual go-to sandwich idea and create a menu full of seasonal, fresh ingredients. Also, don’t forget dessert — and Nutella is a must!
1. Little things on skewers! — Melon, ham, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, artichokes
3. Sangria: Make your own and transport in jars.
4. Muffaletta: The New Orleans sandwich is the perfect picnic food. Cut into slices before you leave and you have yourself handheld scrumdiddlyumptious-ness.
5. Tiny sandwiches: Try tiny sandwiches — think tea time. If you want to go all nuts, cut the sandwiches into shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Bite-sized fruit like strawberries, cherries, pineapple, and grapes.
7. Sushi: I don’t usually think sushi is a great date food, but if you’re on a picnic date, it’s another story. It’s perfectly portable and easy to eat.
8. Risotto balls: There’s something sexy about risotto, isn’t there? Since that’s too tough to bring on a picnic, shape it into balls.
9. Stuffed dates: I like to stuff them with almonds, and then roll them in powdered sugar.
10. Silly candy: Like Sweet Tarts or Pop Rocks. This is so you don’t take your picnic too seriously.
11. Soft cheese and crackers: Brie and crackers or bread sticks are classic for a reason — they’re delicious.
Venturing into the great outdoors with a heaving picnic hamper is one of the great joys of summer. But before you settle into a shady spot to snaffle your sandwiches and Scotch eggs, there’s plenty of prep to be done…
Packing your hamper
Read our pick of the best picnic kit and stow away your spread in style. Choose your equipment carefully – nothing dampens spirits more than a leaky cool box. Before you set off, check your Tupperware is shut tight, and wrap any particularly pungent items in a plastic bag. If it’s a scorching summer’s day, then a cool box will come in super handy for keeping your picnic goods chilled.
Plastic cups or bottles are best for little ones to avoid breakages. If you’re bringing wine glasses for the grown-ups, consider packing a lightweight tray to perch them on during pouring and between sips, and if you’re sampling cork-sealed wine, don’t forget the bottle opener!
There’s no need to risk a funny tummy if you plan and pack carefully. Cold boxes and ice packs are essential to make sure that items normally stored in the fridge stay as cool as possible, so keep things like meat pies, fish or dairy dishes stowed away, and don’t delay tucking in once you’ve reached your destination.
While it may look appealing to lay out your fare for all to see, keeping your food on ice for as long as possible will reduce the risk of having to throw out anything that’s sat in the baking sun all day. Assistant food editor Miriam suggests cutting dishes such as quiche into wedges, and serving them up directly from the cool box. Finally, carry some hand wipes or anti-bacterial gel, and make sure that everyone’s hands are clean before they chow down.
Find out more about how to transport food safely.
Miriam’s top tip to avoid soggy salads and sandwiches is to keep components such as dressings, fillings and optional extras stored away in separate containers (chilled if necessary) until they’re needed. Add ingredients like goat’s cheese or pre-chopped fruit to your dessert at the last minute, and serve up with confidence.
Discover more handy picnic tips and tricks.
Make picnic prep more simple by preparing a main dish ahead which can be easily divided. This showstopping chicken, ham and asparagus picnic pie is well worth the effort and will have everyone requesting second slices. For a veggie option, this vibrant, multi-layered rainbow picnic pie is bursting with colourful veg combined with eggs and feta.
More picnic mains…
Caramelised onion tart
Chicken, sausage & prune pie
Pork and rabbit pie
Fig and serrano picnic bread
Once you’ve assembled your apparatus, it’s time to plan your picnic provisions. Sandwiches, pies, Scotch eggs, sausage rolls and chicken drumsticks are considered classic picnic treats for a reason – they’re all finger foods that travel well. Layer up a picnic baguette with salami, spinach, basil, pesto and mozzarella for a mouthwatering bite with or create a colourful veggie rainbow sandwich. Make a batch of perfectly portioned mini pork pies with piccalilli, or take inspiration from South America, with these delicious fried beef & chorizo empanadas. Bacon-wrapped or spicy Coronation drumsticks are also guaranteed to please a crowd.
Go gourmet with chorizo Scotch quail’s eggs and smoked salmon Scotch eggs or whip up a lighter batch of vegetarian falafel Scotch eggs. We suggest taking your chilled dishes out of the fridge and wrapping in foil, then in bubble wrap before putting into your cool box, to keep them at a safe temperature for as long as possible.
More portable classics…
Ham, pea & mint pasties
Egg & cress club sandwich
Cauliflower cheese rolls
Pressed picnic sandwich
Super salad wraps
Salads and sides
Pasta and potato salads are perfect for picnics, as the hearty ingredients hold up well, even if they suffer a bit of battering in transit. This super summer allotment salad with English mustard dressing makes the most of any seasonal veg you can find. Crunchy cucumbers, radishes and red onions are featured but why not also throw in some fennel, celery and spring onions. Another picnic staple comes in the form of boiled eggs, which are the centerpiece of this herby parsley and watercress salad.
Dressed, leafy salads can be become lackluster if left too long, so add the final touches just before serving to avoid the dreaded wilt. Get clever by layering heavy ingredients and sauces on the bottom of your container – try our rainbow salad pots, griddled salad jar or houmous, tabbouleh & feta picnic bowl. To mix it up, switch chunky pasta shapes for an orzo and mozzarella salad or swap plain potatoes for their more colourful cousin in this sweet potato salad.
More salads and sides…
Fennel, pomegranate & broad bean salad
Seven ways to perfect potato salad
Egg ‘n’ bacon dippers
Courgette, dill & feta breads
Summer salad recipes
We’ve also got plenty more vegetarian and vegan picnic recipes.
Picnic puddings can be tricky as most desserts either melt or need careful handling, but there are still loads of picnic-friendly puddings to choose from. Traybakes and loaf cakes are ideal – slice before packing if you’re not taking a sharp knife. These seasonal blackberry Bakewell squares can be transported in the tin and will hold up against the heat of a hot, sunny day. Brownies, shortbread and cookies are easy to wrap up and share out. If you’re after something more sophisticated, jars make perfectly portioned vessels to transport softer sweets such as these strawberry & cream cheesecakes, Pimm’s jelly jars or apricot & creme fraiche Eton mess.
More sweet treats…
Picnic trail mix
Easy vanilla cupcakes
Raspberry coconut scones
Rainbow fruit skewers
Red berry & granola yoghurt pots
Orange & apricot loaf cake
Whether you go for refreshingly fruity or bold and boozy, pack something to sip on when you’re sprawling in the sunshine. Family-friendly options such as our pre-chilled coconut & pineapple cooler, blueberry & mint iced tea and zingy blackberry lemonade are sure to please a crowd. Slightly more sophisticated palates will savour elderflower & cucumber G&Ts, a classic Pimm’s or wine based rosy spritzers. On a cooler day, a flask of coffee, tea or hot chocolate is sure to counter chilly fingers.
More delicious drinks…
Gooseberry & mint lemonade
Refreshing red wine cooler
Citrus iced tea
See our summer drinks collection
Check out more perfect picnic ideas…
Next level picnic recipes
Best family picnic recipes
Top 10 healthy picnic recipes
Best picnic gadgets
Our best picnic tips and tricks
Picnic recipes you can make in minutes
Picnic recipe collection
Kids picnic recipes
Get more inspiration on our picnic hub page.
What are your top picnic tips? Leave a comment below…
Have you ever wondered what food qualifies as “picnic date food”? It can be tough to come up with a menu for a romantic picnic! These picnic ideas for couples with inspire you to pack up and enjoy a romantic picnic for two!
Tips for planning a romantic picnic:
I like to think of planning a picnic for two just like I would any meal, minus the main dish. From there I modify the appetizer, side dishes and desserts to be simplified and more snack-like.
Even though this is a meal, treat it more like you would a cocktail hour or holiday party, create a menu that is meant for snacking.
It’s also important to avoid the sack-lunch mentality and instead choose dishes that are more hands-on and collaborative.
For the most romantic picnic, choose recipes that you don’t make very often or feature higher-end ingredients. This can be hard to imagine, so here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling.
Simple Recipe Swaps to Create a Romantic Picnic
- Swap ham sandwiches for build-your-own crostini featuring prosciutto, extra sharp white cheddar, honey and orange zest.
- Swap apples for fresh cherries, figs or grapes.
- Swap chips for a bowl of popcorn or a baguette.
- Swap water and soda for wine or sparkling wine.
- Swap cookies for a fancy bar of dark chocolate.
- Swap veggies and dip for a fresh herby salad.
- Swap sandwiches for a charcuterie board featuring cured meats, a variety of cheese, olives and honey. (Check out my guide for creating the perfect cheese board!)
Romantic Picnic Ideas: Places
- Local park ()
- Local lake/beach
- Living room
- Drive-in theater
- Star Gazing
- Kayaking or canoeing
- Frisbee golf
What to bring on a picnic date:
- Find a fun, old-school picnic basket
- Use an insulated cooler for things that need to stay cold (use frozen water bottles—they acts as freezer packs and you get water out of the deal).
- Bring any flatware you need, try to avoid plastic (cheese knife, serving spoons, etc)
- Pack cloth napkins
- Bring stemless wine glasses or champagne flutes
- Pack a large blanket
- Bug spray and sun screen!
- Wet wipes and/or hand sanitizer
- Flowers (very optional but very romantic!)
Super fresh and flavorful, this gorgeous salad is simple to throw together while also being incredibly elegant. This salad is a must-try!
Cheesy, savory and slightly sweet, these toasts have got it going on! Grilled cheese just got more delicious and elegant.
Serve this delicious whipped ricotta with cranberry curd, or opt for something a little easier like honey or jam. Perfect with crostini or crackers.
Salad just got more interesting. This fennel salad is fresh and crunchy, can be prepped ahead, and travels well! Picnic ready I’d say!
The one sandwich that is unique enough for a romantic picnic. Fresh basil and juicy peaches make this sandwich unlike any turkey sandwich you’ve had before.
Simple yet spectacular. This green salad might be simple, but it’s packed with fresh flavors and textures that make any green salad look boring in comparison.
Opting for a cheese-board picnic? I’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide for creating the perfect cheese board, no matter the occasion.
This panini is heaven! Cheesy, jammy and crunchy, these are make-ahead friendly and travel well. Make them right before heading out for your picnic.
Fruit salad gets a major upgrade with this recipe! Fresh strawberries pair perfectly with a crunchy, nutty pine nut brittle (you may find yourself making the brittle just for snacking)!
Three main ingredients make up this cocktail. It comes together in just a couple of minutes and no prep is needed!
The perfect summer drink! Mix this up and get it chilling before heading out for your picnic. It’s sweet, slightly tart and very refreshing!
These elegant mini cakes are perfect for a romantic picnic. Featuring bitter Campari and grapefruit, they’re uniquely flavored and perfectly sweet.
Does it get any more romantic that red wine and dark chocolate?! I don’t think so! Combine the two in this decadent treat.
Salted caramels are always a delicious treat. But add some fresh rosemary and you really up the ante!
Get Recipe Make sure to tag me @ZESTFULKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM or comment below if you plan a romantic picnic!
To pin this guide and save it for later, you can click the button on any of the photos, or the red button on the side bar. Happy picnicing!
Picnic Ideas for Couples
IT’S ALWAYS THE PERFECT TIME FOR A PICNIC DATE!
I don’t know about you, but it’s always the perfect time for a picnic date!!! It could be cold, midnight, or raining and it would still be the perfect picnic setting! For those of you who don’t believe me, stick around and I’ll prove to you that a picnic date is perfect anytime of the year! Here at The Dating Divas, we’ve collected EVERYTHING you could possibly think of to create 100 of the best picnic date ideas from picnicware to outfits to the perfect romantic picnic ideas and picnic spots! Seriously, these picnic ideas are the best of the best. Let’s take a look!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, .
In this round-up we’ve collected the TOP 7 categories of picnic ideas:
- 5 Picnic Date Ideas Brought Indoors
- 25 Picnics Date Ideas in the Great Outdoors
- 19 Picnic Date Ideas For Every Season
- 14 Romantic Picnic Ideas
- 14 Picnic Perfect Menu Ideas
- 9 Picnicware Date Items Ideas
- 11 Picnic Date Outfit Ideas
We seriously thought of everything needed for all of your future picnic ideas!
5 At-Home Picnic Ideas
Don’t want to leave the couch, no problem, we’ve still got plenty of indoor picnic ideas for you!!!
- Staycation Picnic– Vacation at home and make meals fun by adding in a picnic or two.
- The Birthday Suitcase – Turn a suitcase into the perfect picnic surprise. Great for any special occasion and pack it full of picnic lunch ideas!
- Picnic Style Birthday Party – Have a one of a kind birthday with a picnic party!
- The Picnic Date – Be a kid again and enjoy a few picnic date ideas that would appeal to both of you!
- Couch Picnic – So you don’t want to leave the couch, you don’t want to put in too much work, and you’re not sure if you can pull off a picnic! This lovely picnic idea is for you! You don’t even have to leave the couch to pull it off!
27 Outdoor Picnic Ideas
Staying inside can be a little stuffy, so let’s take your picnic date ideas outside for the perfect picnic for two!
- Hijack and Kidnap Him – Hijack and kidnap your spouse on a surprise date that will have the two of you tied up together while you enjoy your take out picnic.
- Bike Rides – Bike rides are the perfect accompaniment to any picnic date! Seriously, these picnic ideas for couples are just perfect!
- Balloon Themed Picnic – Can’t afford a hot air ballon ride? No biggie, have a balloon themed picnic, watch the movie up, and enjoy the best part of the night- each other!
- Old-School Picnic – A date packed with old-school picnic ideas is the perfect idea for a lazy afternoon.
- Rainy Day Picnic – Rain, rain go away…This picnic is full of umbrellas, invites the rain to stay, and is crammed with romantic picnic ideas!
- Rustic Picnic – Rustic flare with money to spare! We dare you to find picnic ideas more charming than this.
- Family Picnic – Colorful balloons, several blankets, and a dress-up theme make for a lovely afternoon picnic.
- Tree House Picnic Party – Build a tree house and celebrate your accomplishments with a picnic party!
- Picnic Pit Stop – Make a road trip with your sweetie a little more enjoyable with a picnic pit stop during your travels. Take a peek at these great on-the-road picnic ideas that would be great for couples!
- Pick-Up Date – Dining in the back of the pick-up or car with a comfortable setting is the perfect ingredient for date night! We love the romantic picnic ideas in this one!
- Date Night At The Drive-In – Add a little picnic flare to your next drive-in date! With a few little touches, your drive-in date becomes a little extra special!
- Spring Picnic – Go on a hike in the woods and take along a rustic picnic for two! Nature + picnic ideas for couples = a total win.
- Not Just For ‘Da Garden – Add a touch of roses to your picnic. Leave a trail of roses around the house for your spouse to discover. The first trail leads to a host of romantic picnic ideas. the second trail leads to a bubble bath for two.
- A Pretty Picnic – Stuck at home, no problem! Get in your backyard and create a bbq picnic for the two of you. Once date night is over, you’re allowed back inside, wink!
- Scavenger Hunt For You! – A creative scavenger hunt leading to a picnic in the backyard.
- Eco-Friendly Picnic – Save the trees and get a little green with this picnic. Start with an eco-friendly activity along with this eco-friendly picnic and you’ve got a date! You’ll love the recipes and the picnic lunch ideas found here too!
- Sunrise Picnic – Wake up before sunrise and enjoy an early morning breakfast picnic.
- Pink Picnic In the Park – Who says picnics need to include a full meal? Check out this lovely idea for a sweet dessert only picnic that takes the concept of cute picnic ideas to a whole new level.
- Picnic On The Top Of The World – Go on a full day hike up the mountain. Once you reach the top have a picnic overlooking the world!
- Mason Jar Picnic – Do you have mason jar fever? If so, you are going to love this mason jar picnic! Pack them with your favorite picnic lunch ideas and you’re ready to rock.
- Group Picnic – Grab your friends (and these printables) for a group-friendly picnic that’s out of this world!
- The Fishing Date – Enjoy a picnic that is all about quality time and a man loving theme!
- Picnic Party – This is the perfect picnic party idea ever!!! Steal a few of these picnic ideas, invite your friends, and it’s time to party!
- Afternoon Delight – Ditch work and prepare a surprise afternoon picnic for your sweetie! Enjoy a relaxing and romantic day off!
- Picnic Buffet – Picnics aren’t just fun for two, so host a picnic party! The picnic lunch ideas are TO DIE FOR.
- Impromptu Picnic – You want to have a picnic but don’t have time to spare, no biggie! Find a few quick recipes and picnic lunch ideas in this post, or head over to your nearest deli for an impromptu picnic.
- Backyard Picnic – No list of outdoor picnic ideas would be complete without a little backyard fun!
20 Seasonal Picnic Ideas
Picnics are perfect during the spring, summer, fall, or winter. The beauty of the seasons is that they are the best backdrop for your picnic date!
- Cloud Nine Picnic – This plane crazy for you date night will have you two flying planes, enjoying a picnic, joining the mile high club, and grabbing baggage claim. *Free printables*
- Vintage Easter Family Picnic – Hold an Easter picnic that the whole family will love. Seriously, we’re OBSESSED with these darling picnic ideas and you will be too!
- Urban Rooftop Picnic – Spring is the perfect time for a rooftop picnic with tons of flowers and a light meal.
- Summer Picnic and Party Games – Celebrate summer with an easy potluck picnic and fun party games that EVERYONE will enjoy!
- Cheapest Date Challenge – Having friends help lay out a picnic at the top of a mountain, allowing you to surprise your hubby after a hike with lunch while overlooking the city or valley is priceless
- Tailgating Picnic – This would be the best fourth of July idea ever! Let the tailgate down, put out the blankets, set out the food, and enjoy making and watching fireworks!
- Picnic in the Summer – Warm weather is coming and these summer-friendly picnic ideas will help you make the most of the season.
- 4th of July – Get into the fourth of July spirit, invite your best friends over, and enjoy a patriotic picnic.
- Bastille Day Picnic – Celebrate a holiday, any holiday, in picnic style. Head on over to this site to check out all of these darling ideas to help you celebrate Bastille day that will make you think you’re celebrating in France!
Fall & Winter
- Oktoberfest Theme Picnic – A fabulous Oktoberfest picnic awaits! Spice up a normal picnic with these creative picnic ideas!
- Autumn Picnic – Have a cheese tasting picnic amid the fall leaves!
- Pretty Fall Picnic – Create the best fall picnic with your favorite fall foods. Have a little fun eating and playing in the fall leaves!
- The Perfect Fall Picnic – Pack the perfect fall picnic with these fabulous ideas. My favorite is the candy apple dessert bar!
- Throw An Indoor Picnic – Baby, it’s cold outside! Stay cozy indoors and enjoy a lovely fall picnic party!
- Fall Picnic and Waterfall Tour – Nothing is as beautiful as hiking on a crisp fall day, especially when it ends in a waterfall!
- Winter Car Picnic – Want to ramp up the romance in your relationship? Try this quick and easy Winter Car Picnic packed with picnic ideas for couples! You don’t even have to leave your garage!
- A Winter Picnic – Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean the picnics are over! Grab your thickest blankets, hot cocoa, and a sled to make your picnic in the cold a good time!
- Polar Picnic – Don’t be afraid of the snow! Heat up with a little snowshoeing and a picnic in the mountains.
- Winter White Picnic – No need to stray too far from home to enjoy this cozy picnic. Set up a picnic on the back porch, grab the blankets, and hurry on in once you’re too cold!
- Ski Trip Picnic – Have a picnic in the snow. Go sledding, ice skating skiing, snowshoeing, or just play in the snow then cozy up to a fire to enjoy your picnic.
14 Romantic Picnic Ideas
Romance is in the air, so spice it up any picnic with a romantic spin! These romantic picnic date ideas are sure to bring a little sizzle to your romantic picnic date!
- Vintage Love Story Picnic – Have your very own vintage love story picnic? Make this extra romantic by bringing along a handwritten love letter for your date.
- Sweet Vintage Picnic – We’re in love with the romantic picnic ideas in this one! Make time for snuggling, cloud watching, and listening to your favorite tunes.
- Hot Air Balloon Picnic – Nothing is quite as romantic as a hot air balloon ride. Kick it up a notch with a picnic while overlooking the city below.
- Special Event Picnic – Enjoy a horse ride on the beach before picking your perfect picnic spot.
- Romantic Carriage Ride Picnic – Romance awaits during a picnic on a carriage ride for two!
- Provencal Picnic – Take a trip to France by recreating this lovely picnic inspired by the countrysides of Provence.
- Picnic On A Canoe – Row your boat, or make him row it! Have your picnic in a canoe or a kayak while lazily floating in the lake. Are those some romanic picnic ideas worth doing or what?!
- Sunset Bonfire Picnic – Become beach bums! Spend the day playing in the water and end the night with a picnic near a roaring bonfire. Don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Romantic Rooftop Date – An unforgettable night, under the stars, and a little picnic meal is what you’ll find in this romantic rooftop date idea.
- A Picnic Proposal – Pop the question, any special question, with these romantic picnic ideas and a picnic proposal!
- Picnic At The Falls – Take your partner’s breath away by preparing a simple, elegant, and yummy picnic to enjoy near a waterfall!
- Midnight Picnic – Sit back and relax with a little bit of romance under the stars. Don’t forget a few candles and a little bottle of bubbly to add to the atmosphere.
- Italian Picnic – Turn up the romance with this Italian themed picnic. Play Italian music, sit under a big tree, and enjoy your favorite bubbly. be prepared to sweep your date off their feet!
- Picnic Photo Session – Turn your next anniversary, baby announcement, birthday, or another special occasion into a picnic photo session. Your picnic celebration will capture memories that will last forever!
14 Picnic Lunch Ideas & Menus
One important picnic menu criteria is that it is travel-friendly. These picnic menus and picnic lunch ideas are perfect for on the go, easy as pie to put together, and sure to impress your picnic date!
- Seductive Picnic Eats For Two – 16 menu themes and picnic lunch ideas that spell romance one bite at a time!
- Romantic Picnic Ideas – Easy food ideas that will make packing your picnic a cinch!
- Spring Pasta – Packing a basket doesn’t get any easier with meals in a jar!
- Kate Spade Inspired Picnic Ideas – Pretty colors, a delicious menu, some fabulous picnic lunch ideas, and a few tips are all you need to pull off a stylish picnic!
- The Perfect Picnic – A menu for two that is perfect for a picnic. These dishes can be made-ahead, require minimal utensils, and are great for on the go.
- 13 Spring Picnic Ideas – Enjoy a romantic meal for two with recipes that are light and perfect while on the move.
- Planning the Perfect Romantic Picnic (Affordably!) – A set of picnic lunch ideas and gorgeous food list, perfect for those on a major budget!
- 50+ Fun Kids Picnic Ideas – Kids love picnics just as much as the adults. Check out this fabulous round-up for some amazing food and picnic lunch ideas, tips, and tricks for picnics kids are sure to love!
- Picnic Recipe Book – This fabulous book has 28 date ideas and 125 picnic recipes that will make any picnic a special occasion!
- Free-Wheeling Picnic Menu – If you want your meal to be the highlight this is the picnic for you. Not only is this fabulous but an easy meal too.
- Summer Picnic Menu – Cool off with a chilled menu that beats the summer heat!
- Delicious Beach Picnic – No fuss, no mess, fueled meal that is perfect for a day at the beach.
- No-Risk Picnics – Tips and tricks to pack, store, and keep your food safe!
- Cloud Nine Picnic in the Air – Take your man to cloud nine with this easy and yummy inflight picnic feast!
9 Picnicware Ideas
A few huge necessities of every picnic are invites, blankets, plates, and baskets. Grab a few of these needed picnic items and you’ll be picnic-ready on date night!
- Free Let’s Picnic Invitations – You can’t have a picnic without an invite! Check out this cute invite for your pretty picnic!
- The DIY Picnic Printables – Create personalized labels for your picnic items with this easy peasy step by step tutorial.
- Clip-On Picnic Utensils – These clip on picnic utensils couldn’t be any cuter! Hurry on over, make your own, and eat!
- Pockets of Fun – Picnic pockets will make packing your basket a whole lot easier. Take a peek at this how-to tutorial to make your own.
- Ready, Set, Picnic – Setting up a picnic doesn’t get easier than this! Find out just how easy putting together a picnic party can be!
- Picnic Backpack Cooler with Blanket For Two – This is a must picnic accessory to add to your list of picnic ideas for couples! Once you take a peek you will ditch your basket for this organized and fancy backpack!
- Outdoor Picnic Blanket – The perfect blanket for all of your picnic spots and the perfect addition to all of your romantic picnic ideas!
- Picnics Are For Lovers – A very detailed list of romantic places to hold a picnic and a comprehensive picnic packing list.
- Suitcase – Transform an old suitcase into the perfect picnic surprise!
11 Picnic Outfit Ideas
You’ve picked the perfect picnic location, time, and menu. Now it’s time to pick the perfect picnic outfit that will make you the star of your picnic date!
- Pretty Picnic – Just because it’s a picnic doesn’t mean you can’t dress to blow your date away. This is perfect for a Valentine’s Day picnic, any romantic picnic, or a wedding picnic.
- Picnic Primped – This is a girly outfit for those of you with a country flair!
- Romantic Impressions – A romantic outfit that is sure to impress your date.
- Picnic Outfit – A simple blue outfit with a few extras that will be perfect for a picnic date!
- Beach Days – Such a cute outfit that says, “Hello sandy picnics!”
- Sail Through – This adorable outfit will add just the right to a Spring picnic.
- Summer Picnic Outfit – Whether you are looking to dress up or be cute you’ll find this a perfect outfit!
- Vintage Picnic Attire – Step back in time and celebrate an old-fashioned picnic in style!
- Fashion Floral – An easy fashion option for any picnic occasion.
- Date Night Outfit – The perfect fall outfit that will make you the center of attention during your picnic adventure!
- Double Braided Crown – An easy step by step idea that will make you feel like a princess.
Bonus Sneak Peaks
We have two posts airing soon with picnic date themes! Aren’t you glad you stuck around?! Not only are we sharing awesome picnic date ideas but we are throwing in free printable bundles for each date idea! You’re welcome!!!
- A Watermelon Themed Picnic and Sweet Date – This watermelon themed date is a full day of fun with your man. There are four parts to this date, a country-themed picnic, an eating contest, a rodeo, and ends with a sweet nightcap. Your man is sure to love this date and the picnic ideas that come with it! Save the date for this post airing on the 28th, you don’t want to miss it!!!
- Back To School Party For Parents Only – Celebrate parents independence day with a party for adults only! Start the party with a lunch sack picnic, decadent bubbly drink, and a scrumptious dessert. Get to know each other better with a pop quiz all about your school days. Send everyone home with a school pass coupon book that will get parents through the hectic school year with a free pass to skip parent duties! Keep your eyes peeled for this post airing in Aug, your friends will be excited to join you in this picnic date party!
I am so excited to go on my next picnic date, aren’t you? I’m in love with so many of these picnic ideas!!! My dilemma is picking out what I’m going to do first. Help me out! What picnic date ideas are you stealing for your next picnic date???
Enjoy many and many picnic dates to come!!!
7 Winning Recipes for a Romantic Picnic
A comfy blanket spread over soft grass, a picnic basket filled with delicious goodies, and a pleasant view — now that’s the route to romance. We’ve chosen 7 easy recipes specially suited for a romantic picnic for two.
1. Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls
These tasty little bites are easy to make, and the perfect way to start your picnic.
Image zoom Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls | Photo by Allrecipes
2. Hot Pink Lemonade
A few fresh blueberries make this home-made lemonade extra vibrant and delicious.
Image zoom Photo by Melissa Goff
3. Strawberry Mango Mesclun Salad
Make your summer salad sweeter with some fresh strawberries and mangoes, and a touch of balsamic dressing.
Image zoom Photo by lutzflcat
4. Pesto Pasta Caprese Salad
Show off those beautiful summer tomatoes and basil with this simply, delicious pasta salad.
Image zoom Photo by Molly
5. Mendocino Chicken Salad
“Fabulous. Realize that EVERYTHING in this salad plays its part — the smokiness of the chicken, the sweet grape juice-bombs, and the crunchiness of the almonds and celery, to name a few.” — CHEFSINGLEDAD
Image zoom Photo by Allrecipes Magazine
6. Lemon Brownies
Surprise your loved one with sweet lemony brownies.
Image zoom Photo by Marianne
7. Chocolate Truffle Cookies
These decadent chocolate truffle cookies are “everything”.
Image zoom Photo by Dianne
Picking the Perfect Place
You know what they say: “location, location, location.” It’s true for romantic picnics, too. Besides the food and drink, finding just the right spot to share the afternoon is key. Here are a few suggestions.
- Set up your picnic near a lake, river, or the ocean and let the water lend a quiet musical backdrop to your outdoor meal. A park with a gurgling fountain feature works great, too.
- Hike up a mountain trail with a backpack full of picnic goodies and get away from the maddening crowds.
- Bring your picnic basket to the local botanical garden and enjoy what’s in bloom while you dine on favorite foods.
- Dash down the street to the neighborhood park for an impromptu picnic. It might just be the most romantic of all because it’s spontaneous.
- If the weather turns bad, don’t let it ruin your fun. Transform a patio or sun porch to a rainy day picnic spot by spreading out a blanket and surrounding the setting with your indoor plants.
A romantic picnic may be just the thing to help you celebrate your love this Valentine’s Day. It’s casual, fun, and gives you the opportunity to spend quality time with your date.
That’s why we’ve compiled the best romantic picnic ideas to help you create the perfect picnic. From picnic-friendly foods that are easy to make and take with you to drink ideas like pink rosé and sparkling champagne, these romantic ideas are sure to keep your love alive.
We’ve also included tips on how to create the perfect setting for your picnic, including how to choose the perfect location and how to decorate with romantic elements like fresh flowers. Fun picnic activities like hiking, camping, biking, or even an impromptu photo shoot are great ways to spend time with your sweetheart.
Check out our romantic picnic ideas below, we hope they will inspire you to get outside and enjoy some quality time with your Valentine. We also created a quick guide to help you get started!
Romantic picnic locations
When choosing a location for your romantic picnic, it’s all about finding a place where you and your lover can relax and enjoy each other’s company with minimal distractions. Perhaps the perfect location is the park where you first met, or maybe it’s your favorite beach where you’ve taken many long strolls together.
A botanical garden in the springtime can also create the perfect romantic setting amongst the beautiful blooms. For wine lovers, bring a picnic to your favorite vineyard and dine amongst the vines. If you’re an active couple, hiking along a scenic trail or to a waterfall may be just the right location for you.
Top Photo by: Darren Bester for The Pretty Blog and Food Styling by: Martha Who
Romantic picnic decor
Pulling off a romantic picnic is all about setting the scene to create the perfect atmosphere. A bouquet featuring romantic flowers like roses will certainly set the scene for an intimate picnic. A vintage bohemian rug makes for a great picnic blanket that’s both durable and stylish.
Hanging lanterns in the trees overhead adds another dimension that’s both whimsical and unique. There’s also nothing more romantic than a candlelit dinner so bring along candles for a picnic that will last into the evening.
Other cute picnic ideas include hanging jars filled with flowers in trees tied to colorful ribbons. You can also get creative by hanging a wooden board to a branch for a makeshift picnic table. Also, a small arrangement of flowers is perfect for decorating your picnic basket.
Top Photo by: Daniel Kim Photography | Florals by: Posies Floral Bottom middle Photo by: Koman Photography
Romantic picnic food
No picnic is complete without delicious food and snacks! For a romantic picnic, choose foods that are portable that won’t make a mess. Finger foods such as nuts, olives, cured meats, gourmet cheese and dips like hummus are easy snacks that can be purchased from the store. Bring along a wood board or platter so that you can create your own antipasto or charcuterie plate on the spot.
Another romantic picnic food idea is to get creative with heart-shaped desserts. Fruits like watermelon and strawberries are refreshing for an outdoor picnic in the sun. Use cookie cutters to create heart shapes out of them!
Top Photo by: Half Baked Harvest | Middle Right and Bottom Right Photo by: Darren Bester for The Pretty Blog and Food Styling by: Martha Who
Romantic picnic drinks
Celebrate your love with a bottle of sparkling champagne! Rosé and white wines are also great choices for a daytime picnic. For non-wine lovers, bring a pack of your favorite craft beers.
Remember to stay hydrated and pack plenty of water, especially when spending a lot of time outdoors in the sun. Infuse water with fruits like strawberries and lemon along with mint for a refreshing twist.
Top left Photo by: Dana Fernandez Photography | Top right Photo by: Milou and Olin Photography for Design Sponge
Romantic picnic activities / games
A romantic picnic is all about spending quality time together. Therefore, it’s the perfect time to get together and partake in your favorite activities together. Has there been a hiking trail that’s been on your list you have yet to try? Or how about spending an afternoon riding bikes along the pier or to your favorite park and relaxing with a nice picnic spread? A boat ride can also be a nice romantic escape.
For a more relaxed vibe, maybe reading your favorite books together or playing music are more your speed. In addition, a picnic can be the perfect setting for a photography shoot. Spend the afternoon taking photos together and capture memories that you can keep forever.
Top left Photo by: Twig and Olive Photography
Planning A Romantic Picnic: A Quick Guide
Check out our quick guide to planning a romantic picnic including weather tips, activities, and things to bring to create a memorable picnic.
When it comes to celebrating Valentine’s Day, the thing that matters the most is spending quality time together with your date. With all the distractions life can throw at us these days, it’s nice to just get outside and enjoy the sunshine. So put down your phone and put away your computer and start planning a romantic picnic getaway for you and your loved one to enjoy.
Show your love by sending your Valentine a bouquet of romantic flowers just to let them know you’re thinking of them.
www.wikihow.com | www.thedatingdivas.com
Romantic, Cute Picnic Date Ideas Perfect for Adult and Teen Couples
- What to wear
- Things to bring
Tips on Finding the Perfect Picnic Locations
Suggestion: find a location near you to cut down on traveling time. For a small adventure, find a further, unexplored location.
When choosing a place for your picnic date, here’s a rule of thumb: pick a place where you and your date totally feel comfortable at. It can be at the beach where you first met, or at the park where you first set eyes on your bae.
For sunset lovers, picking a place where you can clearly see the sunset is a great idea. Having a date on a botanical garden will be memorable too, especially during the springtime when flowers are in bloom. No matter what place you pick, make sure that it’s a place where you two can enjoy each other’s company and make great memories together.
Cute Picnic Date Outfits
What to Wear to a Summer or Spring Picnic? Outfit Ideas for Ladies
A picnic date is more casual compared to a fancy dinner date so you can dress down if you want. Pick a comfortable outfit, which you are most confident wearing. Whatever you choose to wear, make sure the fabric is light and breezy.
Consider switching tight jeans to a pair of shorts, or a tight dress to a cute romper. Skip the leather shoes or high heels, too. Instead, wear comfortable sneakers or flats.
Good and Easy Picnic Date Food Ideas
Suggestions For Adult Couples on a Date
Your picnic date just won’t be complete without mouth-watering food. Choose food that is easy to carry around, with a small chance of it being spilled while inside a picnic basket. You can bring sandwiches, sliced fruits, chips with dips, or chocolate-coated marshmallows. Honestly, there is a lot you can choose from.
To make the food extra special, prepare them yourself instead of just buying from the supermarket. You can make your grandma’s special home cooked cookies or salsa dip. Now that will surely impress your date. You can also cut fruits or mini-cakes into hearts using cookie cutters.
For drinks, bottled or canned ones are your best friends. It can be as simple as bringing canned soda or fruit juice or going all out by having champagne.
Be sure to check out these awesome food recipes:-
- 13 Good Picnic Food Ideas – Food Life Design
- 78 Summer Picnic Recipes – Country Living
- 15 Healthy Picnic Recipes – Primavera Kitchen
30 Things To Bring to a Successful Picnic – The Picnic Date Packing List
Now that you have chosen the perfect location, outfit, and food for your picnic date, don’t forget to bring sunblock especially during summer.
Allergens cannot be avoided sometimes too, so have anti-histamine tablets ready. If you are going to a place with many trees or bushes, bring an insect repellent lotion, too.
Here’s a simple list of things that you should consider bringing to a picnic with your date:-
- Picnic blanket
- Food basket
- Wine Glass
- Onigiri (Japanese rice ball)
- More Food!
- Butter Knife
- Paper plate
- Sun hat
- Selfie stick
- USB Cable
Setting the Right Expectation
What to expect from the date
The weather can seem nice at first, but you have to be cautious. Check weather reports in advance before confirming your picnic date, and go to the spot first to observe things that might hurt you and your date. And don’t forget to have a Plan B, in case the rain ruins your date. After all, indoor picnic dates can be a thing!
How to Take Photos on A Picnic Date
Inspiration from Social Media
View this post on Instagram
8|1|2019 A N N I V E R S A R Y P I C N I C 💕 ——————————————————— #anniversarycelebration #anniversarypicnic #romanticpicnic #outdoorpicnic #welovelove #loveisbeautiful #celebratelove
View this post on Instagram
Picnic platters for a cute couple! Our Antipasto platter & Cheese board 🍂
View this post on Instagram
Romantic picnic for two 💕