- 8 Ways Anyone Can Look More Attractive, According To Science
- 11 scientific ways to make yourself look and feel more attractive
- 9 Common Mistakes That Make Beautiful Women Look Less Attractive Than They Really Are
- 1. Not using the right cleanser
- 2. Misusing self-tanner
- 3. Using tanning oils
- 4. Having uneven nails
- 5. Leaving on ruined nail polish
- 6. Not providing proper care for your neck
- 7. Putting lipstick on chapped lips
- 8. Applying too much perfume
- 9. Putting your ponytail in the exact same spot
- 8 Ways to Feel Beautiful from the Inside Out
- Beauty Tips For Face: 10 Dos and Don’ts for Naturally Beautiful Skin
- 10 Dos and Don’ts for Beautiful Skin
- Let’s take a look at the rules
- Wash your face twice a day: After waking up every morning and before going to bed at night, thoroughly clean your face. This is the first thing to do to keep the skin refreshed. But many girls are indifferent to this. So they avoid it. In the morning and night, when the face is cleaned, the natural beauty comes in the face. Which will make you unique without makeup.
- Moisturize the skin: In the morning and at night, you will not only have to clean your face, but you will also have to do enough moisturize. So we need to use moisturizer according to the skin type. Using it will maintain the skin’s normal moisture. This will reduce the chances of the skin being swollen or bruised. So after cleaning your face to make yourself look attractive, you must use moisturizer with great care.
- Use toner: Toner role in our daily skin care is very significant. Using a toner removes excess oil from the skin and tightens the skin. Many types of toner are available in the market. But rose water is the best natural toner for all skin types.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week: Skin should be exfoliated once or twice a week. Different types of scrubs are available in the market. The scrub should never be used with too much rubbing. If there is no scrub, soak the soft cotton cloth in warm water and rub it in the face with circular motions. After five minutes of such a declaration, you can wash your face with cold water. Homemade scrub can be made by mixing sugar, honey, and lemon juice together. You can use the Homemade Face Pack one or two days a week after exfoliating the skin. You can buy packs of different brands from the market if you want.
- 16 Tips on How to Be Beautiful
- 1. Posture
- 2. Genuinely Smile
- 3. Less Talking
- 4. Less Complaining
- 5. Be Quietly Confident
- 6. Stay in a Group of Friends
- 7. Pay Attention and Mimic
- 8. Dress Modestly in a Way That Compliments Your Style
- 9. Emphasize Your Facial Symmetry
- 10. Work on Your Hair
- 11. Skin
- 12. Wear Lip Balm Overnight
- 13. Apply Lotion to Your Feet and Wear Socks to Bed
- 14. Healthy Weight Loss for Your Body Type
- 15. Stress
- 16. Being the Healthiest Version of Yourself
8 Ways Anyone Can Look More Attractive, According To Science
Beauty is truly only skin deep, and at the end of the day, it’s pretty meaningless if we don’t foster the more lasting parts of our identity, like kindness and intelligence. However, sometimes we just want to feel like we look our best, and for those occasions, there are scientifically verified ways to appear more attractive.
As much as I firmly believe that way too much emphasis is placed on physical attributes in our culture, and also think that the media definitely creates unrealistic standards of beauty (I’m supposed to hold down a full-time job and look like a Photoshopped celebrity who has a personal chef and trainer? I don’t think so), I also definitely feel more confident when I’m happy about the way I look. It’s an inescapable part of being human, no matter how much we might be aware of our culture’s perverse fascination with looking “perfect.”
That being said, there are definitely super simple ways that science tells us we can look more aesthetically pleasing — which in turn will hopefully give us that little added boost of confidence to help us take on an important moment or event. Because at the end of the day, so much about beauty products and fashion is really about how they makes us feel, and not about what they’re actually doing to us on the outside.
So in the spirit of feeling our most awesome, here are eight things you can do to look more attractive, backed by science.
1. Keep Your Teeth White
According to a study from the University of Leeds featured on Business Insider, clean white teeth are a quick indicator of good health and thus instantly make us more attractive to others. So grab those whitening strips (or whatever method works best for you and your life) and say hello to an awesome smile.
Try: AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Accelerator Light, $22.99, Amazon
2. Go For A Voluminous Hair Style
A piece in Everyday Health noted that thick hair is associated with health and vitality, which instantly makes you look better. If your hair has been thinning with age or is just on the thinner side in general, celebrity stylist Oribe recommended using a dry shampoo on the roots to absorb heavy oils and create an instant illusion of fullness.
Try: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, $44, Amazon
3. Take Care Of Your Skin
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleanser, $7.49, Amazon
A study published by the NIH showed that smooth skin is a major factor in overall attractiveness since, much like white teeth, it instantly indicates good health. So if you want that added boost of confidence, start giving your skin a little TLC. And since I’m a skincare junkie, I can’t help but recommend a gentle chemical exfoliate followed by a quality (scent-free) moisturizer. It’s a simple and cost-effective method for glowing skin. Also, never forget the sunscreen — seriously.
4. Have Red Lipstick Handy
The same Business Insider piece noted that a University of Manchester study found that our lips are considered to be one of our most attractive and arousing facial features. It also found that drawing attention to them with red lipstick means they will be stared at for an average of seven seconds longer. So if you’re looking to feel your sexiest, go with the red!
Try: Lime Crime Velvetine Lipstick in Red Velvet, $20, Amazon
5. And Put On That Red Dress
If you like red lipstick, you should also consider that red dress in your closet. In a study out of the University of Rochester, participants rated people as more attractive when they’re in red over other colors — even when shown pictures of the same person.
Try: BCBGMax Azria Bennett One-Shoulder Cocktail Dress, $268, Amazon
That’s right — a study featured in the Social Psychology Bulletin simply subtly mimicking the person we’re talking to can increase your attractiveness. So the next time you’re in conversation with someone you’re really into, be sure to pay attention to their body language and respond with a similar gesture or posture. Subtle mimicry indicates attraction.
Try: The Language of Love – Powerful Body Language to Attract the Opposite Sex, $9.99, Amazon
7. Accentuate Your Symmetry
pixiwoo on YouTube
You’ve likely heard that facial symmetry is strongly associated with attractiveness, and a study out of Stanford confirms this. However, the fact of the matter is most of us aren’t perfectly symmetrical. Our eyes might be two slightly different sizes, our mouth may be a little lopsided, our nose could be a little uneven. It’s natural and normal, and is generally not something to stress about at all. However, if you want that extra boost of confidence, the good thing is that makeup is kind of a miracle when it comes to creating the illusion of symmetry. You can soften a hooded eye, shadow the nose, or slightly reshape a lip — it’s all about knowing how. Check out the above Pixiewoo video to see how you can make your eye bigger or smaller to see how it’s done.
8. Be Confident
This is something I’ve written about before as well. Confidence can instantly make you a more magnetic person. According to Harvard psychologist Craig Malkin, it’s because confident people are more likely to engage in behavior that inspires trust in other people, like solid eye contact and open body language, as well as are more likely to be open and say what they mean. So even if you’re naturally on the shyer side, try to fake it ’til you make it on those nights when you want to feel super cute.
We’re all our own worst critic when it comes to the way we look, which is why some quick, scientifically-proven ways to look better can be just the thing to help melt away our insecurities. So throw on that red dress, pump up your hair, and remember that you look awesome.
Images: Pexels (1); Giphy (7)
11 scientific ways to make yourself look and feel more attractive
Cracking a joke can help others see you as more attractive, too.
A 2015 study by the University of Kansas found that laughing together can increase attraction in couples. In the study, 51 pairs of people who didn’t know each other talked; the more times a man tried to be funny and the more times a woman laughed at his jokes, the more likely she was romantically interested in him.
Additionally, the more the pair laughed together, the higher level of attraction they reported.
Having sex is a great, fun, and pretty easy way to boost your self-image.
People who had casual sex with a supportive partner were found to show an increase in confidence and self-image, according to a 2014 study from the “Journal of Social Psychological and Personality Science.”
Plus, the pheromones you release during and after sex can automatically draw people to you, making you more attractive to them too, according to research conducted by San Francisco State University.
Fake it until you make it.
The easiest way to make yourself feel confident? Act like you already are.
When you challenge yourself to feel good about yourself, it will show and others will take notice.
“The way you enter a room or share a glance are indicators of your confidence working for you or against you,” Levy said. “It is all about your smile, body language and even eye contact. When you feel odd or awkward people can pick up on that uneasiness which will equate to whether or not you are perceived as attractive.”
Need some inspiration? A 2013 study published in the “Journal of Experimental Social Psychology” found that simply recalling a moment when you were confident can increase levels of self-confidence.
Rock some red.
Having a wardrobe that makes you feel confident is a huge step in driving up how you see yourself, but feeling better about your appearance may be as simple as wearing a different color.
A study from the University of Rochester suggests that wearing red can automatically make women more attractive to men. They were more likely in the study to ask out a woman wearing a red shirt than one in green.
Jen Thoden, founder of the personal style site Your Color Style, told INSIDER that red “represents passion, power and sensuality.” She recommends rocking red to be taken more seriously and to get a rush of empowerment for yourself.
Stand up straight and tall.
Having good posture can make you look good, but it can also make you feel good.
One study from the Association of Psychological Science found that sitting up straight can make you feel more confident and powerful. They found that people who strike “power poses” reported elevations in testosterone, decreases in cortisol (a chemical found when you experience fear), and increased feelings of power.
So, if you’re looking for a mood boost and to view yourself in a more positive light, it might be worth keeping your chin up both physically and mentally.
• This chart is easy to interpret: It says we’re screwed
• How Uber became the world’s most valuable startup
• These 4 things could trigger the next crisis in Europe
Read the original article on INSIDER. © 2017. Follow Business Insider UK on Twitter.
9 Common Mistakes That Make Beautiful Women Look Less Attractive Than They Really Are
Avoid embarrassing makeup mistakes.
Many beautiful women invest a lot of time and effort into figuring out the best beauty tips for how to be pretty and more attractive.
And while women are beautiful by nature, many gorgeous women unknowingly commit makeup and skincare faux pas that actually detract from their good looks and natural beauty, rather than enhance it.
So in your quest for how to be even more beautiful than you already are, make sure you’re following the best beauty tips possible that elevate your overall attractiveness — instead of hindering it.
Here are 9 common makeup and beauty mistakes beautiful women make that cause them to look less attractive than they really are.
1. Not using the right cleanser
The skincare products you use needs to be suited to your skin and your particular needs. If you know that your skin is sensitive, consider using a face cleanser for acne-prone skin that may help you to deal with any imperfections appearing due to sensitivity.
Another thing to consider is how you exfoliate. While it is recommended to do it regularly to get rid of dead cells and make the skin more vibrant, you should make sure to be gentle. If you are too aggressive during exfoliating, it may cause dryness, oil breakout, redness, or other problems.
The same applies when you exfoliate too often. It is more than enough to exfoliate once or twice on a weekly basis.
2. Misusing self-tanner
In your efforts for how to look hot, you might think self-tanner is the way to go. But this is a tricky one since self-tanning products are difficult to use evenly. More often than not, you notice that you missed a spot or an area and there is an obvious difference from the rest of your body.
In order to get an even layer, you should always exfoliate before putting self-tanner on and never apply it on your wet skin. Always wash your hands to avoid them becoming disproportionately tan compared to the rest of your body, too.
3. Using tanning oils
You might not be happy with how your skin looks; it seems pale and overall unattractive. If you are looking for ways to brighten dull skin so you can look more attractive, tanning oils might not be the right way to go. In most cases, they fail to provide the right protection from the sun, especially if you’re spending an entire day out of the shade.
Not only you will end up with being burnt, but there are long-term effects that can be even more troubling, such as skin cancer or premature aging.
4. Having uneven nails
There are different styles and preferences when it comes to nails these days and that is something we should all accept. However, one thing has not changed: Whether you prefer long or short nails, bare or polished, they need to be even.
In fact, there are not many things that can look as unattractive and distasteful on a woman than uneven nails.
5. Leaving on ruined nail polish
Beautiful women have beautiful, healthy nails. However, not all nail polishes are of the same quality, and some of them might not even last for an entire day. If you find that your nail polish peels off during the day, make sure to take it off or replace it as soon as you get the chance.
Oh, and peeling it off yourself is absolutely unacceptable. It may affect your nail’s health and quality!
6. Not providing proper care for your neck
Aging is natural, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to combat its visible signs as long as possible. There are many skin care products that claim to have anti-aging effects that will revitalize your skin and bring its youthfulness back. But did you know that most facial products can and should be applied to the neck area, too?
Check the label and choose the products that can be applied to both décolletage and neck, as those are also quite prone to aging signs.
7. Putting lipstick on chapped lips
It might be that it gets windy outside or you have a biting habit, but whatever the reason, you are bound to have problems with dry or flaky lips occasionally. In those cases, you should avoid putting lipstick on as it will not have the effect you are looking for and it will not boost your appearance.
Instead, try to get rid of dead skin cells with a toothbrush (be gentle) and utilize a moisturizing balm. Once you get rid of dryness, you can return to making your lips beautiful with lipstick.
8. Applying too much perfume
Everyone loves attractive woman with a fresh and attractive scent, but you need to know where the limit is when applying perfume. There is no need to leave behind your scent minutes after you leave the room. Too much perfume may not only have the counter-effect to what you want to achieve but can even induce headaches to other people.
When in doubt, use moderation.
9. Putting your ponytail in the exact same spot
Some women love wearing a ponytail and that’s their favorite hairstyle for all occasions. While there is nothing wrong with that, you should make sure not to always tie it in the exact same position. A ponytail leads to plenty of hair tension and if you’re wearing it every day, you can weaken the quality and health of your follicles.
Each woman does her best to look as beautiful as possible, which is why it’s important to avoid making these mistakes in your beauty routine. With an insight into the most common errors that occur, you will now know what you should do differently to optimize your already natural beauty!
Aneeca Younus is an expert editor, mentor, analyst and researcher. She has worked across the globe with highly-qualified health and beauty experts.
Any woman can be pretty with health, good clothes, the right makeup. But the greatest natural enemy to a woman’s beauty is insecurity.
It’s a feeling we all experience yet tend to think is unique to ourselves. Most women present a facade to the world and keep their insecurity locked inside.
Watch an elegant woman at a party. Every hair is in place and her clothes are perfect. She seems confident and relaxed, cool and unflappable. There, you think, is a woman who feels secure.
But what that woman has learned is to channel her insecurities and fears, how to feel relaxed in spite of the pressures of life, how to feel in control of herself.
Begin with an honest evaluation. Study yourself in a mirror. Pick out the good points and the bad points, then decide how you can make improvements.
But don’t be too hard on yourself. That’s self-defeating and demoralizing.
Reference: How to Be Pretty, and Look Beautiful
Choosing The Right Style
The problem of dressing can be confusing because of fashion trends. The fashionable woman is one who conforms to the latest styles. But that goes against the whole idea of being yourself, not an imitation of someone else.
It is more important to be pretty as a woman than to be fashionable. A good way around the changing style problem is to adapt styles to your own personality.
Spend a lot of time studying yourself in the mirror when you try on clothes and when you wear them. Then you’ll learn what’s best and most attractive for you.
Make sure your clothes fit well and train your eye to see proportion.
Proportion may have to do with scale, the size of a print or a stripe. If you’re tall, you’re lucky because you can wear almost anything, large prints, bold patterns and all the lengths.
A smaller woman usually looks better in a scaled-down print and she shouldn’t wear extremely high heels. But she doesn’t have to be dainty and all-feminine. We don’t like the word “feminine” because it always sounds like ruffles and lace and that’s too fussy – not the way you want to look today.
Proportion is also length; not trendy lengths but the length of a skirt that makes your legs look good. Sleeve lengths are important, too.
Women with heavy arms can wear a short sleeve, women with thin arms can wear a shorter sleeve, but you have to make certain that it covers an unattractive bulge or a bony elbow.
The same holds good with tops. Longer tunics, cardigans and smock tops cover nippiness.
Anything that calls too much attention to what you’re wearing or how you’re wearing it is wrong. You can’t let your clothes take over or overpower you. People shouldn’t comment on the beautiful color of a dress. They should notice that the color and style look wonderful on you.
The same is true for figure faults. If your legs are bad and you wear your skirts long in order to hide them, you’re just calling attention to them.
Instead wear something that attracts the eye to the top to your good features.
Accessories are fun but they should never be self-conscious or too studied. They should add something fresh to an outfit and create a good mood.
What’s important is to find a style which is attractive and which you feel good in. Then stick with it. When you don’t know what to buy, you should always have in mind whom you dress for… you might be surprised to discover that person is really you – not your husband or boyfriend.
The most important asset in life to us is good health. Without good health you cannot be beautiful.
Nutrition is perhaps the single most important contribution you make to good health. And in eating to be healthy you may have to unlearn a taste for things like chocolate and ice-cream.
Keep in mind that you cannot go against the nature of your body and you shouldn’t try. We all have different body types. We all have different metabolisms that control the way our food is turned into energy or into excess fat.
Even if you consider all the charts and the so-called “ideal” you must make a personal adjustment to find your ideal. Trying to be excessively thin if it’s not your type will only leave you without vitality, without the glow of good health that makes you beautiful.
Rules for being pretty with health
Here are some general rules for maintenance of a healthy body with good nutrition.
- Eat enough of the right foods to maintain your energy, your body shape, a feeling of well-being.
- Don’t abuse your body. All the good nutrition in the world won’t hold up if you are excessive in your smoking habits and alcohol consumption, if you don’t get enough sleep or if you allow stress to take over your mind and body.
- Develop good habits. Try to eat three meals a day and don’t eat between meals. When you’re eating out you can always find something healthy on the menu.
- Don’t let any of your good habits get boring. Vary your menu, your foods. Prepare and serve your food attractively. Try to eat in a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.
- Make everything as simple as possible. The more simply you cook, the more simply you eat, the better off you are. There’s a false pretension about serving complicated dishes.
- Far more important is to have good quality, the best you can find. The freshest vegetables, the freshest eggs, the best grade of meat.
- Steaming vegetables helps to keep more of the vitamins and cooking the way the Chinese do is wonderful. They just quick-fry in a little light vegetable oil and seal in all the flavor and food value.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are more nutritious raw. There’s so much food value in the skins and peels that it’s a shame to scrape or stew or boil away that goodness. Eat your fruits and vegetables just scrubbed clean.
- If you have trouble digesting some raw fruits and vegetables, drink the juices. If you can’t digest celery or carrots and all the wonderful leafy greens, you may be able to drink them from the blender.
- Learn to like the foods that you know are good for you.
Proteins are builders, repairing and replenishing cell tissues. Most of your hair is protein as are your skin and nails. Muscles have the heaviest concentration of protein.
For good health and longer life your body requires 20 or so amino acids which are found in protein. Your body can manufacture 12 of these, but you have to bring in the other eight through proteins you eat, otherwise the body-manufactured ones don’t work.
That’s exactly why you should never put yourself on an “all” or an “only” diet of any kind.
Fortunately, all first-rate high protein foods also contain the 10 essential amino acids and you don’t have to think about it too much if you’re eating well.
The proteins and therefore the essential amino acids are abundant in milk, in lean meat, chicken, turkey, cottage and cream cheese, canned salmon and tuna, and eggs; the dry pulses peas, lentils, soy beans also rank high in protein content.
Fats are invaluable for beauty because they help to lubricate the skin and scalp. They generate heat in the body and produce essential fatty acids which then help to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins.
But you must eat fats with care because they contribute mightily to overweight and are enemies to anyone with cholesterol problems. You cannot do without some fats in your diet, but remember that a little goes a long way.
Animal foods are particularly high in fat. For example, fat meats, butter and cream, whole milk. But don’t forget natural vegetable oils, peanut butter and avocados also have a high fat content.
Carbohydrates provide your body with energy. Too many unused carbohydrates will stay in your body, stored in cells or turned to fat. Carbohydrates are worth counting if you’re trying to lose weight. Sugar, sweets, pastries and pastas are high in carbohydrates. So are the grain foods: rice, oats, corn, wheat and all the breads.
Vitamins and minerals
Vitamins and minerals are absolutely essential to good health and beauty.
- Vitamin A keeps your skin soft and smooth by helping to slough off dry cells, aiding in preventing dryness and roughness. It’s found in cantaloupe, carrots, apricots, spinach, turnip and beet tops; all the yellow and green vegetables that contain carotene, an element which helps your body convert the foods to helpful vitamin A.
- There is no single Vitamin B but a complex family of B vitamins. They are important to skin texture and help you to sleep well. They are also anti-stress. If you sunbathe or take a drink, have an extra helping of B that day. You find it in milk, liver and other organ meats, the whole grains and wheat germ, and in beans.
- Vitamin C has a reputation as a fighter against infection. It’s found in citrus fruits. You’ll also get plenty of vitamin C from even small amounts of broccoli or kale, red and green capsicums, spinach, cantaloupe and fresh strawberries.
- Vitamin D helps you relax and sleep. It also aids bone structure and makes good teeth for a pretty smile. You can take vitamin D in fish oils and from vitamin D-enriched milk, which may well be why we’re often told to drink a glass of milk before retiring.
- It has been established that vitamin E contributes to a healthy heart because it helps to prevent a build-up of blood cholesterol. Corn oil, wheat germ, leafy green lettuce and avocados are excellent sources of vitamin E.
- Minerals come from the earth and from the sea and are important to the development of a sound, strong body and to your nerves.
- Calcium and Magnesium are two of the minerals your body needs to keep you feeling relaxed. Calcium is also a bone builder and important for strong teeth. Calcium and magnesium are well represented in milk, salmon and sardines, and in dark green leafy vegetables.
- Iron helps to keep the blood strong as it carries oxygen to all the cells in your body. If you’re lacking in iron you may find yourself short of breath, tiring easily, even anemic. Shellfish and the dark green vegetables are high in iron.
Caring for Your Hair
Take time, lots of time, to evaluate the quality of your hair. When you really know what the texture of your hair is, you’re sure to find a style to suit your face and lifestyle.
Fashions in hairdos change but seldom drastically. When you know who you are and what your best look is you may wear your hair the same way for 20 to 50 years while blunt cuts and layered looks come and go.
The right cut is fundamental to any hairdo. A good stylist knows how to shape your hair so that it keeps its shape as it grows.
Keep your hair and scalp clean. Always use lukewarm, not hot water when you shampoo. Shampooing in the shower is easy and most effective.
Massage your scalp at home. Press your finger pads against your forehead and work them in strong circles slowly all along the hairline. Then knead from the hairline all the way back and down the nape of your neck.
Massage stimulates the circulation but it also brings the oils to the surface of the scalp, so then you do your brushing, maybe 20 or 30 times, to work the oils through.
Invest in a good hairbrush that will last a long time with minimal care. Remember to keep it clean. Work a little of your shampoo through it each time you wash your hair and after you brush.
These days there are many professional products available for quick-setting and quick touch-ups – curling irons, steam curling wands, heated rollers and roller combs as well as dryers. You can be ready to face the world in minutes.
Skin Care and Makeup
Some people say we start aging the day we are born. Certainly the difference is evident between a baby’s skin and the skin of a 14-year-old.
Every skin needs regular cleansing, moisturizing and lubricating. Moisturizing is terribly important for an oily skin, too. Oily skins can be just as dehydrated as dry skins.
Apply moisturizer all over your face, around your ears, on the ear lobes. Tap moisturizer on chin and jaw line and don’t forget the V of your chest which may be completely exposed to the elements in an open-necked shirt. Moisturizer applied to your mouth gives a lovely smooth look and feel and it’s marvelous as a base for lip color.
Avoid too much sun. Don’t smoke to excess. Avoid excessive alcohol. Treasure your skin. The benefits of constant moisturizing and care will grow along with your skin.
And as you get older, add a nourishing cream to lubricate the skin while you sleep. Most women prefer to use nourishing cream at night but there are no rules about it.
To get the best from cosmetics:
- Use light, sheer products. If you start sheer and light, then you can add more foundation for more cover if you need it and intensify cheek or shadow color when you want to.
- Use brushes whenever possible. They give more control of fine lines and you can brush out color to soften and smudge hard edges. Use the tip of your finger for smooth blending of larger areas of the face.
- Always apply makeup in clear, bright light and then check it in another light. Choose your makeup according to the light you will be seen in – what looks good in a candlelit restaurant or in natural sunlight could look disastrous in a neon-lit office.
- Work with a magnifying mirror then check in a regular mirror.
- Makeup is an illusion. The most important thing you have to learn is the principle of light and dark, shiny and matte. Whenever you apply a light color or a shiny texture you bring the area forward. When you apply a dark color or a matte finish the area recedes. So highlight your good features with light colors and with products that glisten and shine. Play down your less attractive features by using darker colors and matte finishing.
- Apply foundation and cheek color downwards. Makeup is the exact opposite of your cleansing routine. When you clean your face you want to get into the pores. When you apply makeup you want a smooth finish. Makeup should stay on the surface of your skin, permitting the moisturizer and protectors to do their work.
- Experiment with various cosmetics. Don’t always stick with the same look. Try out new colors to suit your different moods and clothes.
Splash On The Scent
Smelling good should not be an extravagance.
The choice of a fragrance is highly personal, very individual. Use one you like and use it freely. Dab it, spray it, splash it all over. Use it for yourself, because it makes you feel good, because you enjoy it.
Perfume doesn’t make you sexy. The sexiness, the mystery, the glamour is in you. But more than anything else, perfume reminds you that you’re a woman.
A pretty girl is like a melody, but if she’s pretty in more ways than one she’s worth a whole symphony. A guide to grooming, makeup, hair care, diet, and exercise, by an American authority on beauty and fashion.
Being prettier with makeup
Every girl can now be more daring, can wear any look that’s right for her. Here they are with every chance in the world to make yourself look prettier:
- Loose powder. Loose powder leaves a residue in eyebrows. Use a brush to remove excess then contour the brow.
- Scent. If you put a little scent onto your third finger and run it across each brow you will keep them looking sleek. Smells sweeter too.
- Dark brows. Dark brows look harsh if your hair is fair. Lighten them with a cream facial bleach. Effectiveness depends on time the bleach stays on.
- Stray hairs. Pluck stray hairs out every three or four days. Don’t wait until brows look shaggy. Choose sharp, slanted tweezers that will pick up hair easily. Soothe with skin tonic.
- Mascara. Mascara clogs lashes but you can avoid this if you use a special lash comb when the mascara is almost dry to separate them. Open your mouth when making-up eyes, you won’t blink.
- Hand mirror. Always carry a hand mirror for spot checks. Temperature changes can cause makeup to wilt and you may not find a mirror when you need one most.
- Lip gloss. Lip gloss is not known for its staying power. But for a special moment, such as having a photograph taken, it gives a polished finish.
- Moisturizer. If you blend your moisturizer with your base makeup (equal amounts of each) you will achieve a soft even coloring across the skin. You can still cover blemishes if you use a concealer stick under base makeup.
- Translucent loose powder. Always use a translucent loose powder for the smoothest finish. It will ensure a makeup lasts up to seven hours. Take a cotton wool ball and dust upwards to remove excess.
- Eye pencil. Your eye pencil will slide more easily if you warm it on a lamp bulb. This favorite trick of top makeup artists helps to achieve a soft, smudged look. Use immediately for the best results around your eyes.
Getting your body into shape
The healthiest people around are those who are naturally slim and who gain little weight with age, and who are physically active. If you want to look pretty all the time, now is the time to take the necessary steps to get your body into shape:
- Exercise. Consider your body as a motor car. Rev it up each day with a bout of exercise. Skipping or running will leave you feeling sharper.
- Sleep. Not everybody needs eight hours sleep each night but it is a fair guide. Sleep is one of your three basic beauty needs, along with a good diet and plenty of exercise.
- Energy. If you feel low on energy, check that you are eating a cardiac diet. Consider a course of multi-vitamin pills. The B-complex vitamins help the body deal with stress.
- Sun. Consider the sun as your free beauty bonus. It’s your best source of vitamin D, which is vital for healthy skin, teeth and bones.
- Posture. Check your posture. If it is bad, you’ll feel sluggish. Imagine a line running from ears to shoulders, hips, knees, middle of your feet. Now you are standing perfectly.
- Hunger. Staving off hunger pangs with sweets and biscuits just creates a vicious circle. The sugar they contain satisfies you at first but the effect soon wears off, leaving you craving more food. Don’t turn your nose up at raw carrots, celery or fruit. They are great natural beauty foods.
- Mineral water. Sparkling mineral water is your best drink if you are watching your weight. Delicious with a lice of lemon.
- Calorie counter. Your calorie needs vary according to daily physical activities but most women will lose weight on 500 or 1500 calories a day. Carry a pocket counter with you to check calorie values of everything you eat.
Eating healthy foods for beauty
Regardless of her figure, every girl should eat a balanced diet for health and beauty. Health and beauty always go hand in hand. Below is a list of foods you should eat every day – whether you are trying to lose weight or not. These are the basic foods necessary for good health at any age.
- Milk. If you are trying to lose weight, use skim milk instead of whole milk. You save about 80 calories per glass! Milk builds strong bones and healthy teeth.
- Meat, fish, poultry, or cheese. This is the protein group necessary for growth. Proteins are the builders of blood, muscle, and tissue.
- Eggs. If you don’t like them “straight,” combine them with your milk quota in custards and eggnogs. Eggs supply a special form of protein important for your skin, teeth, nails, hair, and eyes.
- Fruit. Two servings a day. One serving should be a citrus fruit (orange or grapefruit), or a tomato for vitamin C. The other might be an apple, banana, pear, peach, or slice of melon, or a plate of strawberries.
- Vegetables. Two servings a day. One should be a leafy, green vegetable. Vegetables supply valuable vitamins and minerals.
- Bread or cereal. Two slices of bread, or one serving of cereal every day. Slimmers are permitted this amount, thin people may find they can take extra bread.
- Fats. One to three tablespoons a day. Some fat is necessary for internal lubrication. Fat is found in butter and margarine, salad dressings, peanut butter, and cream, and in meats, and meat products, such as sausage. Your main problem is not how to get enough fat, but how to avoid getting too much.
Beauty tips from most photographed models
Every now and then it is appropriate to stress a few points to the busy girl — to tell her that she must find time to provide for beauty. Here are personal tips from most photographed models on how to be prettier, and more beautiful.
- Facial toner. Facial toner in a spray is a boon. The sensation when the toner hits the skin is tingling sharp. Use it as a toner on cleansed skin before moisturizing, as a pick-up or in a short burst to set makeup.
- Moisturizing cream. Use your moisturizing cream around the back of the neck, too. Or try a hand cream if you prefer to use expensive face cream sparingly.
- Ointment. Lips can become sore and chapped at any time of the year. Wear a protecting salve at all times, including under lipstick or gloss.
- Face mask. Don’t dismiss face masks as time-consuming or messy. You will find it more effective if you apply before your bath or shower. The steam will help the mask penetrate.
- Face wash. Most women prefer to wash their faces with soap or at least splash with cool water after a thorough cleansing. Take a soft towel and pat very gently against the skin.
- Sunblock. Don’t be misled about the sun’s burning rays. Even on cloudy days they are still strong, so it is vital to use a sunblock each morning.
- Body skin. Body skin dries out just as facial skin so if you bare your legs this summer, a daily application of cream will smooth away rough skin. Sloughing body skin with a loofah removes dead, flaky surface cells and brings a warm, healthy glow.
- Nail polish. If you find your nail polish tends to chip easily, don’t keep redoing it but touch up the tips to help preserve the nail’s strength.
- Skin calluses. Skin calluses. If you wear more than one ring you can develop tiny skin calluses. Avoid them by swapping rings around. Massage in hand cream. A pumice stone will leave the skin soft.
- Short nails. Short nails will look their best if they are painted a soft, natural color. Choose lots of bracelets rather than rings to take attention away from your fingers to your wrists. Ruffled cuffs have the same effect.
- Nails. Nails get forgotten in winter but with warmer weather coming you should think about painting them. Never use clashing colors on toes and fingers.
- Fingernails. If you have naturally well-shaped fingernails, they will look fabulous just buffed. You should use the buff against the grain of the nail for healthy shine.
- Hair. Hair that lacks body will improve instantly with a conditioning mousse. Give it seconds to dry then brush hair into shape. Instant hair help is at hand with ribbons, combs, scarves. Never tie back your hair with a rubber band, it will tear and split the ends. Choose covered “elastic” bands.
- Hairspray. Hairspray will be less visible if you first spray it on to your hair brush. Repeat the spray and brush action about three times each.
- Dry hair. A warm almond or olive oil treatment still remains the best solution for dry, over-bleached hair. Use your fingertips to massage in, leave five minutes and wash.
- Brushing. Brushing is good for your hair but only when done correctly. The old-fashioned 100 strokes is unkind to hair but 25 strokes each day will improve its overall condition.
- Scent. Use your favorite scent all round, wearing scent is an art. Put essence in your bath: keep empty scent bottles in your wardrobe, carry an atomizer in your bag.
- Shoes. Badly fitting shoes mean bad posture. Check yours by drawing an outline of your bare foot (no socks). If the outline is larger than the shoe sole, shoes are too small.
- Tan. A carefully acquired tan makes you look and feel better. Tan in a solarium if you want to start before heading for the beach. Best summer makeup to flatter a tan will have strong hints of bronze and gold colors.
- Smile. Your smile is one of your best beauty assets. You should floss away plaque between the teeth and use an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Fabrics. Choose easy-care fabrics. Nothing looks worse than nasty wrinkles. Pure fabrics always seem to crease more easily than a mix containing some man-made fibers.
- Eye drops. A splash of eye drops is to red and tired eyes what a brisk shower is to your body.
- Haircut. Invest in a really good haircut, long hair can look flat and lack bounce. Subtle layering makes a big difference and shorter hair is easier to wash and care for.
8 Ways to Feel Beautiful from the Inside Out
7. Replace Anti-Aging with Healthy Aging
The words “healthy aging” have always made a lot more sense than “anti-aging,” the catchphrase that has become so popular in the media and cosmetic industry. What does anti-aging mean anyway? How do women feel when they are told that the key to looking beautiful is equated with not getting older? As a model, there is enormous focus on keeping the aging process from showing on your face and body. Plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures have become common practice for women in the public eye to ensure a youthful look. Women who talk about feeling and looking attractive as they age focus more on prolonging the health of their bodies and skin rather than stopping the clock by trying to “fix” themselves. They adapt to the changes they see. In the end, feeling attractive is based on how you experience your looks, no matter what you do or don’t do to your face and body.
8. See Yourself as an Example for the Next Generation
Perhaps the best tip I heard from the women who age gracefully is that they see themselves as role models for the next generation. They feel a responsibility to demonstrate that being attractive at midlife is not only a possibility, but that the meaning of beauty can be broadened and deepened with age. These are women who don’t panic as their looks change, so their bodies and faces appear calm and relaxed. At social and professional gatherings, they show the kind of poise and grace they want their daughters and younger colleagues to emulate. They say they owe it to themselves and others to look forward optimistically to the years that lie ahead so that they pass on that kind of confidence to others. Strength and beauty is reflected proudly on their faces and bodies for all to see.
Accepting aging: Your 6-step plan
What some of Hollywood’s leading ladies have to say about aging
Vivian Diller, PhD, is a psychologist in private practice in New York City. Dr. Diller was a professional dancer before she became a professional model, represented by Wilhelmina, appearing in Glamour, Seventeen, national print ads and TV commercials. After completing her PhD in clinical psychology, she went on to do postdoctoral training in psychoanalysis at NYU. She has written articles on beauty, aging, eating disorders, models and dancers and served as a consultant to a major cosmetic company interested in promoting age-related beauty products. Her book FACE IT: What Women Really Feel As Their Looks Change (2010), written with Jill Muir-Sukenick, PhD and edited by Michele Willens, is a psychological guide to help women deal with the emotions brought on by their changing appearances. For more information, please visit VivianDiller.com.
Beauty Tips For Face: 10 Dos and Don’ts for Naturally Beautiful Skin
Why God, why? Is flawless skin just too much to ask for? A late night leads to dark circles in the morning. Got an upcoming party? Oh wait, I spy a zit. Yes yes, we are well aware of the basic CTM technique… Cleanser-Toner-Moisturizer. We try every new face wash, sunscreen, anti-ageing cream that hits the market. If dry skin and dead skin, oily skin and patchy skin weren’t enough – you now have combination skin! And we are ever so willing to try anything under the sun to get beautiful skin. But it is not an overnight miracle. The flawless, blemish and acne-free skin that you’ve always desired is no more a dream, but a reality. Here are some brilliant beauty tips for face to get that glow you’ve always wanted. Browse through our beauty secrets, tackle your skincare issues and follow our tricks regularly to get beautiful skin naturally. Excited, happy or stressed, it’s your face that gives you away. Ever wondered how to get a glowing skin? We’ve rounded up expert skin care tips for keeping blemishes at bay and enhancing your natural beauty. Whether you have time for intensive skin care or not, pamper yourself by acing the basics.
Lucky for you, we make face-care easy.
10 Dos and Don’ts for Beautiful Skin
1. The Golden Rule
Do: Make sure you always (and we mean always) remove your makeup before hitting the sheets. The skin needs to breathe overnight. And makeup prevents that, as leaving it on overnight clogs the pores which may cause blemishes and/or blackheads. Don’t possess a makeup remover? Just put some olive oil on a cotton pad and gently massage the oil onto your face to get rid of the makeup and dirt.
Don’t: Forget that exfoliation is indispensable. At least once or twice a week, exfoliate your skin to remove the layers of dead skin, sure to leave you with a more healthy glow and brighter skin. You can also apply a paste of walnut in powder form with yogurt to exfoliate your skin, as the antioxidants present in walnuts help remove dirt and promote radiant skin.
Never forget to exfoliate your skin and remove the makeup before calling it a night.
2. Sun and Skin
Do: Apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Since a lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems, you have to protect your skin from the sun. Make sure the label reads ‘noncomedogenic’ or ‘nonacnegenic’ so that the product does not tend to block pores.
Don’t: Skip the sunscreen, whether it’s cloudy or cold outside (no excuses). If you’re heading to a beach or around reflective surfaces like snow or ice, lather your skin up with some more sunscreen with SPF of at least 30.
Sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
3. You are What You Eat
Do: Keep a note of what you put on your plate. Eat fresh fruits, greens, sufficient protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and sugar promotes radiant skin. Consider a low-sugar diet, which can keep insulin levels down, allowing cells to maintain a healthy balance.
“Don’t: Eat spicy and fermented foods, salt, citrus fruits, fried food. Instead favour blander foods such as rice, oatmeal and applesauce”, advises American author and Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad, in The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies.
(Also Read: Turmeric Powder for Beauty: How To Use it For Your FaceAnd Skin)
Fresh fruits and greens is what healthy skin needs.
4. Sweat It Out!
Do: Exercise regularly. Running, jogging and yoga will give your body the necessary blood circulation, and also accelerate the cleansing process of your entire body. You will notice a glow on your face after working out. Racing against time? Just take a brisk walk around the block.
Don’t: Skip skincare before and after a workout. Apply a toner to help minimize oil production before heading out. Exfoliate after, and then apply shea butter or olive oil to moisturize the skin.
Running, jogging and yoga will accelerate the cleaning process of your body.
5. Beauty Sleep
Do: Try to sleep at least 8 hours every night. If you don’t get enough shut eye, your skin gets tired just like you – it sags and you get bags. So don’t risk it. You can also apply honey on your face twice or thrice a week to naturally soothe and heal your skin.
“Don’t: Forget to wash and moisturize your face before going to bed”, recommends Dr. Rahul Nagar, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. “For dry skin, use milder cleansers that are free from alcohol. Apply lots of moisturizer, and avoid hot water as it dries out the skin excessively.”
Never forget to wash your face before sleeping and moisturize well.
6. H2O to The Rescue
Do: Hydrate yourself. Drink lots of water daily, at least 8 glasses if not more. Also, eats fruits and vegetables that have a high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, orange, strawberry, grapefruit and cantaloupe. Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad recommends to “drink water from a blue coloured bottle”, since it has a cooling effect.
Don’t: Ignore rose water. It helps prevent and reduce eye puffiness in the morning, maintains pH balance and naturally hydrates your skin if you spritz it on during the day.
Rose water maintains pH balance and naturally hydrates the skin.
7. Goodbye Acne
“Do: Wash your face with warm water, three times a day, and gently massage your face in circular motions, ensuring that the cleanser contains alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid. Face packs that contain multani mitti (fuller’s earth) work really well too. After cleansing, pat dry and apply a lotion which contains benzoyl peroxide”, suggests Dr. Zaheer Ahmed, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. Benzoyl peroxide appears to be effective due to its antibacterial actions.
Don’t: Pop pimples because it can lead to more swelling, redness, and even scarring. Feel a pimple is on its way? Just clean the area with rose water, and place a chilled green tea bag for 10 minutes. Also, if you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose.
Never pop your pimples. Use rose water or chilled green tea bags.
8. Go Back to Your Roots
Do: Use Ayurvedic scrubs to nourish the skin, and help it breathe better. Luckily for you, everything you need is already in your kitchen. 2 tbsp chickpea flour, ½ tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of camphor and sandalwood with some rose water/milk/water is your perfect skincare pack. Yes, the secrets of beauty lies in ancient Ayurveda.
Don’t: Neglect the basics. Make Sudarshan Kriya your beauty mantra. Yes, it’s that easy. Just breathing right could rid you of spots and pimples. Nidhi Gureja, Art of Living, says “Sudarshan Kriya is a breathing technique which incorporates specific natural rhythms of the breath that harmonize the body, mind and emotions. This helps releasing accumulated stresses, and each individual’s experience is different.”
Sudarshan Kriya is a breathing technique which incorporates specific natural rhythms that helps in releasing accumulated stresses.
9. Spa Day Everyday?
Do: Have a regular skin care regimen. “For dry skin, use a fresh cherry mask. Apply the pulp of fresh cherries on your face before going to bed. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water”, adds American author Vasant Lad.
Don’t: Forget to pamper yourself. A gentle facial massage with oils could work wonders. Depending on your skin type, choose oils from mustard, coconut, almond or Kumkadi as they are excellent nourishing agents which help to get glowing skin. Better still – switch on some soothing instrumental music. After 20 minutes, what do you have? Beautiful skin and a relaxed you.
Pamper yourself occasionally with spa treatments.
10. Healthy Habits
Do: Take out time for yourself, and try to avoid stress as much as possible. Have you ever noticed that when you are stressed, you tend to break out more? This is because stress causes your body to produce cortisol and other hormones, making the skin more oily. Practice stress management techniques like breathing exercises, yoga and meditation. The more you meditate, the more you radiate.
Don’t: Neglect your jawline and facial muscles. For just 5 minutes a day, perform a few facial exercises. You can jut out your lower lip in such a way that wrinkles are created on the chin, then lower your chin to your chest. Another exercise that works wonders is to look up towards the ceiling and pout. It stretches out the muscles making the skin more firm. “18 till I die”, why not?
The more you meditate, the more you radiate.
CommentsYou’re dressed to perfection, yet you need something to complete the look. Your smile! While we spend so much time and energy on honing our bodies and looks, we forget to express our inner joy and happiness. “Keeping a smile on your face will help maintain the tone of your facial muscles and skin. People may say you look 10 years younger than you are!”, adds the Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad.
look beautiful with no makeup
Who does not want to look beautiful in the eyes of others? Can not find a girl on earth who doesn’t want to look her best. And girls have a lot to do to look beautiful. Most girls think that makeup can look beautiful on its own. So they have to sit in front of the mirror for hours every day for makeup. But really simple makeup can make you look beautiful. One thing we often forget is that without makeup, we can look beautiful. The created every human being in a beautiful way. Makeup does not need to look beautiful. It is possible to look beautiful and fresh without wasting time and money on makeup. When using makeup, the harmful effects of the chemicals used in cosmetics have a lot of damage to our skin. So there are rules to protect your skin and make yourself look beautiful without makeup. So let’s find out how we can make ourselves look beautiful without makeup.
1) Feel yourself beautiful without makeup: The most important thing is to show ourselves beautiful that without makeup, we feel beautiful. If you think of yourself as beautiful in your mind, then that is the act of self-confidence. And self-confidence is the outward manifestation of the human being. This self-confidence will make you look attractive to others without makeup.
2) Your skin is your true beauty: Our skin is the key to our external beauty. If the skin is fresh and vibrant, then you will look pretty without makeup. The first condition to look beautiful without makeup is clear skin. Every day we have to follow some rules to keep the skin clean.
tips to look beautiful without makeup
Let’s take a look at the rules
3) Use Vaseline instead of mascara: Mascara is used to making the eyes look beautiful. But without mascara, you can use Vaseline to make the eyes look beautiful. A pinch of Vaseline is very effective in replacing the eye mascara with natural brilliance. A pinch of Vaseline is also very effective in giving natural light to the eye.
4) Use almond oil instead of lip balm: Almost all lip balms available in the market are made with chemical ingredients. Which when used, makes your lips more rough and lifeless. So instead of lip balm, you can use almond oil on the lip. This oil will make your lips vibrant.
5) Significant hairstyles: Due to the hairstyles our face changes completely. We all have different face types. That’s why not everyone’s face follows the same hairstyle. It is nice to see someone ponytail, while others are beautiful with open hair. So first we need to know what our face type is and then we need to do our hairstyles accordingly. In this, our external beauty will manifest differently.
6) Keep an eye on current fashion: Dresses reveals our personalities and interests. So wear clothing with a view to the current fashion. But one thing to keep in mind is that the dress should not be overly loose or tight. The dress must be comfortable for you.
7) Think about choosing clothing colors: You should wear clothing of color that looks more beautiful. If you look better in black or blue, then wear black or blue. But do not always wear the same color. Occasionally you will have to wear other colors and clothes. Because wearing the same color at all times can make you look awkward.
8) Keep an eye on the shoes: An important part of our outfit is shoes. When we get to know someone for the first time, we first look at his shoes. Because it gives us a little idea about the person personality. So you should keep a few pairs of shoes. Wear the shoes according to the color of the dress and the style of the ceremony. The shoes you wear must be comfortable.
9) Specify focus: Without makeup, you can look beautiful. For that is why you need to specify focus. That is if you just need lipstick then only use it. If you need eye makeup, just do it. For decoration of the eyes, you can use only kajal lightly.
10) Do physical exercises daily: Try to do physical exercises every day. It will keep the body healthy and beautiful. And if the body is healthy, then you will automatically glow.
11) Keep the eyebrows naturally beautiful: The importance of eyebrows is very important for the beauty of our appearance. Frequently plucking the eyebrows will ruin the beauty of the eyebrows. So use natural oils like coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil or olive oil to keep the eyebrows nice.
look without makeup
12) Use it to know the products well: Use products according to skin type. Of course, before using the products you should know about those products well. Many times it can damage your skin if used without knowing the product well.
13) Make sure to use sunscreen lotion: The purple rays emanating from the sun damage our skin. It increases the rate of Aging Lines readily before our skin ages. So we need to use sunscreen lotion to protect the skin from sunlight. Whose skin is oily can use water base and whose skin is dry can use oil base sunscreen lotion. Use sunscreen lotion at least fifteen minutes before you go out every day. And those who have to work all day in the sun should use sunscreen lotion after three hours. It will no longer be afraid of skin aging soon as it will protect the skin from sunburn.
14) Sleep well: The key to staying beautiful without makeup is sleep. We should sleep for at least six to eight hours a day to keep the skin healthy. Sleep helps restore our skin. Adequate sleep keeps the eye refreshed and helps protect the skin around the eyes. As a result, our appearance is youthful.
15) Highlight your eyebrows and cheeks: Highlight the cheeks by applying a slight blush on the cheeks, even without makeup and with Kajal, you can highlight the eyebrows. The beauty of the face will be different.
16) Take a bath at least twice a day: Make a habit of bathing at least twice daily. It will keep our body fresh and skin beautiful.
17) Drink warm water and lemon juice every morning: Drink a glass of hot water and lemon juice every morning. It helps to remove various toxins from inside the skin. As a result, you will get beautiful and fresh skin.
18) De-Tan Pollution Facial: You can do this facial at least once a month. It will clear the dirt inside the skin and increase the brightness of the skin.
19) Take extra care of the skin at night: The night cream must be applied before going to bed at night. It will retain moisture in the skin. You can mix and use a few drops of vitamin A and vitamin E in almond oil instead of night cream. It will not allow the aging line to come easily to your face.
20) The nutrition you want from the inside: We need to take care of the skin from the outside as well as provide adequate nutrition from inside. The skin is refreshed by eating healthy foods, it makes our hair and nails are beautiful. Not only that, but it also helps maintain age. Colorful vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, sweets, pumpkin, broccoli, fruits, milk, fish keep the skin beautiful. Drink at least two liters of water daily. Eat lots of vitamin C such as lemon or orange fruits.
how to look beautiful and attractive
21) Take care of the eyes: Take care of your eyes because the appearance of eyes is very important in our face. The beauty of our face depends on the eyes. So before bedtime, you should use any facial cream on the upper eyelids. It maintains the flexibility of the eyelids. Cold water should be given to the eyes to keep it cool while the eyes are clear. You can cool the used tea bag and keep it on your eyes. The skin around the eyes will be tight.
22) Care for the hair: In addition to facial care, you need to take care of your hair. If the hair is not beautiful then our entire beauty is lost. So use oil and shampoo two to three days a week. Be sure to use conditioner after shampoo. Hair spa should be done occasionally with hair massage. You must use a hair mask once a week. Remember that if you have good hair, it will enhance your beauty by matching your beautiful face.
23) Beauty snack is must: Besides good sleep, it is important to eat our beauty snack. So in the afternoon, you can eat yogurt mixed with different fruits. Your skin will get the necessary calcium, vitamin C, E, etc. As a result, you will get brighter skin. Which will make you attractive to everyone.
24) Personality: Beautiful figure, smooth skin helps your personality to appear in a beautiful and attractive way. If your figure and skin are beautiful, then you must look beautiful. You will no longer have to do heavy makeup by wasting hours upon hours.
25) Laughing openly: If we smile openly, the fatigue of our face is eliminated. Smiling is the easiest way to make yourself attractive to others. So learn to smile and to be good at yourself and to have confidence in yourself.
Now we know for sure that without makeup looking beautiful it is not difficult for us. Makeup will only add to your skin temporary beauty but by following these twenty-five tips well you can always keep yourself beautiful and attractive.
1. Go for contrasting lids and tips. Pair a smoldering eye look with a crisp off-white nail polish. The combo looks elegant, plus you won’t have to worry about your manicure matching your clothes. Shadows we love: Bobbi Brown Eye Kohl Palette, $37, MAC Eyeshadow in Print, $13, and Chanel Basic Eye Color in Argents, $46.
2. Get tan and toned. Look like a golden goddess by mixing liquid bronzer with a firming body cream, then massage it into your arms. It’ll temporarily tighten your skin and give it a glow, says Scarlett Messina, a Pennsylvania-based makeup artist.
3. Perfect your complexion. Camouflage any pimples by applying a yellow-based cover-up to counteract the redness. Use a concealer brush to pat it on precisely, then blend the edges with your ring finger, says Tracy Brennan, owner of Kalologie, a beauty boutique in Los Angeles.
4. Pump up the volume. For oomphy, tousled strands, try this trick from Nathaniel Hawkins, a celeb hairstylist who has worked with the Olsen twins: When you’re finished blow-drying your hair, switch to the cool setting, flip your head over, and aim the nozzle around randomly for a few minutes. “This creates pockets of air between your locks so they look extra full,” he says.
5. Sweeten up your cheeks. Create a foxy flush with a deep berry powder blush. Use a fluffy brush to swirl it in small, circular motions over the apples of your cheeks and back toward your hairline, says NYC makeup artist Greg Vaughan. This will blend the color evenly. Try Cargo Blush in Mallorca, $22.
6. Make your gloss multitask. Keep a pearly white lip gloss in your desk drawer to slick not only on your lips but also on your brow bones and cheekbones as highlighter, says Pati Dubroff, an L.A.-based celebrity makeup artist. A universal hue she loves: Dior DiorKiss in Sorbet Meringue, $19.
7. Rework your hair flair. A glittery accessory adds instant glamour to any hairstyle. If you forget to bring one to work, use a brooch from your sweater.
8. Fake a gorgeous glow. Mix one part foundation with one part liquid illuminator, and then use your fingertips to massage it all over your face, says Brennan. Try American Beauty All Over Face Glow in Gold Glow, $15, and Mark Duotint in Double Rose, $6. Top it off with a dusting of a light-reflecting shimmer powder.
9. Sweeten your handshake. Since you’re going to be shaking hands and mingling, mist your fragrance on your palms so that your touch will release a small amount of scent throughout the night.
10. Work a sexy updo. Starting with dry locks, tease the hair around your crown, then flip your head upside down and mist the underneath layers with hair spray, says Patrick Melville, creative director of Warren-Tricomi salons. Flip back up, then gather all of your hair — except the front section — into a loose bun and secure with bobby pins. Now mist those face-framing pieces with hair spray and use a round brush to blow dry them so they’re sleek. Insert a sparkly hair accessory a few inches above one of your ears.
11. Prep your lids. Before you apply any eye makeup, blend a creamy concealer onto your lids and into the inner corners of your eyes. This will give your shadow a base to stick to and conceal any redness.
12. Score perfect party legs. If you don’t have enough time for a full in-the-shower shaving session, just smooth baby oil onto your legs before you take the razor to them, says Dana Minkin, owner of the Gloss Day Spa in New York City. “The oil protects your skin and will leave your legs extra satiny.”
13. Revive your manicure. Slick a shiny, clear top coat over whatever polish you have on your nails. It’ll give them a glossy finish and prevent nicks so your mani will look freshly done, says Sunshine Outing, a nail technician at Haven spa in New York City.
14. Go for a smoldering stare. A smoky eye effect is a classic night-out look. To do it: Line the rim of your upper and lower lashes with a black eyeliner, says Charlie Green, an NYC makeup artist who works with Heidi Klum. Now use a stiff brush to smudge the pencil into your lashes. Finish by sweeping a dark shadow onto your lids.
15. Nix a shiny nose. Left your powder compact at home? Tone down a glaring T zone with a piece of one of those toilet-seat covers in the ladies’ room. It’ll act as a blotting paper, says Mary Lisa, a makeup artist at the Julien Farel salon in NYC.
16. Flip up your eye fringe. Don’t have an eyelash curler on hand? You can use a sturdy plastic spoon instead, says Mary Lisa. Just press the curved end into your eye socket so the edge flips up your lashes, then swipe on your mascara.
17. Make a hair headband. Here’s an easy-to-do style that’ll make loose locks look superchic. First, blow-dry your strands so they’re straight, then create a side part, says Enzo Angileri, a Los Angeles stylist who works with Charlize Theron and Lucy Liu. Now pull the front two inches of your hair taut below the upper layers and secure them together with an elastic. Spritz with hair spray. He recommends Matrix Freeze Trix, $12.95.
18. Bedazzle your body. Enhance your cleavage by dusting a shimmery body powder over the tops of your breasts. And to prevent the sparkles from rubbing off on your outfit (and your date’s shirt), first apply a body lotion so the powder has something to cling to, says Green. She uses Victoria’s Secret All That Shimmers Body Powder and Brush, $27.
19. Cop the ultimate blowout. The secret to perfectly straight strands: After you’re finished blow-drying your hair, flip your head over. While you’re upside down, use a flatiron to smooth out any kinky pieces in the underneath sections of your hair, says Angileri.
20. Pare down your loot. If you don’t have enough room in your purse for all of your primpers, just carry a balm like Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, $15. You can use it as a lip gloss, a cuticle balm or a face highlighter.
21. Scent your strands. Put a small amount of an oil-based fragrance on your fingertips and then run them through your hair, says Sarah Horowitz-Thran, founder of The House of Creative Scentualization. Oil will linger in your locks longer than a traditional spray version, and it won’t dry out your do.
22. Enhance your natural hue. To pump up your hair color and add tons of shine to your tresses, use a temporary color-depositing conditioner before a big event, says Hawkins. To get the best benefit, let it sit on just-washed hair for about 15 minutes. The results will last through a few shampoos.
23. Tune up tired tresses. If you’re productless and your hair looks frizzy, wet your hands, then smooth your palms over your strands. The water will reactivate any products you applied in the a.m.
24. Soften your heels. Get your feet in shape for strappy sandals by first sloughing them in the shower with a pumice stone, says Stephanie Sakoff, creator of Lucky Chick bath products. Then slather on an ultrathick foot lotion and put on a pair of cotton socks to help the moisturizer soak in while you finish getting ready. Try Lucky Chick Spearmint Foot Fetish Foot and Leg Cream, $20.
25. Get 24-karat eyes. The perfect complement to dramatic red lips: glistening gold eyes. To get the look, use your finger to blend a cream eye shadow onto lids. If you’re pale, go for a light champagne tone; if your skin is medium or olive, opt for a bronze color, says Vaughan.
26. Glam up your liner. Instead of using a basic eyeliner, go for one that’s spiked with flecks of shimmer, says NYC makeup artist Paula Dorf. She created Paula Dorf Eye Color Glimmer in Mambo, $18, to make any eye color look extra sparkly.
27. Restyle your pony. For an easy, elegant tress effect, use a fine-tooth comb to tease your roots at the crown of your head. Then gather your hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic, says Spresa Bojkovic, owner of the Damian West salon in NYC. Pull out a one-inch piece of hair, wrap it around the elastic and secure the end underneath the ponytail with a bobby pin.
28. Look pretty in pictures. Avoid a shiny-looking complexion caused by a camera flash by applying a mattifying lotion to your T zone before you put on your makeup, says Vaughan. It’ll keep oil at bay all night. One we like: Estée Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Oil-Control Hydrator, $32.50.
29. Spray it on. To give your skin a sexy sheen in seconds, fill a spray bottle with a dry body oil and mist it all over right after you shower, says Minkin. We like Nuxe Multi-Usage Dry Oil, $25.
30. Pick the perfect product. You really need to keep only one styler at the office for postwork primping, says Richard Corio, a stylist at the Sally Hershberger salon in NYC. A quick guide depending on your hair type: Curly-haired girls should go for a texturizing cream. If you have straight strands, try a smoothing serum. And short locks will get the most help from a nonsticky gel.
31. Place your scent strategically. Before you go to work in the morning, mist your bra and undies with your favorite fragrance. The perfume will adhere to the fabric and last until you get undressed. This way, you don’t have to lug your fragrance around in your bag.
32. Turn on your radiance. No need to wash your face and start a new makeup job from scratch. Instead, pat a light face moisturizer over your day makeup, says Troy Surratt, NYC makeup artist. “It’ll instantly give you a fresh, dewy look.” Then go ahead and do your touching up.
33. Have some hair foresight. If you know about your p.m. plans in advance, try to wake up a bit earlier that morning to give your mane a supersleek blowout before work, says Corio. “This will ensure that it still looks good later on, whether you want to put it up or just wear it down.”
34. Rock red-hot lips. For a sexy lip effect, a scarlet pout is the way to go. After applying the lipstick, layer a matching lip liner over it. This will fix any uneven edges and give your lip color a long-lasting, velvety finish.
When you finally manage to get out of bed, heed this advice to hide the telltale signs of a late night out.
35. Fix stinky strands. If your locks smell like a bar, rub a fabric-softener sheet along the length of your hair, starting at your roots, says senior stylist Elvin Arvelo, co-owner of the Julien Farel salon in NYC.
36. Fake awake eyes. To create the illusion of well-rested peepers, use a flesh-toned pencil to line the lower inner rims of your eyes, says Dorf. “This area is usually bloodshot when you’re tired, and the pencil will offset the redness so your eyes look bright.”
37. Perk up your skin. Drinking alcohol can make your complexion look dull. Use a moisturizing face mask to pump up your glow, says Gabrielle Ophals, co-owner of Haven spa in NYC. Keep one in the fridge so it’ll also wake you up when you use it.
38. Fudge clean locks. If there’s no time to shampoo, dip a makeup brush into baby powder (or matte bronzer if your hair is dark) and sweep it over your roots, says Jet, owner of the Jet Rhys salon, in San Diego.
39. Ditch dark circles. To camouflage undereye circles, use a salmon-hued concealer. The pinkish shade counteracts bluish undertones.
40. Befriend your bedhead. Instead of trying to wrestle messy morning-after hair into submission, work with the rumpled texture, says Hawkins. Just scrunch some curl-enhancing mousse into your dry locks to tame frizz and bring out your natural waves. He prefers Tresemmé Curl-Enhancing Mousse, $4.
16 Tips on How to Be Beautiful
This post contains affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
People always tell us that the key to looking beautiful or being attractive is to have perfect makeup, hair, and outfits. But doesn’t that go without saying?
I mean, we already know that the right hairstyle, makeup, and outfit is going to make us look better, but are there other lesser-known ways to be beautiful? I feel that being attractive goes so far beyond just those three things. There are so many other factors to look at when thinking of how to be beautiful.
I’ve found that there are habits you can cultivate that will help you be seen as more attractive to other people—which is the whole point anyway, right?
These beauty tips will show you how to be beautiful and reveal why they make you beautiful when you follow them.
8 Brilliant Beauty Hacks Every Girl Should Know
One of the interesting things I’ve noticed with having good posture is that as soon as you straighten your back when sitting, most other people around you will automatically do it too.
I’m not sure why that is: maybe they want to emulate a good habit or they feel strange being slumped over while you’re sitting more elegantly?
But having good posture is one of the key things you can do when learning how to be beautiful, and a 2009 study from Ohio State University even found that it can give you more confidence in your own thoughts.
Moreover, another posture-related way to be more beautiful is to unfold your arms.
Vanessa Van Edwards, over at Science of People, posits that one way to increase attractiveness is to look open and available. Among the other ways she highlights, she lists uncrossing your arms (and your legs too when sitting down) as a way to look more open, and hence more attractive.
Good posture makes you look more graceful and feel more confident. It’s definitely worth training yourself to get into the habit of having good posture! You’ll stand out in the crowd, but only in a good way.
2. Genuinely Smile
Want to know how to be beautiful naturally without even using makeup? This is how.
A 2013 study of psychologists found that “the evaluation of attractiveness is strongly influenced by the intensity of a smile expressed on a face”. And it even went on to conclude that “a happy facial expression could even compensate for relative unattractiveness.”
From my own experience, I’ve also found that a smile can be really inviting and remove any intimidation. Meeting new people can often be draining and sometimes even scary, so a genuine smile can really put other people at ease!
My tip? Practice doing a genuine-looking smile in the mirror that looks happy, sincere and not awkward or creepy. You’ll be amazed at how much more people will perceive you as beautiful—even if sub-consciously.
3. Less Talking
There always seems to be those people in a group or at a party that talk…a lot. And it can go either one of two ways. One; they’re funny and outgoing, the life of the party. Or, two; they say a whole lot of nothing and it’s exhausting just to hear them go on and on.
One of the lesser-known tips to look beautiful is to say less but say a lot.
What I mean is, when you speak, have something to say. Give people food for thought and show yourself as wise. And you know what, that’s actually what the Bible says too!
“Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.” (Proverbs 17:28)
Whether you believe the Bible contains the words of God or not, there’s no denying that this ancient piece of wisdom is interesting and worth considering! Because appearing wise, knowledgeable and smart—or even just kind and funny with your words—makes you really really attractive.
Gil Greengross, anthropologist writing for Psychology Today says, “The effect of a great sense of humor on women’s attractions might be partially explained by the fact that funny people are considered to be more social and more intelligent, things that women seek in a mate.”
And I think this works vice versa too! Using your words well makes you look competent, and that just screams beauty.
4. Less Complaining
Now while we’re still on the subject of talking, let’s talk about complaining because this is one of the “do not’s” when learning how to be beautiful.
Feeling frustrated about something or someone and wanting to talk about it is fine (as long as you don’t spread gossip or say something with the intention of ruining someone’s reputation). It can be very healthy to talk it over with people in a way that can help lead to practical solutions.
But don’t be that person who always finds something to complain about. You’ll be seen as a negative and/or ungrateful person. And this just ends up translating into annoying people or looking bitter. And looking bitter isn’t attractive.
Instead, learn to let go (you can’t win every battle), find ways to lift others up, lift your situation up, or find the positive things in life to talk about even when you’re stressed.
It’ll not only make you feel better, but people will naturally want to be around you. They’ll gravitate towards you because they can count on you to be uplifting. And being uplifting is one of the best things you can do when learning how to be beautiful.
5. Be Quietly Confident
Cultivate a sense of self-worth like you would a garden. Prune and look after it carefully each and every day.
Have you ever had the opportunity to show a loved one something you were proud of? Maybe it was a beautiful craft, drawing, song, or accomplishment that you just knew they’d appreciate.
You didn’t have to convince them of its worth or worry about justifying it to them. You just knew it was valuable and that they’d appreciate it.
Well, without being too cliché, that’s YOU in a nutshell.
You don’t need to prove yourself or show off (showing off is really unattractive anyway).
You can just be quietly confident that you are worth something—because you are. And having this sense of self-worth and respect is actually SO attractive. Why? Because it subconsciously communicates to others that you are valuable.
A 2009 study from the International Journal of Cosmetic Science found that a group of women judged men in video clips as being more attractive from the confidence boost they gained by wearing aerosol spray, compared to a group of men with the same average attractiveness who did not wear any aerosol in the video clips.
So, be confident! And, even if you don’t feel confident, fake it until you make it! Harvard professor Amy Cuddy found in a study that even striking a confident pose can make you feel more successful.
In short, there are always things about yourself that are uniquely beautiful (even if you can’t see it yourself yet). Sometimes it can help to ask a loved one what they like about your appearance so you can start cultivating your sense of self-worth and recognize what is beautiful about you.
6. Stay in a Group of Friends
Did you know that a 2013 study carried out by the University of California found that people tend to look more attractive in groups?
James Hamblin, the editor of the health channel over at The Atlantic explains this effect—which has sometimes been called “the Cheerleader Effect”—as having to do with our brains taking a snapshot of all the differently shaped faces in a group and “averaging them out”, thus making each face look more beautiful and proportioned.
The study also revealed that just a small group of people creates this effect, meaning you don’t even need to be that popular!
So want to know how to be more beautiful? Hang out with people you love.
7. Pay Attention and Mimic
One of the more surprising ways to be beautiful, a study has shown (and it has been found in other studies too) that discreetly mimicking a person’s body language can make you appear more beautiful.
Not only that, but I reckon it also gives off the impression that you’re a good listener and are attentive to them.
So next time you’re in a conversation, try mimicking the body language of the person you’re talking to. Just don’t be too obvious about it, because that’d be kinda annoying!
8. Dress Modestly in a Way That Compliments Your Style
Alright, so we’ve talked about what you can do psychologically to be attractive. But what about your actual appearance?
There’s no doubt about it, learning how to flatter yourself with the best hairstyle, makeup, and outfit is an essential tip for those wondering how to be more beautiful. It’s a skill you have to learn and master (search all our beauty hacks here).
But there’s a whole lot more to it than just makeup, hair, and clothes—there are attitudes and philosophies that come with it too.
Since you’ll have cultivated a sense of self-worth and be quietly confident (see tip #5), you’ll gradually begin to feel inclined to dress in a subtle way that is a positive overflow of your own sense of self-worth and which naturally communicates it to others.
And the good news is that subtlety is confident, classy, beautiful and timeless…which is why you can never go wrong with it!
Research has even found a correlation between focusing on your own body a lot and negative body image (e.g. Fredrickson and Roberts, 1997), and, when modesty is seen as a way to respect the body, a study found that “modesty emerged as a guard to protect women from some negative thinking.”
So why does subtlety work so well? In summary, it works because, first of all, it is timeless and looks great, and secondly, because it can actually help you stop focusing on your body excessively, and thirdly, because if you use it as an expression of self-respect, it can actually help protect you from negative thoughts about your body.
What does that look like for me? Well, you likely know yourself better than most, and so whatever you’ve come to appreciate about your appearance in particular, subtlely highlight that in how you dress. E.g. if you like your hair, wear it in a way that makes it more of a feature in your look but don’t go overboard with it.
And if you’re the sort of person reading this who feels they have nothing special that they like about themselves, then you seriously need to read tip #5 again!
You are enough. So use what you have—and remember, subtlety is king. (Or should I say, “Queen”!)
9. Emphasize Your Facial Symmetry
All of us have uneven faces—sorry, it’s just true!
And by that I mean the left side of our faces looks a bit different from the right: maybe our noses are slightly crooked, or our lips don’t curl out totally symmetrically, or one of our eyes is slightly bigger than the other or is slightly higher up our face than the other, etc.
A 2002 study from Stanford University found that facial symmetry is “inherently attractive to the human eye”.
Luckily for us, there are makeup tips and also massages that can help with that! Here’s are some massage tips taken from a featured video just below:
- Massage your mouth’s chewing muscles by rubbing your fingers or knuckles on them in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes per day.
- Massage the dip located underneath your ear and the edge of the jaw for 1-2 minutes per day.
- Open your mouth as wide as possible and place the palm of your hands on each cheek without pressing, repeat a few times per day.
- Place a pencil or chopstick in your mouth and hold it in place using your back teeth. If your face is asymmetrical, the pencil or chopstick will be slightly off horizontal. Adjust your jaw until it is more horizontal and then rotate your head left to right about 30 times per day.
PS. Next time you see Tom Cruise, notice how his front middle tooth is in the center of his face. You’ll never un-see this!
10. Work on Your Hair
Not everyone’s hair is the same. Simply reading the instructions on the shampoo bottle that say “lather, rinse, repeat” won’t cut it for everyone! Here are some beauty tips for those wondering how to get beautiful hair.
- If you dry your hair with a towel, don’t rub but gently squeeze (rubbing causes split ends and removes shine).
- Use a variety of brushes—e.g. Paddle brushes for detangling longer hair types, Boar-bristle brushes to make hair smoother, and Wet brushes to gently brush hair when it’s weakest when wet.
- Shampoo less, e.g. every other day. If you must use shampoo more, use dry shampoo on off-days and blow dry it out to remove excess dirt.
- If you have curly hair leave a little conditioner in after showering to help with brushing.
- Use argan oil for lusher, healthier hair (it’s also good for your skin and scalp!)
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 (e.g. salmon, sardines and egg yolks) to get shinier hair and potentially reduce hair loss (1).
- Use your blowdryer’s cold air setting to blast cold air a few times after you’ve finished drying your hair with hot air. This can increase shine.
- Consider adding shades and highlights/lowlights to your hair since it increases the appearance of shine — for home use, try Clairol Perfect 10 for Dark Brown, Ash Brown, Reddish Brown, Light Blonde, or Dark Blonde depending on your hair color.
Taking care of your skin is so important when learning how to be beautiful. It can prevent early aging, can help keep it clear, and can boost your own sense of beauty—since oils, breakouts, and unnecessary wrinkles will often lower your self-esteem.
If you want to know how to get beautiful skin, simply do things such as washing and exfoliating to generate cell turnover (reducing the appearance of wrinkles), moisturizing, taking off excess oils with a tissue blotter, and placing a mask or essential oil on your skin to help your beauty shine through.
Also, eating the right foods and drinking lots of water will give you beautiful skin as well. Here is a table that breaks down the best foods for healthy skin:
|Fatty fish e.g. mackerel, salmon, sardines||Contains omega-3 fatty acid that helps keep skin healthy (2)|
|Sweet potatoes||Contains lots of beta-Carotene that protect your skin from the sun and may also give your skin a healthy warm-orange colored tint (3)|
|Avocadoes||Contains healthy fats that are linked with suppler skin (4)|
|Chocolate (70% cocoa or higher)||Contains antioxidants that protect your skin from the sun (5) and can make it smoother (6)|
|Tomatoes||Contains all the carotenoids that help protect your skin (7) and may also reduce wrinkling (8)|
|Carrots||Contains vitamin A that helps treat and repair your skin tissue (9) and contains carotenoids that may reduce wrinkling (8)|
|Brazil nuts||Contains selenium which may slow down skin aging (10)|
12. Wear Lip Balm Overnight
To make your lips look more hydrated and healthy, apply a little bit of moisturizing lip balm to them when you go to bed. Do this each night and you’ll soon have beautiful and lush lips!
13. Apply Lotion to Your Feet and Wear Socks to Bed
Another tip for bedtime, apply foot lotion to your feet and cover them with comfy socks before you get in bed. After a while, your cracks will start to heal and your feet will become smoother.
14. Healthy Weight Loss for Your Body Type
It’s so important to learn how to love yourself and how you look before you start losing weight.
Because if you choose to lose weight and you end up having a fit body, you can still see yourself as unattractive if you don’t change your mindset. And this can sometimes even lead to body dysmorphic disorder.
But presuming you have a healthy body image, when you do choose to lose weight, there are two things you need to focus on: lifestyle change and losing weight for your specific body type.
When you change your lifestyle to a healthy one, you’re not going on a diet. Diets are just a temporary lifestyle, they’re not meant to be done for the rest of your life.
But if you eat real foods and learn how to create healthy habits, you’ll change your lifestyle to a healthier one. And that’s all apart of learning how to be beautiful.
And be realistic! Not everyone’s body type is the same, so be kind to yourself and work with what you have. That’s why I highly recommend learning about your own body type first so that you can tailor your weight loss plans so that you can work with nature, and not against it. That’s always a 100% fail-safe way to look really beautiful!
Now stress is a huge factor in your attractiveness. Worry lines will start to appear and stress generally takes a toll on your physical health which ends up being shown in your outer appearance over time.
In support of this, a study has shown that men perceive women with higher levels of stress hormone as less attractive. And equally, women tend to prefer “chill” guys too.
So knowing how you can take care of your stress levels and learning how to beat them, will not only help you stop premature aging and other negative effects of stress, but it’ll also help you to be beautiful.
Plus no one appreciates a stress head, right? 😉
16. Being the Healthiest Version of Yourself
Finally, and following on from that last point about stress, learning how to be the healthiest version of yourself will just level up your looks that extra bit more.
And I mean “healthiest” for ALL areas of your life—physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
So let’s break down my personal top 3 tips for each area on how to the healthiest you so that you can level up your attractiveness even more!
- Get enough sleep — Lack of sleep can lead to weight gain and dark circles under eyes. It can also lead to bad moods which may make you complain more (see tip #4). It’s important learning HOW to sleep. E.g. sleeping too much on your side or stomach can cause wrinkles.
- Eat well, drink lots — With an increase in anorexia these days (11), it’s super important to realize that beauty isn’t about becoming stick thin. Don’t fall into the trap of feeling guilty for eating. Enjoy your food, eat healthily and drink lots of water, listen to your body, care for and appreciate your body’s unique shape and build, don’t listen to the lies that say you need to be more like “X” or “Y” to be beautiful…but try to avoid eating too much at night since this is where most weight gain actually starts due to over-eating outside daylight hours (12).
- Exercise — Try to do around 150-300 minutes of moderate physical activity per week (13).
- Learn to be self-aware — Practice understanding why you’re feeling what you’re feeling and when you are prone to feel that way. Ask yourself these questions: “What am I feeling right now and why?” and “What specifically needs to happen and at what time to make me feel this way? Are there any patterns?”
- Learn to communicate — Don’t simply expect people to understand your emotional needs since part of maturing is realizing not everyone thinks and functions as you do. So learn to communicate your emotional needs with loved ones in a straightforward way that doesn’t come across as condescending or blaming. Be patient with them as they learn to understand you more.
- Be humble — No one owes you anything. You’re not the center of the universe. If someone is unjustly mean to you, realize its probably not even about you but is more about their own problems. You can’t change what happens to you, but you can change how you respond to it.
- Be realistic about yourself — You’re not perfect, so give yourself a break more when you see the signs of your imperfection. Be kind to yourself when you need it.
- Own up to your failures —Don’t go through life carrying guilts or self-loathing. Own up, be honest. Seek forgiveness. Then move on.
- Be honest — Be brave enough to be honest to yourself and to others. It may cause a bit more conflict in the short-term, but long-term it’ll lead to more harmonious and stress-free living.
Note: some people might find these a little bit “heavy”, but I personally find they challenge me and keep me uncomfortable enough to grow and move forward!
- Do a silent retreat — Escape the hustle and bustle of life and try doing a silent retreat where you’re not allowed to use your phone, talk, or check emails. Confront yourself in a way you’ve never been forced to before.
- Meditate on the shortness of life — You’ve only existed a very short amount of time and before you came to be, the world was carrying on without you. In a blink of an eye, you’ll pass on and the world will carry on without you again. Moreover, you’ll only be remembered by just a handful of people, who will, in turn, pass away too, and so within 100 years or so you’ll likely never be remembered again on Earth. Be grateful for life and appreciate your smallness.
- Question, then question some more, and grow — With that last point in mind, question whether is there more to your life than just the immediate here and now. Be brave enough to hunt for meaning, truth, and the answers to life’s big questions. Since we’re so small and life is so short, accept the truth openly and wholeheartedly if you should find it. Aim to become humbler each year.
All these tips will make you a more balanced and well-rounded person who is more healthy and assured of themselves—which is a beautiful thing in of itself!
While knowing how to dress and how to do your makeup is all a valuable part of learning how to be beautiful, there’s so much more that goes into it.
And whether that’s boosting your confidence with posture or learning how to have the healthiest lifestyle, you can take small steps now by following these tips and learning how to become beautiful and attractive.
Now if you have any tips on how to be beautiful on the inside or outside, let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear them!
Eres Hermosa! x
(“You’re beautiful” in Spanish)
Pin for Later! (Or Share with a Friend Who Would Like This)