- What is dizziness?
- What other symptoms might occur with dizziness?
- What causes dizziness?
- What are the potential complications of dizziness?
- Sweat Is Good Indicator Heart Attack May Be Coming
- Autonomic Dysfunction Causing Orthostatic Hypotension, Leading to Dizziness
- What Causes Dizzy Spells?
- When to Seek Medical Attention for Dizzy Spells
- Request an Appointment
- When dizzy spells are an early warning sign to stroke
What is dizziness?
Dizziness is the sensation of lightheadedness, or the feeling that you might pass out. Dizziness may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting, perspiration or a cold sweat, imbalance, and fainting. Blood supplies oxygen to the brain. Dizziness occurs when blood is not getting to the brain quickly enough, or if there is a deficit in the amount of oxygen in the blood.
Lightheadedness can be caused by orthostatic hypotension (a drop in blood pressure after you stand); hunger; common illnesses and infections, such as colds; hypoglycemia (low blood sugar); dehydration; heart problems; or feelings of anxiety and panic. More-serious causes of lightheadedness include severe bleeding, heart attack, and abnormal heart rhythms. People with dizziness are at high risk for traumatic fall injuries.
Looking for a Doctor?
Find a 5-Star Family Doctor Near You
The sensation of things spinning around you, making you feel unsteady or off-balance is known as vertigo, and many people may describe this symptom as dizziness. Vertigo is most commonly caused by a condition known as benign positional vertigo, labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear), Meniere’s disease (inner ear disease that affects balance and hearing), migraines, and decreased blood flow to the cerebellum (the lower portion of the brain that is involved in control of balance).
Feeling lightheaded and dizzy can be signs of a potentially life-threatening condition, such as a heart attack, stroke, or shock (severe drop in blood pressure). Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you experience dizziness accompanied by feelings of pain in your chest, speech problems, confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment, difficulty breathing, severe abdominal pain, severe headache, uncontrolled bleeding, sudden weakness or numbness on one side of the body, or changes in vision.
What other symptoms might occur with dizziness?
Dizziness may accompany other symptoms, which vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder, or condition.
Associated symptoms that may occur along with dizziness
Dizziness may accompany other symptoms including:
- Fainting or change in level of consciousness or lethargy
- Shaking or trembling
Other symptoms that may occur along with dizziness
Dizziness may accompany symptoms related to other body systems including:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Cool or clammy skin
- Difficulty hearing
- Nasal congestion
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Numbness or weakness of the extremities
- Profuse sweating
- Vision problems
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
In some cases, dizziness may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have any of these life-threatening symptoms including:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Convulsions or seizures
- Difficulty breathing, talking or swallowing
- High fever (higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe headache
- Sudden weakness or numbness on one side of the body
What causes dizziness?
Some common causes of dizziness include hunger, fatigue, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), or anxiety. Dizziness can also be caused by neurologic conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and epilepsy. Vertigo (the perception of moving or your surroundings moving around you) is associated with disturbances in the vestibular system, which governs balance. Because your ears are associated with this system, ear infections and diseases, such as Meniere’s disease, can affect your sense of balance and gait. Benign positional vertigo affects the inner ear and occurs when you change the position of your head. Labyrinthitis usually follows a cold or flu and is often caused by a viral infection of the inner ear.
Serious causes of dizziness can include heart attack, stroke, or shock, all of which are severe, potentially life-threatening conditions that warrant immediate medical care.
Causes of lightheadedness
Dizziness in the sense of lightheadedness may be caused by the following:
Alcohol or drug use or intoxication
Anxiety or panic
Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats)
Decreased levels of breathable oxygen (altitude, carbon monoxide exposure, etc.)
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
Infections or illnesses such as the cold or flu
Medication side effects
Causes of vertigo
Vertigo may be caused by the following:
Alcohol or drug use or intoxication
Labyrinthitis (inner ear infection)
Medication side effects
Meniere’s disease (inner ear condition affecting balance and hearing)
Positional vertigo (dizziness that occurs when shifting the position of the head)
Neurologic causes of dizziness
Dizziness can also be caused by neurologic conditions including:
Brain or inner ear tumor
Infection of the ear or brain
Serious or life-threatening causes of dizziness
In some cases, dizziness may be a symptom of a serious or life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. These include:
Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Transient ischemic attack (temporary stroke-like symptoms that may be a warning sign of an impending stroke)
Questions for diagnosing the cause of dizziness
To diagnose your condition, your doctor or licensed health care practitioner will ask you several questions related to your dizziness including:
How long have you been experiencing dizziness?
Is your dizziness caused by changing positions?
Do you have other symptoms in addition to dizziness?
Did the dizziness occur with or following an illness?
Does the dizziness stop in certain situations? Does anything remedy the dizziness?
Have you recently started, changed, substituted, or discontinued any prescription medications?
Have you ever fainted or passed out as a result of your dizziness?
Are you stressed or anxious?
What are the potential complications of dizziness?
Because dizziness can be due to serious diseases, failure to seek treatment can result in serious complications and permanent damage. Once the underlying cause is diagnosed, it is important for you to follow the treatment plan that you and your health care professional design specifically for you to reduce the risk of potential complications including:
Loss of hearing
Loss of vision
Spread of cancer
Spread of infection
Sweat Is Good Indicator Heart Attack May Be Coming
“We can stop a heart attack during the process, but you have to get to the hospital first,” said Catherine Ryan, research assistant professor of medical surgical nursing. “The real push for improved survival is to get them there early.”
Ryan presented her findings at the American Heart Association’s annual meeting this week in Dallas.
Time is of the essence during a heart attack, and doctors have urged people who experience common symptoms — shortness of breath, cold sweats, nausea, lightheadedness, or discomfort in the chest, arm, neck or jaw — to get to a hospital as quickly as possible. But delay in seeking treatment is common, and worsens the outcome after a heart attack, Ryan said.
Ryan sought to determine whether delay was related to the symptom cluster individuals experienced during a heart attack. Earlier studies about the delay, she said, focused on only one symptom, not clusters, or on demographic characteristics of the patients.
She asked the authors of 10 such studies to send her their data, and eight groups of authors in the United States and Great Britain complied. The data had been collected in interviews with 1,073 patients who had had heart attacks.
Ryan studied 12 common symptoms: chest discomfort; shoulder, arm, or hand discomfort; neck or jaw discomfort; back discomfort; abdominal discomfort; indigestion; nausea and vomiting; shortness of breath; sweating; dizziness and light-headedness; weakness; and fatigue.
Her analysis showed that individuals with the shortest delays (a mean of 9.78 hours) had a greater probability of experiencing the largest number of symptoms. Individuals with the longest delays (a mean of 22.77 hours) had moderate probability of experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath.
Sweating may be a key variable in the symptom cluster prompting individuals to seek treatment, Ryan said. But the research could not determine whether sweating is an indication of a more serious heart attack.
The study was funded by the National Institutes of Health through UIC’s Center for Reducing Risks in Vulnerable Populations.
Autonomic Dysfunction Causing Orthostatic Hypotension, Leading to Dizziness
Just what is normal? And what are normal body functions? Do we all react to external factors the same, even sweat the same? When we stray from normality, whether it is the way we interact with others or raise our children, it is known as dysfunction, i.e, abnormal or impaired functioning. The human body and the systems that allow it to function may also become abnormal or impaired.
The body’s autonomous nervous system (ANS), which is essentially automatic when functioning properly, controls or regulates a multitude of functions like digestion, heart rate, breathing, body temperature, blood pressure, the dilation of your pupils and bodily functions that operate without your conscious control.
The autonomous nervous system, which is comprised of both the sympathetic (SANS) and parasympathetic autonomic nervous systems (PANS), controls dozens of bodily functions in response to external environmental factors. Aside from those already mentioned, it regulates weight gain or loss via metabolism, as well as blood flow and production of all bodily fluids, including saliva, sweat and even sexual response.
When there is damage to the nerves of the ANS, autonomic dysfunction ensues and certain bodily functions may be slowed, stimulated, sped up, stalled or shut down altogether.
Obviously, all kinds of bad things can occur with autonomic dysfunction, ranging from mild to life threatening, but we’re going to concentrate on one treatable condition in particular…
When you are feeling dizzy or lightheaded, it could be due to orthostatic intolerance, a symptom of orthostatic hypotension and the result of an improperly regulated ANS. It is derived from orthostatis, which means maintaining an upright standing posture, and low blood pressure or hypotension. Changing body positions that results in the aforementioned dizziness or feeling faint, possibly fainting altogether, feeling nauseated or perspiring excessively, are warning signs of orthostatic hypotension that should be taken seriously.
Causes and symptoms of orthostatic hypotension:
You may be standing from a seated position when you experience the key symptom, a sudden drop in blood pressure. This results in some of the aforementioned symptoms— possibly others like heart palpitations, blurred vision and a feeling of instability or weakness. Even more unsettling might be subsequent chest pain, incontinence or impotence. These symptoms likely occur while performing normal daily movements and activities.
One condition that has been shown to trigger orthostatic hypotension is dehydration. Prolonged exposure to the sun, a common cause of dehydration, could be the culprit, as could immoderate exercise leading to weakness or dizziness. Other factors that might decrease blood volume and lead to dehydration are diarrhea, vomiting or bleeding.
Older People More Vulnerable…
Advanced age seems to increase vulnerability to orthostatic hypotension, with the older among us more susceptible to symptoms associated with this condition. These symptoms of dizziness and lightheadedness in this age group seems to occur frequently after meals.
Heart and Other Health Issues…
Other medical causes shown to lead to orthostatic hypotension-induced dizziness due to autonomic dysfunction include heart ailments, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and disorders of the endocrine and nervous systems. These are among the medical conditions that may have instigated damage to the autonomous nervous system.
Note: The Valsalva maneuver, used by some physicians to regulate heart rate or diagnose ANS issues, namely dizziness, can actually cause dizziness, a symptom of orthostatic hypotension. It is a moderately forceful exhalation against a closed airway that may be used purposely during a bowel movement or unintentionally.
What Causes Dizzy Spells?
We’ve all occasionally experienced a dizzy spell or felt a little “off” when first standing up. Dizzy spells are common and can be caused by dehydration or low blood sugar. However, there are instances in which dizziness occurs as a result of certain diseases. It’s important to be aware of the root causes of dizziness and to know when to see a doctor for it.
According to the National Institutes of Health, a balance disorder is a condition that makes you feel unsteady or dizzy, as if you are moving, spinning or floating, even though you are standing still or lying down. The cause of balance disorders can be related to health conditions, medications, or a problem in the inner ear or the brain. Examples include a viral or bacterial infection in the ear, an injury to the head, or a blood circulation disorder that affects the inner ear.
If you feel like the room is spinning, this may be a sign that your balance is impaired. Some other symptoms can include:
- Staggering when walking, or falling or feeling as if you are going to fall when you stand up.
- Lightheadedness, faintness, or a floating sensation
- Blurred vision
- Confusion or disorientation
In addition, other symptoms of a dizziness or balance disorder can be nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, changes in heart rate and blood pressure, fear, anxiety or panic.
As we age, we notice that our strength isn’t what it used to be, or that we are unable to participate in activities or tasks that we once could. Often, issues with balance and dizziness coincide with aging, and occasionally can result from taking certain medications.
The National Institutes of Health states that there are more than a dozen different balance disorders, but the most common are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV): Also known as positional vertigo, BPPV causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: When the inner ear is inflamed, causing loss of balance or dizziness.
- Ménière’s Disease: A disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: Single or multiple attacks of vertigo or a persistent condition that diminishes over three to six weeks.
- Perilymph Fistula: An abnormal opening between the air-filled middle ear and the fluid-filled inner ear.
- Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (MdDS): An imbalance or rocking/swaying sensation often both felt and seen by the sufferer occurring after motion exposure.
When to Seek Medical Attention for Dizzy Spells
If you experience any unexplained, recurrent, or severe dizziness, seek medical attention. You should call 911 or go to the emergency room if you experience vertigo or dizziness along with the following symptoms:
- Significant head injury
- A new, different or a severe headache
- A fever higher than 101°F (38.3° C)
- A very stiff neck
- Blurred vision
- Sudden hearing loss
- Speech impairment
- Leg or arm weakness
- Loss of consciousness
- Falling or difficulty walking
- Chest pain, or rapid or slow heart rate
Request an Appointment
To learn more or request an appointment with the Crozer-Keystone Center for Dizziness and Balance call 1-877-95-DIZZY (1-877-953-4999) or request an appointment online.
When dizzy spells are an early warning sign to stroke
- BAFTAs 2020: Scarlett Johansson leads the glamour alongside elegant Saoirse Ronan, chic Renee Zellweger and bold Florence Pugh
- Dazzling Duchess! Kate Middleton wows on BAFTA red carpet alongside Prince William as she recycles a white and gold gown by Alexander McQueen
- BAFTAs 2020: Al Pacino takes a tumble on red carpet before being helped up by girlfriend Meital Dohan, 40, as he arrives at the event
- PICTURED: Roxanne Pallett marries firefighter Josh Carrion in New York in front of 10 family and friends just TWO months after their engagement
- Caprice Bourret ‘deeply disgusted’ by ex DOI partner Hamish Gaman as she sensationally QUITS show… while ITV are forced to refute bullying claims
- Time for a spring refresh? 5 homeware hacks you NEED to know Ad Feature
- Dancing On Ice: Lisa George breaks down in TEARS after she takes a tumble… as Holly Willoughby confirms Caprice Bourret will take ‘no further part’
- Red carpet catastrophe! Charlie’s Angel actor Ella Balinska leads the worst dressed stars at the BAFTAs in a frilly floral ensemble
- BAFTAs 2020: Naomie Harris and Jessica Chastain lead the stars getting ready for the red carpet with glam behind the scenes snaps Pamper time
- BAFTAs 2020: Lily Rose Depp reveals all as she goes braless under sheer lace jumpsuit for a VERY racy red carpet appearance
- BAFTAs 2020: Margot Robbie masters understated chic in a black lace ruffled gown as she walks the star-studded red carpet
- BAFTAs 2020: Saoirse Ronan looks effortlessly chic in a black satin gown and colourful beaded earrings as she walks the red carpet
- BAFTAs 2020: Leading actor nominee Joaquin Phoenix hits the red carpet in recycled Stella McCartney tux… after making eco-friendly vow to re-wear his suit
- BAFTAs 2020: Megan Barton Hanson cuts a glamorous figure in a form-fitting burgundy dress as she makes surprise red carpet appearance
- How to be the best version of YOU: Top 10 solutions to health and wellbeing problems that will leave you feeling AND looking good Ad Feature
- BAFTAs 2020: Vanessa Kirby wows in edgy feathered skirt and glitter top for glam strut down the red carpet
- BAFTAs 2020: Hugh Grant, 59, is dapper in a black tuxedo as he looks adoringly at his glamorous wife Anna Eberstein, 36, on the red carpet
- Victoria Beckham spends the night in her childhood bedroom and gives fans a tour of her former home (complete with a VERY creepy doll collection)
- Lucy Mecklenburgh displays her blossoming bump as she is joined by her nearest and dearest for swanky baby shower
- Can glycolic acid give you brighter, smoother skin in just seven days? Meet the supercharged treatment that delivers professional results at home Ad Feature
- Love Island SPOILER ‘He’s been lying to my face!’ Siannise is left RAGING as Rebecca reveals she enjoyed bedtime cuddles with Luke T
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her plump pout with sister Kourtney as she leaves ‘birthday party of the year’ for Kylie Jenner’s daughter Stormi
- BAFTAs 2020: Pixie Lott makes a bold statement in a white ruffled dress as she cosies up to fiancé Oliver Cheshire
- BAFTAs 2020: Kaitlyn Dever oozes elegance in blush tiered gown as she takes to the red carpet following her Rising Star nomination
- ‘I’ve got nothing to lose’: Watch Blake Lively transform from girl next door into deadly assassin in her toughest role to date Ad Feature
- BAFTAs 2020: Taron Egerton looks dapper in a purple velvet tuxedo as he joins his stunning girlfriend Emily Thomas on the red carpet Seeing double
- Ariana Grande locks arms with Mikey Foster as they enjoy a date night at Disneyland
- Lady Gaga takes on J Lo as she busts out SEVEN different looks for Super Bowl party performance… before joking ‘I better hear no lip syncing!’
- ‘We miss you so much’: Coleen Rooney pays an emotional tribute to her late sister Rosie on what would have been her 22nd birthday
- Dancing On Ice: Holly Willoughby channels her inner princess in a beautiful blue gown as she prepares to host Fairytale Week
- Nadine Coyle puts on a VERY raunchy display in a busty latex mini dress and knee-high leather boots as she struts her stuff during sizzling performance
- Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez ‘is dating RHOC star Dawn Ward’s daughter Taylor after splitting from his ex-model wife Rita’ New couple?
- Love Island SPOILER: Jess opts to KISS Mike during challenge… prompting furious partner Luke M to brand her ‘disrespectful’
- Love Island SPOILER: TWO Islanders have been dumped from the villa… as they make way for 12 new bombshells in Casa Amor Four couples were at risk
- Vanessa Bryant shares fan art of tragic Gigi saying ‘seeing my babygirl smile and happy again warmed my heart’
- Jack Fincham looks tense as he has a very animated chat on the phone before taking his newborn baby girl Blossom out in her pram for the first time
- Chloe Ferry pours her curves into a perilously low-cut unitard and mesh stockings as she hits the town with PVC-clad Sophie Kasaei Looking good
- Dancing On Ice star Libby Clegg forced to PULL OUT of latest show after being struck down with vomiting bug Caprice has also quit the show
- Miley Cyrus looks carefree as she steps out after finalizing her divorce from Liam Hemsworth Was taking care of business
- A ray of sunshine! The Queen brightens up an otherwise rainy day in a baby blue ensemble as she attends church service in Norfolk Radiant
- Paloma Faith looks every inch the villain for her role as Bet Sykes in Batman spin-off Pennyworth while filming scene in prison warden costume
- Nick Lachey insists Jessica Simpson ‘did not reach out to me’ before publishing memoir about doomed marriage
- Selena Gomez is casual chic during lunch date with friends in LA… after shocking revelation about ex Justin Bieber’s ’emotional abuse’
- Halsey stops performance to call out heckler screaming ex G-Eazy’s name at Budweiser Super Bowl party
- John Cleese, 80, enjoys dinner with his wife Jennifer Wade, 47, and pals in Chelsea… after the death of his Monty Python co-star Terry Jones
- Carol Vorderman puts on an animated display as she wraps up in padded coat and blue jeans for presenting her BBC radio show in Cardiff city centre
- David Beckham looks dapper in a beige jacket in Miami while son Brooklyn, 20, enjoys a lavish shopping trip in LA’s Rodeo Drive
- Cardi B puts on a VERY raunchy show in a glittering bodysuit with racy suspenders at pre-Super Bowl gig Cardi B made no exception on Saturday night as she put on an enthusiastic show at Vewtopia Music Festival at Marlin’s Park in Miami, Florida, ahead of the Superbowl.
- Princess Eugenie looks chic in a floral dress as she arrives at London Heathrow Airport Glamorous
- EastEnders’ Jessie Wallace ‘shocked male crew members with a saucy outburst… before being suspended for boozing on set’ Shock claims
- TALK OF THE TOWN: Georgia ‘Toff’ Toffolo ‘is secretly engaged to millionaire aristocrat George Cottrel’ who was Nigel Farage’s right hand man
- Rebekah Vardy tenderly cradles baby daughter Olivia as she takes newborn tot to see husband Jamie play football for the first time
- Lady Gaga puts on cheeky display in black thong as she snuggles up to her mystery man ‘Michael’ in Miami ahead of pre-Super Bowl performance… after sharing a NYE kiss
- X Factor host Dermot O’Leary reveals he is expecting his first child with wife Dee Koppang… as she debuts her baby bump at BAFTA party
- Sienna Miller, 38, looks radiant in cream striped dress as she is joined by ‘fiancé’ Lucas Zwirner, 29, at Writers Guild Awards Cute couple
- Pamela Anderson SPLITS from her movie producer husband Jon Peters after only 12 DAYS of marriage as the couple ‘take some time apart to re-evaluate’
- Meet the new Casa Amor Love Islanders! A pageant queen, a butler in the buff and three models… the ‘sexiest singletons yet’ set to arrive (and almost ALL have eyes on Luke M)
- ‘We’re treated like SKIVVIES’: Harry and Meghan’s Scotland Yard protection officers ‘claim they’re sent on errands like picking up royals’ groceries
- Jay-Z turned down Super Bowl half-time show ‘on principle’… after NFL insisted he guarantee Kanye West and Rihanna make guest appearances
- Coronation Street boss hints at ‘plans to bring back Julie Goodyear’s legendary character Bet Lynch’ after a 17 year absence Legendary
- Joan Collins, 86, cuts a glamorous figure in a leather co-ord as she cosies up to husband Percy Gibson, 55, on dinner date in LA Married for 18 years
- Sylvester Stallone, 73, showcases his new silver locks as he takes daughters Sophia, 23, and Sistine, 21, to dinner Family fun
- Bill Murray finds himself back in a Groundhog Day loop during Jeep’s Super Bowl commercial This time around things were a lot more bearable
- Kimberley Garner shows off her cleavage in a sexy gold mini dress at Sports Illustrated Super Bowl party Glamorous
- Charlotte Crosby and Ryan Gallagher pack on the PDA as they return to I’m A Celebrity for finale and reveal their romance is going full steam ahead
- Kylie Jenner wheels out THAT giant inflatable toddler head as she brings back STORMI WORLD for daughter’s lavish second birthday bash
- Kaz Crossley and Anthony Joshua don their glad rags to attend rapper Krept’s 30th birthday in London (who turns the party into a gender reveal)
- The Queen blamed HERSELF for her 1992 ‘annus horribilis’: Monarch asked ‘where did I go wrong’ in year of Prince Charles and Andrew’s marriage breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Alison King ‘caught kissing MARRIED co-star Mikey North at the NTAs’… before being ‘escorted’ out amid claims she was ‘drunk’
- Lily Allen looks chic in a green and blue lace gown as she and beau David Harbour lead the stars at Chanel’s pre-BAFTAs 2020 party
- Katherine Jenkins enjoys a lunch date with husband Andrew… after schoolgirl, 15, admitted to mugging the singer when she intervened in ‘violent’ street robbery
- Katie Price RETURNS to rehab as she is spotted outside The Priory… just days after returning from visiting terminally ill mum Amy in Spain
- Heidi Klum wraps up in a huge padded coat and a tracksuit as she gets to work filming Germany’s Next Topmodel Cosy
- Zoe Kravitz wraps up warm on a low key date night with her husband Karl Glusman in London The star cut a low-key figure on Saturday
- Prince Andrew called his ‘victim’ Virginia Roberts ‘a very sick girl’ days after she described her abuse at hands of Jeffrey Epstein
- Newly-single Ashley Roberts puts on a leggy display in a patterned burgundy dress as she steps out for dinner with pals… following split from Giovanni Pernice
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle promote Instagram page which focuses on ‘acts of kindness’ and ‘uplifting stories of community from across the globe’
- BAFTAs 2020: Florence Pugh wows in a red mini dress as she joins Little Women co-stars Saoirse Ronan and Laura Dern at a Nominees Party
- Jourdan Dunn reveals she’s ENGAGED to her ‘life partner’ Dion Hamilton as she shares a glimpse of her dazzling ‘£22,000’ diamond ring
- Jimmy Tarbuck reveals he is being tested for prostate cancer after his upcoming 80th birthday and close friend Tom Jones is helping him through health scare
- Lady Gaga says she ‘better hear no lip-syncing’ during Sunday’s Super Bowl… while performing in Miami Just hours away
- Chrissy Teigen is awestruck as she brings John Legend and Luna to Stormi Webster’s ultra-luxe second birthday party Adorable
- Joanna Lumley and Jo Brand ‘front-runners to replace Sandi Toksvig on the Great British Bake Off’… after the host shockingly quit the C4 show
- Jessie J reveals she enjoys cooking and cleaning more than sex with her reunited beau Channing Tatum Jessie J revealed some of her favourite activities
- Paul McCartney’s wife Nancy Shevell, 60, dazzles in a scarlet wrap dress on dinner date with husband, 77, in Miami as the pair attend Casamigos party
- The Crown: Olivia Colman portrays a giddy Queen Elizabeth II as she joins Tobias Menzies to film Princess Anne’s show jumping scenes for season four
- Gwyneth Paltrow sizzles in sequin Ralph And Russo suit to support hubby Brad Falchuk at WGA Awards where he gets Valentine Davies prize
- Louis Tomlinson admits he ‘isn’t ready’ to make up with One Direction band mate Zayn Malik and says he thinks the singer has been ‘disrespectful’
- Caprice Bourret ‘QUITS Dancing On Ice after struggling with split from partner Hamish Gaman’… after he cryptically claimed ‘the truth will out’
- Kylie Jenner and ex-Travis Scott chat happily together at daughter Stormi’s 2nd birthday bash as they continue to amicably co-parent the tot
- Gaten Matarazzo of Stranger Things reveals his fourth Cleidocranial Dysplasia surgery was a ‘complete success’ The actor suffers from the condition
- Jenna Dewan shows off her growing baby bump after picking up her daughter Everly from practice Jenna looked effortlessly stylish
- SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ant Middleton admits he CHEATED on Everest challenge by flying to a luxury hotel and getting ‘smashed’ – leaving his film crew in tents at 17,000ft
- Katy Perry models Marilyn Monroe hairdo and lei as she poses with Minnie Mouse and goofs off with Ryan Seacrest at Disney resort in Hawaii
- Kaia Gerber shows off her toned figure i a crop top and leggings after a weekend sweat session in West Hollywood Kaia looked incredible in the ensemble
- Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke reveals why she WON’T Google herself or take selfies… and how it’s become her ‘recipe for success’ Feeling good
- Roxanne Pallett’s honeymoon dreams are extinguished as her fireman husband Jason Carrion is called into work… after the couple married in secret
- Natasha Lyonne puts a punk chic twist on the little black dress as she matches pregnant pal Chloe Sevigny at bi-coastal Writers Guild Awards
- Caitlyn Jenner cuts a cool look in black leather jacket as she steps out for dinner with Sophia Hutchins in West Hollywood Chic
- Christie Brinkley, 66, sizzles in sexy ringmaster costume as she performs with daughter Alexa Ray Joel, 34, at Big Apple Circus in NYC
- Demi Lovato joins Dan + Shay onstage Bud Light Super Bowl Music Fest… ahead of singing National Anthem The 27-year-old pop star rocked Versace leggings
- Mark Wahlberg’s wife Rhea ‘paralyzed with fear’ over him taking flights after tragic death of Kobe Bryant in helicopter crash Struggle
- Guns N’ Roses pays tribute to Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna and dedicates performance to the victims of the helicopter crash at the Bud Light Super Bowl Fest
- The Masked Singer: Unicorn is revealed to be The Scissor Sisters’ Jake Shears and Duck is Britpop legend Skin in DOUBLE vote-off
- Madonna, 61, leaves her concert in London after apologising to fans for cancelling more shows and revealing she’s doing six hours of rehab a day
- Reese Witherspoon shows off petite curves in sports leggings during jog and later in denim mini-dress at her son’s soccer practice Taking it easy
- ‘I don’t want to put all of myself out there for the world to see’: Maddison Brown on life after being spotted kissing Liam Hemsworth
- Hailey Bieber flaunts her toned legs in denim shorts after a relaxing spa day in Los Angeles Hailey showcased her toned physique
- Paris Hilton rocks a plunging sequin dress as she takes to the decks to bust out some tunes at the Rolling Stone Super Bowl party in Miami
- Lily-Rose Depp looks effortlessly chic as she dazzles in a sheer gold sequinned dress at Chanel’s pre-BAFTAs 2020 party Chic
- Claire Foy stuns in a plunging black silk jumpsuit as she joins Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke at Chanel’s pre-BAFTAs 2020 party
- TALK OF THE TOWN: Is Jude Law, proud dad of one of this country’s most sought-after young models, about to score a six?
- Kourtney Kardashian flaunts her cleavage as she heads to the farmers market on outing with gal pal Larsa Pippen… after their ‘movie night’
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Oprah Winfrey get in a brisk workout session before the Super Bowl The two went for a run on treadmills
- Kristin Chenoweth shows off petite figure in black flared pants and matching crop-top with puffy sleeves as she’s honored at LGBTQ charity in NYC
- Olivia Culpo takes the plunge in fringe mini as she smolders with NFL beau Christian McCaffrey at Super Saturday Night bash in Miami
- Tina Fey is the picture of business-chic in blue double-breasted suit at Writers Guild Awards in NYC Tina exuded glamour on the outing
- Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach holds hands while looking stylish in suits at the 2020 Writers Guild Awards in New York City
- Fancy seeing you here! Locals are left stunned as Tom Hanks dines at a restaurant in rural New South Wales during downtime from filming new Elvis biopic
- That’s not very fancy! Iggy Azalea reveals she suffered an embarrassing fall while shopping in public at Sephora Oops
- Bindi Irwin takes a break from wedding planning to enjoy a family beach trip with mother Terri, brother Robert and fiancé Chandler Powell
- Peter Crouch ‘scores new BBC One prime time entertainment show inspired by James Corden’s The Late Late Show’ One to watch
- The Greatest Dancer: Cheryl shares rare insight into life at home with son Bear, 2, as she reveals he will already be copying one of her act’s moves
- Lizzo rocks a white swimsuit for yacht day and twerk competition in Miami with bikini-clad friends ahead of Super Bowl LIV Work it
- Imogen Thomas wows in a leather mini skirt and thigh-high boots as she continues to flaunt her January weight loss… after vowing she’s still got ‘more to lose’
- Kim Kardashian’s endorsement company claims to be taking offers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and asks for commercial requests from its clients
- Princess Eugenie dons a chic printed shirt as she heads to the hairdressers… amid claims her sister Beatrice will ‘marry in London’
- Eiza Gonzalez highlights her cleavage in a low-cut blouse as she attends the AT&T Super Saturday Night concert in Miami Chic
- Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston play bartender and serve up their new mezcal brand at bar in Miami ahead of Super Bowl
- Prince Charles is caught in eco row after flying 125 miles in the Queen’s helicopter before riding in a Bentley for a speech on cutting carbon emissions
- Tamara Ecclestone is forced to close her children’s skincare company and her chain of hair salons after the US style treatment failed to catch on
- Gillian Anderson looks chic as she joins Laura Dern and Kathleen Kennedy at pre-BAFTAs Fellowship lunch at London’s Savoy
- BAFTAs 2020: Joaquin Phoenix looks dapper in a tailored suit as he joins his Joker co-star Zazie Beetz at a Nominees Party ahead of event
- Gemma Arterton oozes sartorial chic in a fitted corset top and culottes as she arrives at Chanel’s pre-BAFTAs 2020 party Glam
- Hugh Grant, 59, is every bit the gentleman in a dapper ensemble as he arrives with wife Anna Eberstein, 36, for Chanel’s pre-BAFTAs party
- Helen McCrory, 51, wows in a metallic bronze feathered dress as she joins husband Damian Lewis, 48, at Chanel’s pre-BAFTAs 2020 party
- The Real’s Adrienne Bailon reunites with co-host Loni Love at NAACP Image Awards luncheon The talented twosome looked in good spirits
- Hilary Duff is a star in a striped skirt and cream jumper as she stops by #BlogHer20 health event to promote using natural beauty products
- Jay-Z defends his partnership with the NFL ahead of Super Bowl PSA about police brutality, says he can handle ‘negative press’ from his fallout with Colin Kaepernick
- Love Island’s Francesca Allen looks effortlessly chic in a beige shirt dress as she enjoys a night out with friends in London
- Love Island: Dumped islander Eve Gale says she ‘misses Jess more than ever’ as she shares sizzling post of the pair in matching red bikinis
- Nick Lachey has ‘not read a single word’ of Jessica Simpson’s new memoir… after she let loose on their marriage and divorce
- Jodie Turner-Smith is having a girl! Actress accidentally lets the gender slip on The Graham Norton Show
- Christina Aguilera challenges Spanish songstress Rosalia to a friendly game of Mario Kart during a chance hangout in Los Angeles
- Michael Barrymore pool death ‘was MURDER’: Detective says Stuart Lubbock was ‘raped and deliberately killed’ as he launches probe into tragedy 18 years ago
- Eva Mendes, 45, takes the high road when an Instagram troll says ‘she’s getting old’: ‘Thank God I’m getting old. That means I’m still here’
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts her taut tummy in a crop top and miniskirt as she joins the stars at Michael Rubin’s Fanatics Super Bowl Party
- Saturday Night Live: J.J. Watt is The Pilot Hunk as the NFL star parodies The Bachelor in his first hosting stint
- TALK OF THE TOWN: Catherine Zeta Jones shows off Celtic genes to visitors at her £4million mansion with Welsh trinkets
- Julianne Hough and her husband Brooks Laich share a laugh as they step out for breakfast together… amid rumours of their separation
- Kate Ferdinand breaks down in tears while Rio insists there’s ‘no manual to become a stepmum’ in teaser for stepfamily documentary
- TALK OF THE TOWN: He may not like blenders, but he’s not averse to mixing up his love life! Gavin Rossdale spotted with mystery blonde after splitting with Russian playboy model girlfriend over £1,000 blender
- Ciara hides her baby bump under textured silver blazer dress as she leads the pack of celebrities and athletes at the NFL Honors in Miami
- ‘Rude and downright embarrassing’: Jim Carrey is BLASTED by fans for joke implying Margot Robbie’s successful career is thanks to her looks
- Katie Holmes and daughter Suri Cruise bundle up in cosy puffer jackets as they enjoy a mother and daughter day out in NYC
- The 1975 cancel Laneway gig after singer Matt Healy is hospitalised and ‘too weak’ to play after coming down with a ‘serious sickness’
- Love Island’s Shaughna Phillips fails to impress MIC star Sam Thompson in VERY awkward Celebs Go Dating clip… a year before her villa stint
- Jennifer Lopez shows off her stunning abs while rehearsing for her Super Bowl halftime performance… after Bad Bunny is added to the lineup
- Off for a spin, ma’am? The Queen gets behind the wheel of her Range Rover as he prepares to end her annual Sandringham stay
- Sienna Miller, 38, gets engaged for the third time to 29-year-old toyboy Lucas Zwirner… but seems shy about showing off her ring
- Prince Andrew, the world is watching: Four of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims write an open letter to the Duke urging him to talk to the FBI for the sake of ‘your daughters’
- Mick Jagger seduced me when I was 15: Actress Rae Dawn reveals how she spent night with Rolling Stone when she was underage and he was married to Bianca
- Victoria Beckham, 45, bears an uncanny resemblance to son Romeo, 17, as she shares sweet throwback snap of her younger self
- The Greatest Dancer: Cheryl’s group The Queens and Todrick’s commercial act Ryan are the FIRST to be voted off
- Demi Lovato leaves Miami nightclub with a mystery man at 6AM… ahead of Sundays Super Bowl performance
- Ed Sheeran looks disappointed as he and wife Cherry Seaborn watch their beloved football team Ipswich Town lose 4-1 to Peterborough United
- Sarah Michelle Gellar thanks a friend for being the inadvertent reason she’s spent 20 years with her beloved husband Freddie Prinze Jr.
- ‘I was such a fraud!’: Newly-unearthed clip shows the moment Meghan Markle admits she fibbed to casting directors about being in an actor’s union so she could land a part
- ELIZABETH DAY: Andrew’s cancer ‘joke’ was bad enough… but it’s timing just days after pictures emerged of him arm-in-arm with Virginia Roberts made it even worse
- Christine McGuinness is casual in a cosy pink fur jacket as she arrives in Manchester… after urging Strictly Come Dancing bosses to sign her up
- Gang of Four guitarist Andy Gill, 64, dies two months after finishing tour as band pay tribute to ‘genius’ who was ‘one of the best’
- Kimberley Garner flaunts her incredible figure in a plunging blue thong swimsuit as she takes a dip in the sea during downtime in Miami
- Love Island: Latest Casa Amor bombshell REVEALED as ripped, bikini-loving events manager Natalia Zoppa, 20, from Manchester
- Gabrielle Union flaunts her fabulous legs as she dances in the rain during Miami photoshoot
- Post Malone spills $50k cash as he hits Miami nightclub after Super Bowl weekend performance
- Revealed: Prince Andrew made sick ‘gag’ about breast cancer that is ‘too offensive to be repeated’ in boorish texts to his friend Jonathan Rowland
- Rita Ora delightedly unveils her new ‘Zog’ neck tattoo… as she reveals the Albanian word is the pet name given to her by beloved mum Vera
- Kylie Jenner says she and Stormi were ‘meant for each other’ as she shares tender throwbacks in tribute to her daughter’s second birthday
- Una Healy poses in rare loved-up snap with beau David Breen before impressing fans by speaking Swahili as they continue sun-soaked Zanzibar holiday
- Selena Gomez continues to move on from ’emotionally abusive’ relationship with Justin Bieber as she packs away bikes they rode during brief reunion
- Nicki Minaj will earn $125K to host a post-Super Bowl party… as stars cash in big on the lavish Miami football festivities Party
- Feel free to finally try a sip of alcohol’: Kate Beckinsale wishes look-alike daughter Lily a happy 21st birthday
- Montana Brown shows ex Elliott Reeder what he’s missing as she shares SIZZLING bikini-clad selfie
- Jade Thirlwall sends Little Mix fans wild after posting a cryptic snap of herself recording vocals in the studio as she teases a new sixth album
- Heavily pregnant Nicole Trunfio puts her bump on display as she poses completely nude during glamorous desert photo shoot
- Myleene Klass looks effortlessly chic as she rocks a stylish fedora and trench coat for solo commute to her radio duties in London
- Cameron Diaz keeps it casual in a cardigan as she hits up a facial spa after welcoming firstborn daughter Raddix last month
- Love Island’s Casa Amor FIRST LOOK: The relationship-testing second villa is revealed ahead of the arrival of a new batch of sexy singletons
- Aretha Franklin’s niece relinquishes role as singer’s executor due to ongoing ‘rift in the family’
- Rachel Lindsay and LaLa Anthony indulge in fast food treats at Bootsy On The Water Party With McDonald’s And Post Malone
- Friends of US attorney who slammed Prince Andrew say he’ll ‘ruthlessly pursue all leads’ in Jeffrey Epstein probe – as he’s compared to Chuck Rhoades from Billions
- Justin Bieber mourns the loss of Kobe Bryant with $1200 tribute art to the basketball legend
- ‘Wedding throwback!’ Kate Ferdinand fangirls as she attends Ashanti concert in London… five months after husband Rio surprised her with the R&B icon at their Turkey nuptials
- Kobe Bryant’s prom date Brandy says she’ll ‘never understand’ his death as she offers her condolences nearly a week after loss of the NBA All-Star and his daughter Gianna, 13
- Diddy suits up in classic black as he and others pay tribute to Kobe Bryant during Shaq’s Funhouse party for Super Bowl weekend
- Love Island’s Molly-Mae Hague looks sensational as she models several different looks while shooting her latest clothing collection in LA
- Rodrigo Alves showcases the results of her latest surgery in a busty pink sequinned dress as she steps out in Istanbul
- Star Wars: Phantom Menace actor Jake Lloyd who starred as young Anakin Skywalker is struggling with paranoid schizophrenia, his mother says
- Piers Morgan blasts BBC’s Horrible Histories children’s show for ‘trashing Britain’ with Brexit-themed song
- Harry Styles CANCELS pre-Super Bowl show in Florida due to severe storm warnings… as heartbroken fans hit out at event organisers for poor safety conditions amid shock evacuation
- Fern Britton and Phil Vickery ‘often weren’t on speaking terms and their recent separation has been on the cards for years’… following the death of the TV star’s father Tony
- Tamara Ecclestone beams as she hits the ski slopes with her Jay and Sophia… after being forced to make ‘difficult decision’ to close two of her businesses
- Emily Atack and Jack Fincham ‘caught KISSING at the NTAs and couldn’t keep their hands off each other’… days after the Love Island star became a new dad
- DOI’s Caprice Bourret displays painful injuries from training with new pro Oscar Peter… just hours after ex- skating partner Hamish Gaman insisted ‘he’s not okay’ amid bitter split
- Jim Carrey reveals he WOULD be happy to portray The Mask again but only if a ‘crazy visionary filmmaker’ was making a sequel