- Culturelle Immune Defense
- Uses of Culturelle Immune Defense:
- What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Culturelle Immune Defense?
- What are some things I need to know or do while I take Culturelle Immune Defense?
- How is this medicine (Culturelle Immune Defense) best taken?
- What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- What are some other side effects of Culturelle Immune Defense?
- If OVERDOSE is suspected:
- How do I store and/or throw out Culturelle Immune Defense?
- Consumer information use
- Further information
- New iHealth supplement offers immune boost
- Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense hits store shelves
Culturelle Immune Defense
Uses of Culturelle Immune Defense:
- It is used to keep the normal balance of bacteria in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Culturelle Immune Defense?
- If you have an allergy to Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) or any part of Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Culturelle Immune Defense?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you are on a lactose-free diet, talk with your doctor. Some products have lactose.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), check labels closely. Some products have sugar.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Culturelle Immune Defense) best taken?
Use Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew or crush.
- Some products may be opened and sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. Some products must be swallowed whole. Check with your pharmacist to see if you can open this product.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- More thirst.
- Change in how much urine is passed.
- Muscle pain.
- Bone pain.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Weight loss.
What are some other side effects of Culturelle Immune Defense?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not hungry.
- Stomach cramps.
- Dry mouth.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Culturelle Immune Defense?
- Some brands of Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) need to be stored in a refrigerator. Some brands of Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) need to be stored at room temperature. If you have questions about how to store Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules), talk with your pharmacist.
- Be sure you know how long you can store Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules) before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Culturelle Immune Defense (probiotic capsules), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
New iHealth supplement offers immune boost
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — With probiotic supplements consistently registering double-digit sales increases in recent months, suppliers are expanding their lines of these immune-boosting formulas. Among the most recent new products is iHealth’s Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense.
(To view the full Category Review, click here.)
With IRI data showing the original Culturelle formula continuing to be one of the fastest-growing products in the vitamins, minerals and supplements category, iHealth has launched what it says is the first supplement using a triple-action, immune-boosting formula strengthened by probiotics.
Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense is formulated with clinically proven ingredients for immune protection, including the patented substance EpiCor, a unique dietary ingredient made with the bacteria Saccharomyces cerevisiae and a mixture of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants; the probiotic Lactobacillus GG; vitamin C; and zinc.
“As the No. 1 probiotic brand, our goal is to provide Culturelle users the most effective supplement to give their immune system extra protection,” brand manager Sara Urbanek said.
How to Use This Medicine:
Capsule, Delayed Release Capsule, Liquid, Powder, Tablet, Stick, Spray, Chewable Tablet, Coated Tablet, Wafer
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Tablet or delayed-release capsule: Swallow whole. Do not chew, crush, or break.
- Powder: Be careful to not breathe in the powder, because it may bother your lungs. Do not get the powder on your skin. If you mix the powder in food or liquid, do this right before you take the medicine. Do not mix it and then save it for later.
- Chewable tablet or wafer: Chew it completely before you swallow.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Some brands must be stored in the refrigerator, and some other brands must be stored at room temperature. Follow the directions on the label. Ask your pharmacist if you are not sure how to store your medicine.
Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense hits store shelves
CROMWELL, Conn. — i-Health Inc. has released Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense, described as the first supplement with a triple-action immune boosting formula strengthened by probiotics.
The company said Monday that Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense contains clinically proven ingredients for immune protection, including EpiCor, a specialized yeast fermentate from Embria Health Sciences; lactobacillus GG, the most-studied probiotic strain, backed by over 125 studies of immune health; vitamin C; and zinc.
Each once-a-day serving of Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense comes in a capsule-in-capsule form, which i-Health said ensures the freshness and viability of the probiotic. That form also offers easy use, with no need to add water, the company added.
“Over 70% of your immune system is in your digestive tract, so a healthy and balanced digestive system plays a vital role in maintaining your overall health and well-being,” stated Dr. Jennifer Wider, a health expert and medical adviser. “By adding the probiotic to Advanced Immune Defense, Culturelle is offering users the benefit of a clinically proven probiotic, in combination with the antioxidant action in EpiCor and vitamin C, giving your immune system an extra boost.”*
Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense is available in the cough/cold aisle at food, drug and mass retailers nationwide, including CVS/pharmacy, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart and Target stores.
“Our goal is to provide Culturelle users the most effective supplement to give their immune system extra protection,” commented Sara Urbanek, Culturelle brand manager at i-Health. “New Advanced Immune Defense adds innovation by going beyond the typical vitamin C and zinc, giving consumers the clinically proven ingredients lactobacillus GG and antioxidant benefit of EpiCor, which will provide a level of advanced immune health protection never seen before in this category.”
This is a sponsored post. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
When I’m home it feels like I rarely get a night out with the girls. Yes, I relax with Mr. S, but girlfriend time is absolutely precious, so taking the time to go to dinner, a movie or out for some fun is…well, PRICELESS. It also feels that because I’m under stress, that THAT is the time that I will feel under the weather. I hate missing out, and because of that, I choose to boost my immune system so that my body functions at it’s most optimal.
Time for a Girl’s Night Out
Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense
I don’t mess around, when it’s ZIPPY and the girls time (Ooooh, good name for an 80’s band Zippy and the girls), so I do a little self-prep by taking doses of Culturellle Advanced Immune Defense 3-4 days before my girls nights out and before you leave I leave for some fun. It is made to be used in 10-day increments, so I continue taking it for the next five days AFTER as well. I want to feel my best.
Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense offers maximum immune system support.* BTW, I also use it before flying, because being in the cabin with all who knows WHAT in the air gives me added the maximum immune support that I can get. It works with my body’s own natural defenses to support my immune system when I need it the most. I just feel better knowing that I’ve done what I can to be able to go-go-go, whether out dancing, having coffee with a friend, or seeing a chick-flick with a few of my besties.
I grabbed Rachel & we headed to the Trick Eye Museum
We wanted a few laughs and what better way than to check out the fun ways that we could use props to take photos. I was hoping that Coby could join us, but she had to work at the last minute. Sill, I’m glad that I had prepared, because some of the photos were taken lying on the floor…the same floor that people walked on. To say that we had a few laughs was an understatement, and we came away having spent some quality girl time together…and I felt GREAT that day.
What makes it different than other immune defense products?
- It is a triple-action dietary supplement with 2.5 billion live active cultures of Lactobacillus GG, 500mg of EpiCor, 20mg of Vitamin C and 3mg of Zinc to activate your body’s natural defenses and help give you your immune system extra protection.*
- Only Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense has the most clinically proven ingredients for immune support to help better defend your defenses and help protect your immune system.*
- Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense has the only triple action formula, strengthened with/by probiotic to better defend your defenses*
Now THAT’S some support.
- Special for Champagne Living readers: Culturelle $2 off coupon
- Available at all major food retailers and drug retailers, including Walmart,Target, CVS, Walgreens and Rite-Aid stores nationwide – $12.99
- Culturelle Advanced Immune Defense
- Culturelle Facebook
- Twitter: @Culturelle
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.