41. What winning is to me is not giving up, is no matter what’s thrown at me, I can take it. And I can keep going. – Patrick Swayze
42. far at the end of the long failure corridor. Keep moving no matter how many potholes you step into. You will get there with time! – Israelmore Ayivor
43. “To everyone battling a difficulty or under attack right now, smile, keep your head up, keep moving and stay positive, you’ll get through it.” ― Germany Kent
44. Bad experience is a school that only fools keep going to. Ezra Taft Benson
45. You may fall many times, but you must keep going. – Debasish Mridha
46. “Know this: whenever you think of leaving, a part of you has already left. But it’s never too late to get it back.” ― Kamand Kojouri
47. I don’t want to look back. I want to keep going forward, I still have something to say to people. – Joe Strummer
48. If you keep going with a definite purpose, you will find the way and reach the destination. – Debasish Mridha
49. “Only one person can stop me or keep me going; I myself.” ― Vikrmn, Corpkshetra
50. “I will keep on loving you until eternity comes to make me love you more” ― Munia Khan
- This is me letting you go
- 30 Motivational Quotes That Will Inspire You to Keep Hustling
- Motivation Quotes To Keep You Going
- Time To Get Motivated
- Motivation Quotes About Finding Success
- 45 Inspirational Quotes That Will Get You Through the Work Week
- Monday: Get Motivated
- Tuesday: Get Down to Business
- Wednesday: Keep it Going
- Thursday: Reflect on All You’ve Done
- Friday: Conquer Your Fears
- Saturday and Sunday: Prep for Success
- Best motivational quotes:
- Famous Motivational or Inspirational Quotes for Success
- Best Motivational or Inspirational Quotes for Students
51. To have faith doesn’t mean you get any less frustrated when you don’t do your best, but you know that it’s not life and death. Take what you’re given, and when you continue to work hard, you will see results. That will give you the confidence you need to keep going. – Tom Lehman
52. We get brave. we move. we believe. we keep going. – Ava
53. “There are tomorrows on their way worth the struggles of today. Never give up.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
54. “You think I’m giving up. I’m not. I’m giving in.” ― Kamand Kojouri
55. Our babies are like penguins; penguin babies can’t exist unless more than one person is taking care of them. They just can’t keep going. – Alison Gopnik
56. Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired. – Robert Strauss
57. “In our ever-changing universe, lives collide, and, like runaway planets, we just keep going.” – Michael R. French, Once Upon a Lie
58. ”I never wanted to go back and relive the glory days; I just want to keep moving forward. That’s what I took from punk. Keep going. Don’t look back.” – Paul Simonon
59. Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going. – Chantal Sutherland
60. “Pat yourself on the back when you win.
And when you don’t, just keep moving!
So long as you don’t stop moving,
Soon you may realize just how close you are to winning!” ― Chinonye J. Chidolue
61. Fantasy has a dark side to it. It also has a light hemisphere – the power of the human imagination to keep going, to imagine a better tomorrow. – Tim O’Brien
62. Art is longing. You never arrive, but you keep going in the hope that you will. – Anselm Kiefer
63. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ― Winston S. Churchill” ― Winston S. Churchill
64. If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up. – A. Josland
65. You learn to rise above a lot of bad things that happen in your life. And you have to keep going. – Lauren Bacall
66. “Keep your relationship private but don’t hide the fact you’re in one.” ― Genereux Philip
67. You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going. – Morgan Wootten
68. “No matter how hard the battle gets, or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, never give up.” – Eric Thomas
69. “Don’t let the meanies get you down.” ― Heather Wolf, The Long Spring
70. Meet some people who care about poetry the way you do. You’ll have that readership. Keep going until you know you’re doing work that’s worthy. And then see what happens. That’s my advice. – Philip Levine
71. “Is it wise to move along the path, hoping for what may never come or to go back and change your course for the likely?” ― Jasmin Morin
72. People can say what they want about me. But I’ve got a big heart and will keep going. – Tyson Fury
73. “As long as we desire to reach new heights, we will find the strength to climb the mountain.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
74. “Don’t do it! Don’t you dare think about giving up! EVERYTHING has a process. Work with the process, not against it. Move forward with purpose and never stop believing. You can do this! You know you can.” ― Stephanie Lahart
75. We did ‘Erin Brockovich’, we did ‘Man on the Moon’, we did ‘Living Out Loud’, but now I’m going to keep going. – Danny DeVito
76. I’ll keep going till my face falls off. – Barbara Cartland
77. For a long time, music was hope. Now it seems music isn’t enough to make me happy. It used to be that’s all I needed to keep going. Now I need other things to take up the other parts of my life. – Juliana Hatfield
78. “You are likely to fall when you stop paddling your bicycle. Such is life. As long as you don’t give up, you will never end up failing!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
79. I have younger friends who don’t work, and they aren’t doing so well. My secret is to keep going, keep working. – Les Paul
80. “When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: there will be ground to stand on… or you will grow wings to fly.” ― O.R. Melling
81. I’m always swimming forward like a shark. You just keep going and you don’t rest. I love waking up knowing that I have a problem to solve. – Nile Rodgers
82. “You wouldn’t train for a marathon & then give up a mile before the finish line. Same goes with your life & dreams.” ― Dawn Gluskin
83. Siren voices tell me, ‘You don’t have to keep going on.’ And then you think, ‘I’m a writer. What do I do? Sit there watching my wife clean up?’ I don’t know. I like being a writer. – Terry Pratchett
84. “Don’t give up on your daydream! That little voice inside is telling you how to live your life with intent & purpose.” ― Dawn Gluskin
85. That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something. – Meredith Monk
86. “When life events mimic shattered glass,
carefully locate the pieces then gently pick them up.” ― Gina Greenlee
87. As long as I’m working, I’m happy. You see my face – great. You don’t see my face – too bad, I don’t care. I’ll keep going. – John DiMaggio
88. When things are going good they just keep going good. – Fuzzy Zoeller
89. Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going. – Unknown
90. It takes your knowing to decide on your going. If you know where you are going, you will keep going because you have already seen yourself gone. – Israelmore Ayivor
91. Never give up,keep going,don’t quit,die in your tracks before ever giving up.If we back down every time we are faced with something tough,we are complete failures.-
92. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
– Dale Carnegie
93. Once you realize there is a life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away. – Bob Schieffer
94. Training has been such a huge part of my life and career I hope to keep going with it.
– David Prowse
95. Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. – Charles F. Kettering
96. “I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up. Most people in this business gave up and went on to other things. If you simply didn’t give up, you would outlast the people who came in on the bus with you.” – Harrison ford
97. If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you DON’T want.” – Kevin ngo
98. Show me a person who doesn’t make mistakes and I’ll show you a person who doesn’t do anything.” – Leonard Rubino
99. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
100. Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.” – James R. Cook
This is me letting you go
Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.
There are times to stay put and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
If something is important to you, you’ll find a way. If not, an excuse.
Keep on going and chances are you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I have never heard of anyone stumbling on something sitting down.
Charles F. Kettering
Nothing is impossible. ‘Impossible’ just takes a few more phone calls.
Michael J. Fox
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.
It’s better to be in the arena, getting stomped by the bull, than to be up in the stands or out in the parking lot.
I am not a product of circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
How often do you think we write our own ending before the story is even finished? How often do we give up on ourselves when our lives are just starting? Things get hard and we immediately back away and assume that means we’re going in the wrong direction, doing the wrong thing. If anything, when the waters get thick, that’s our sign to keep going.
Rachel Van Dyken
Sometimes it takes a good fall to know where you really stand.
You have to act as if it were possible to radically transform the world. And you have to do it all the time.
If you’re going through hell, keep going.
Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.
Big shots are only little shots who kept shooting.
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
If I’ve learned one lesson from all that’s happened to me, it’s that there’s no such thing as the biggest mistake of your existence. There’s no such thing as ruining your life. Life’s a pretty resilient thing, it turns out.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
Once you realize there is a life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away.
The best way out is always through.
Don’t be discouraged. It is often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.
I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.
Tracee Ellis Ross
What do you want: The pain of staying where you are, or the pain of growth?
Judith Hanson Lasater
The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.
30 Motivational Quotes That Will Inspire You to Keep Hustling
It can be hard to keep up your own pace when you work in a creative field.
A drought of motivation can feel like the end of the world, so it’s important to keep inspiration on hand.
I keep a folder of quotes on my phone at all times to remind me to maintain my hustle no matter what.
These pearls of wisdom have saved me on many a lackluster day, and today I’m sharing them with you.
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
“Don’t think about making art. Just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.”
“I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.”
“I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.”
– Roald Dahl, “My Uncle Oswald”
“We have a strategic plan. It’s called doing things.”
-Herb Kelleher, Co-founder of Southwest Airlines
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
– Maya Angelou
“Sometimes, you’ve got to work a little, so you can ball a lot.”
“Go to your desire and don’t hang around here.”
-Jack Kerouac, “Big Sur”
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined!”
“Now tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
“Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”
“Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
“To be contented—that’s for the cows.”
“The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.”
“Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
The Freelancer’s Roadmap
“I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of, ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.”
“Make it work.”
“Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.”
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
“Live every week like it’s Shark Week.”
– Tracy Jordan
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.”
“Life is short. Don’t be lazy.”
“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old. They grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
– Gabriel García Márquez
“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.”
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
“Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.”
“F*ck you. Pay me.”
Motivation Quotes To Keep You Going
By Stephanie Kirby
Updated May 09, 2019
Reviewer Karen Devlin, LPC
Time To Get Motivated
Motivation Quotes For The Tough Times
Motivation Quotes About The Importance Of Not Giving Up
Motivation Quotes About Finding Success
Motivation Quotes For Overcoming Failure
Motivation Quotes From Walt Disney
No matter how much we try to avoid negative events, they always seem to find us. When something bad happens we often have the tendency to soak in our own misery and think we don’t have what it takes to keep going.
These are moments when everyone around us looks so happy, everything seems so easy for them, and here we are, doing our best while life kicks us again and again.
In trying to cope with whatever is happening to us, our biggest mistake is thinking that someday it’ll be over and everything will just fall into our laps. The truth is things never get easier, we just find better ways in overcoming obstacles and learn to not dwell on them as much. So the key to keep going is in our pockets.
It’s hardships that make us stronger and help us grow. It might sound crazy, but the best approach would be to be thankful for every difficulty because it gives you a chance to prove yourself and at the end of the day to be your own hero.
Here are 22 quotes to inspire you to keep going and remain strong when life challenges you.
If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
What’s done is done. What’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving on. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward. – Roy T. Bennett
Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.- Theodore Roosevelt
Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t. – Jerry Rice
I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving. – Morgan Freeman
Never give up hope. All things are working for your good. One day, you’ll look back on everything you’ve been through and thank God for it. – Germany Kent
Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. – Christian D Larson
Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward. – Roy T. Bennett
Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein
You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way. – Elizabeth Taylor
If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. – Martin Luther King Jr
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow. – Mary Anne Radmacher
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. – Dale Carnegie
Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you. – George Whitefield
Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go. – Nicole Kidman
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out. – Gordon B. Hinkley
My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again. – Richard Branson
You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. – Babe Ruth
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C. S. Lewis
Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stow
45 Inspirational Quotes That Will Get You Through the Work Week
We know: Work weeks can be rough.
In fact, each day seems to present a different challenge. On Monday, you’re looking for a jolt to start the week. On Wednesday, you need some help to get over the hump. And on the weekends, you need to get rejuvenated for the week ahead.
Well, no matter what day it is, we’re here to help. These 45 motivational quotes will offer perfect inspiration and just the push you need to succeed all week long.
Monday: Get Motivated
Sure, even The Carpenters agreed that “Mondays always get you down,” but that doesn’t mean some good-old-fashioned motivation can’t get you geared up and excited for the week ahead. Let these quotes motivate you to go that extra mile today!
Tuesday: Get Down to Business
When Tuesday rolls around, it’s really time to get down to work. Having trouble getting started? These expert quotes will help boost your productivity so you can power through that to-do list!
Wednesday: Keep it Going
It’s hump day, so you’re already through half of the week. But don’t let that stop you from working hard to achieve your goals. These quotes will give you that extra push to keep reaching.
Thursday: Reflect on All You’ve Done
You’ve been hard at work all week, so now take a moment to look back at all that you’ve achieved. These reflective quotes will open your mind and allow you to appreciate where you’ve been and where you are going.
Friday: Conquer Your Fears
It’s Friday, which means it’s the end of the work week. As you move into your weekend, remember not to let your fears hold you back—in your career or your life! These quotes will urge you to leave your worries at the door and walk confidently toward the future.
Saturday and Sunday: Prep for Success
The weekend is a time for relaxation, rejuvenation, and reflection on what you really want. Use these extra moments of free time to mentally prep for success!
- 10 Quotes That’ll Make You Fearless
- 35 Inspirational Graduation Quotes Everyone Should Hear
- 23 Sheryl Sandberg Quotes That’ll Motivate You to Do Just About Anything
Photos courtesy of Monica Chon and Gordon Lew.
Winter is notoriously one of the most difficult and stressful times of the year, from holiday stress and pressure to entertain family and friends to looming work deadlines that need to be completed before the new year to bouts of seasonal depression. With so much going on—and no break in sight—it’s understandable why so many of us start feeling so completely burned out right and overwhelmed around now. That’s why we all need some inspiring quotes to keep us motivated!
“Burnout” isn’t some make-yourself-feel-better-because-you’re-unmotivated sort of term, meant to give you comfort when you’re stuck in a rut or feeling down, stressed and unmotivated for weeks on end. Burnout is real. And if you’re one of the thousands of people who are feeling the strain of burnout, you’re not alone.
According to a report published in the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care, “The term ‘burnout’ was coined in the 1970s by the American psychologist Herbert Freudenberger. He used it to describe the consequences of severe stress and high ideals in ‘helping’ professions,” and nowadays, the term has evolved to apply to anyone consistently experiencing these three main symptoms: 1) constant emotional and physical exhaustion, 2) alienated and emotionally distant due to constant stress and frustration and, lastly, 3) reduced performance or ability to complete everyday tasks.
To help you beat burnout, overcome your so-called “winter blues” and get motivated, keep this big list of the best inspirational quotes nearby and turn to them whenever you need a little reminder that “this too, shall pass.”
Here are 30 of the best inspiring quotes that will help you stay motivated and encourage you to “keep calm, and carry on” this holiday season.
Best motivational quotes:
1. “Tough times never last. Tough people do.” —Robert Schuller
2. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” —Banksy
3. “If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through.” —Chinese proverb
4. “Don’t let today’s disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow’s dreams.” —Unknown
5. “Whatever you’re feeling, be good to yourself. If you feel lost, be patient with yourself while you find your way. If you feel scared, be gentle with yourself while you find the strength to face your fear. If you feel hurt, be kind to yourself while you grieve and slowly heal. You can’t bully yourself into clarity, courage, or peace, and you can’t rush self-discovery or transformation. Some things simply take time, so take the pressure off and give yourself space to grow.” —Lori Deschene
6. “A moment of self-compassion can change your entire day. A string of such moments can change the course of your life.” –Christopher K. Germer
7. “Today I will not stress over things I can’t control.” —Unknown
8. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.” —Bob Marley
9. “Have respect for yourself, and patience and compassion. With these, you can handle anything.” —Jack Kornfield
10. “The strongest hearts have the most scars.” —Unknown
11. “Cut yourself some slack. You’re doing better than you think.” —Unknown
12. “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.” —Finding Nemo
13. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” —Dale Carnegie
14. “Remember to take care of yourself. You can’t pour from an empty cup.” —Unknown
Related: Get It, Girl! 15 Girlboss Quotes to Remember When You’re Hustling to the Top
15. “The only difference between a rut and a grave are the dimensions.” ―Ellen Glasgow
16. “Nobody’s perfect, so give yourself credit for everything you’re doing right, and be kind to yourself when you struggle.” —Lori Deschene
17. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” —Margaret Thatcher
18. “Sometimes it takes a good fall to know where you really stand.” —Hayley Williams
19. “The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.” —Mignon McLaughlin
20. “Dear Stress, I would like a divorce. Please understand it is not you, it is me.” —Thomas E. Rojo
21. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
22. “Don’t get discouraged: it is often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” —John Wooden
23. “The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.” —Unknown
24. “Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” —David McCullough Jr.
25. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” —Winston Churchill
26. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” —Bernard M. Baruch
27. “The truth is we’re all a little bit broken. We must learn to love the broken pieces of ourselves—be gentle and empathetic with ourselves, and others.” —Karen Salmansohn
28. “Quiet the voice telling you to do more and be more, and trust that in this moment, who you are, where you are at, and what you are doing is enough. You will get to where you need to be in your own time. Until then, breathe. Breathe and be patient with yourself and your process. You are doing the best you can to cope and survive amid your struggles, and that’s all you can ask of yourself. It’s enough. You are enough.” —Daniell Koepke
29. “You can have it all, just not all at once.” —Oprah Winfrey
30. “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.” —George Lucas
Want more great quotes? Check out…
50 Thinking of You Quotes
150 Good Morning Quotes
100 Wedding and Marriage Quotes
50 Friday Quotes
50 Thankful Quotes
50 Monday Motivation Quotes
150 Life Quotes
Inspirational MLK Quotes
Next up: Here are three influential women on what they want girls everywhere to know!