- 8 Brain-Training Games for Memory
- Top Brain-Training Games
- Fun experiments on how our brains and minds work
- Challenge your attention and memory
- Optical illusions
- Language and logic puzzles
- A few visual workouts
- Teasing your pattern recognition and thinking
- Brain teasers for job interviews
- The 15 Best Brain Games for Android Device in 2020
- Rate your memory baseline
- Memory methods that boost brain power
- Brain games
- Beginner exercises
- Intermediate exercises
- Advanced exercises
- Brain Teasers for Kids
- Longer Brain Teasers for Adults
- Brain Teasers with Answers
- How to Find Answers for Brain Teasers
- Challenge your cognitive abilities with these brain teasers:
- Language and logic brain puzzles:
- A few visual workouts to tease your mind:
- How’s your pattern recognition?
- Brain teaser games for the workplace:
- Brain Games For Adults & Kids – Brain Training
- Five of the best apps to train your brain
- Lumosity: Colorful and fun
- Elevate: Boosting ‘productivity, earning power, and self-confidence’
- Peak: Flexible training and tracking
- Fit Brains: Targeting emotional intelligence
- CogniFit: For consumers, scientists, and clinicians
- Here is the list of the best 40 puzzle games you must try.
- (ii) iOS Daily Puzzle Mind Games
- (iii) Best Android Puzzle Games to Download
- 21. Candy Crush Saga
- 22. All that Remains: Part 1
- 23. Amanita Design
- 24. Dissembler
- 25. Bridge Constructor Portal
- 26. Two Dots
- 27. Hocus
- 28. Brain It On
- 29. Bust a Move
- 30. Red
- 31. Calculator-The Game
- 32. Cubway
- 33. Outfolded
- 34. Kerflux
- 35. Orbit
- 36. RGB Express
- 37. 2048
- 38. Bonza Word Puzzle
- 39. Sudoku
- 40. Interlocked
- Related posts:
8 Brain-Training Games for Memory
We live in a world where it’s perfectly normal to have a laptop on your desk, a tablet in your bag and a smart phone in your pocket. When you’re in the mood to play a game, you can — all you have to do is open an app and start playing.
Brain-training games capitalize on the ease with which we game by offering a wealth of puzzles and problems that can be played for hours or merely minutes at a time. Learn more about the top brain-training games that can sharpen the mind and potentially prevent cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Top Brain-Training Games
From the perspective of someone who’s looking to prevent Alzheimer’s disease, there are a few interesting things to note about the brain-training game phenomenon. First, it turns out that a lot of the scientific claims supporting the idea that brain-training games make you smarter are based on flawed studies and limited evidence that have been called into question by objective scientists.
However, these same objective scientists have not widely doubted the effectiveness of brain-training games in preventing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Why not? Because there’s actually some good evidence to suggest that they can do exactly that. If you’re looking to transform yourself into the next Einstein, playing brain-training games may be a fool’s errand. But, if you’re interested in preventing Alzheimer’s by keeping the neural connections in your brain strong, then games that challenge your working memory and mental agility can be an important part of your plan (along with eating a nutrients-rich diet, getting plenty of sleep, and exercising multiple times per week).
Let’s take a look at 8 brain-training games that have earned positive reviews:
Free in the iOS Store and Android Play Store, Lumosity offers an ever-expanding set of cognitive and scientific games designed to improve your working memory and stimulate your brain on a daily basis. Part of what these games are designed to do is strengthen your ability to pay attention to the right things — that is, the things that help you solve the task at hand — while learning to ignore things that don’t help. Lumosity is one of the most popular brain-training games out there, used by more than 60 million people worldwide.
Self-described as a “brain fitness program,” Dakim offers users a set of games and puzzles designed to help you give your brain a comprehensive workout. The program gives you access to more than 100 individual brain exercises, all designed to improve attention and concentration — in other words, the very kind of mental tasks that have been demonstrated to play a role in preventing Alzheimer’s and related symptoms. You can try Dakim for free on their website.
Different from many brain-training games in that it’s specially designed for people already suffering from Alzheimer’s, Clevermind goes beyond merely a collection of games. As any caregiver can tell you, managing someone with Alzheimer’s goes far beyond just giving them mental exercise. To this end, Clevermind features social, medical, and dietary tools, all presented in an easy-to-read interface that also has a digital assistant who speaks in a Siri-like voice. Clevermind is available in the iOS App Store
- Fit Brains Trainer
Fit Brains Trainer helps you “enhance your memory, focus, and brain speed” by giving you access to more than 360 games and puzzles. The app is smartly designed to get more difficult as you get better, so that you always have a challenge in front of you and are never wanting for a way to give your brain a positive workout. Fit Brains Trainer is available for free on Google Play and the iOS App Store.
- Brain Fitness
Available for free in the iTunes store, Cognifit Brain Fitness gives users access to a wide variety of fun, well-designed games designed by neuroscientists. As a user, you have the ability to track progress and even start off with a cognitive assessment. If you’re feeling competitive, you can challenge your friends, too, which is not only fun, but can help you finally prove to your pals that you’re the smartest of the lot.
- Brain Trainer
Available in free and Pro versions on Google Play and iTunes, this widely used app offers one of the largest collections of brain-training games available — language games, math games, speedy shape games and a load more (including, of course, Sudoku). Best of all, you can tailor your gaming experience to your personal goals: problem solving, memory, attention, and agility.
- Brain Metrix
A free web service that helps you “train your brain,” Brain Metrix offers a large collection of concentration, color, IQ, spatial intelligence, memory, and creativity games that can help get your brain in tip-top shape. If you have an interest in playing the type of games that strengthen your brain’s fitness in ways that can help prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia, then Brain Metrix has games and tasks that fit the bill.
Eidetic’s tagline is both broad and specific: “Learn and remember anything.” Scientific studies of the way the brain learns have demonstrated unequivocally that repetition is key to getting a new piece of information to be designated for long-term storage in your memory. By employing a technique called “spaced repetition,” the Eidetic app helps you learn and remember all manner of interesting words and facts. It’s available as an iOS App for iPhones and iPads.
- Brain-boosting App May Detect Alzheimer’s
- Exercise and Dementia: Can Dementia Be Prevented Through Exercise?
- How Technology Will Change the Future for Alzheimer’s Patients
Here you can enjoy the Top 25 Brain Teasers, Games & Illusions that SharpBrains readers (primarily adults, but younger minds too) have enjoyed the most. It is always good to learn more about our brains and to exercise them!.
Fun experiments on how our brains and minds work
1. You think you know the colors? Try the Stroop Test
2. You say you can count? Check out this brief attention experiment
3. Test your stress level
4. Guess: Are there more brain connections or leaves in the Amazon?
Challenge your attention and memory
5. Quick brain teasers to flex two key mental muscles
6. Count the Fs in this sentence
7. Can you identify Apple’s logo?
8. Ten classic optical illusions to trick your mind
9. What do you see?
10. Fun Mental Rotation challenge
11. What is going on with these pictures?
Language and logic puzzles
12. Which way is the bus heading?
13. Where do words go?
14. Join this party for polyglots
15. Fun & Brainy Haikus. Yours?
A few visual workouts
16. Is a circle a circle?
17. Less obvious than it may appear
18. How many…
Teasing your pattern recognition and thinking
19. Proverbs to exercise your memory and reasoning
20. Find the missing number in The Empty Triangle
21. Good puzzle for the whole brain: The Blind Beggar
22. Find the the Really, Really, Really Big Number
23. Please consider Linda’s job prospects
24. A few guesstimations often used in consulting and tech interviews
25. How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
The 15 Best Brain Games for Android Device in 2020
Memorado is one of the scientifically researched games that will help you improve cognitive activities and boost up your IQ. The experts developed this brain game, which provides you with an attractive and unique fun interface. This most excellent mind game will build your brain functionality with designated and controlled design.
- Increase your IQ and memory with this scientifically developed app.
- It combines your mind and brain altogether with the development program.
- Practice its specific 24 brain games with more than seven hundred levels.
- Exercise your math, logic, memory, and concentration skills in the development process.
- Enjoy the games and at the same time lower your stress by that.
- You can select and focus on your interested fields of development here.
- Get personalized and focused routine workout as per your requirement.
- You can assess your performance and do the needful.
BrainHQ is the result of thirty years of research on the brain development program. This app has twenty-nine brain games with different levels of challenge. The more you progress, the more is the difficulty. You will get various exercises that will increase your memory, speed, accuracy, attention, navigation skill, and whatnot. You can personalize the program as per Your desired field of interest.
- It’s a brain-related treatment program, as well as a brain development curriculum.
- Face the new challenging exercises day by day with increasingly difficult levels.
- Preserve your score and compare it with the previous one.
- Enjoy the scientific workouts and develop your brain in a fun way.
- Spend only five minutes a day and see the changes in you.
- Get a reminder for your scheduled workouts.
- Boot up your cognitive training and maximize your skill by regular and repeated practice.
- Learn to act faster, build self-confidence, and remove depression from your life.
If you are suffering from a weaker memory, then this app will act as a close friend to improve your brain. It will take only 15 minutes from your day time for the brain development exercise. Your memory will get healthy, and your problems will disappear. This renowned app has a health prize on its name for digital prevention from the German Federal Ministry of Health. If you use this app regularly, your memory will improve, your stress will reduce, and your depression will vanish. Moreover, your thinking speed will increase, and your concentration will develop. This app I will provide you with a comprehensive analysis of your potentials and make a training plan according to your needs.
- Get a different kind of 27 exercises with 250 levels.
- Get balance training with positive motivation.
- A successful study reveals the effectiveness of this app conducted by the Department of General Psychology at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Monitor your progress closely and compare it with the group.
- You can personalize your training and focus on your exciting segments.
- It is one of the best brain games for Android, where you will get a new set of exercises and workouts regularly.
- Enjoy the comprehensive customer care from the authority.
9. Tricky Test 2
Tricky Test 2 is an IQ based brain game that doesn’t merely test your IQ. Instead, it offers a few tricky quizzes to check you to see if you are a genius. This app has introduced a few puzzle games which have a series of tricky brain teasers. This app compels your brain to think more and focus on the delicate matters; thus, it sharpens your intellect. If you use it regularly your IQ level will increase, your focus and critical reasoning ability will boost up. It will also push your creative thinking to a new limit.
- Get the unique and tricky brain teaser puzzles to boost up your brain.
- You will be provided with 111 trivia quizzes and will be asked to solve those within the challenging duration.
- Get the quizzes to test your memory, math ability, and logic.
- You can also select the questions to test the IQ of your friends.
- Take part in the exercises provided with the app and strengthen your brain with fun.
- You will be able to think out of the box.
10. Brain Wars
The Brain Wars is one of the challenging and best brain game apps for Android in the present market place. This app generates competitive mode within yourself by putting you against a hard competitor. You will get a few mini-games in the preset training schedule where you can train yourself to increase your level. This app will initially guide and offer you to challenge someone so that it can find out your present level. Practice more and more as there is no limit. This app will develop your observation skills, focus, concentration, mathematics, and numerical skills.
- Test your judgment, calculation, accuracy, memory, and speed skills through numerous mini-games.
- Get a brain map; you will find your performance record on it.
- Enjoy the competition with the randomly selected anonymous guy.
- You can send emoji to your opponent, and also can send a friend request.
- The app is easy to use and smooth to run.
- Defeat your opponents and earn the worldwide ranking.
- You can challenge your opponents with real-time competitions.
- You can invite your friends to challenge you through social media.
11. River Crossing IQ Logic Puzzles & Fun Brain Games
River Crossing IQ Logic Puzzles is one of the most popular brain games you may hear about. I’m not talking about the Android game, but the logical question you may hear from a pear or someone else in your childhood. Based on that popular logical IQ games, a gaming company has launched a brain game that has gained fame and popularity with no time. It is the game here. I hope you will enjoy it with a sharp nostalgic feeling.
- Tricky and challenging games that you must love.
- It helps you to increase your IQ and intelligence.
- It is about to cross the river with your IQ by not losing any of your companions.
- Aside from the river crossing puzzles, there are also many other intelligence judging games.
- Easy at the beginning but hard to be the master.
12. Memory Games: Brain Training
Another brain game for your Android device is here waiting for you to get introduced. It is Memory Games. The best part of this game is the use of your Memory power to solve the puzzle. It is quite like training to your memory or brain by judging its power. The more you make your brain activity, the more it will be powerful. And this is the reason for the vast popularity of this game as it creates more opportunities to make your brain active.
- Easy to perceive tactics and strategies that will help you to enjoy judge your intelligence.
- 2 to 5 minutes of training time for your brain every day.
- It’s an offline game. So, you can play it whenever you want to.
- It is also very easy to improve your memory power by playing these logic games.
- As a beginner-friendly game, it will help you enjoy the game from the very moment you start playing this game.
13. Math Puzzle
Math is always something related to your brain. All the people don’t love to do maths but those who have found the interest can never deny the true fun of solving maths. If you are one of those crazy mathematicians, then I will suggest you try Math Puzzle. Puzzles of easy, medium and hard modes are available here for you to solve with mathematical tactics. So, it can be great fun for you enjoying this brain game.
- This game is very essential to improve your mathematical intelligence.
- Kids-friendly option for the easy math that you can suggest to your kids.
- You have to use the out of the box techniques to solve the problems.
- Good to improve your memory, IQ, and quick decision-making approach.
- Over 70 challenging stages are available.
- Multiplayer games and so, you can play with your friends to make it more interesting.
14. Smarter: Brain Training & Mind Games
This time, it is not something provocative and anti relaxing game. Let’s play Smarter, a relaxing brain game for your Android device. The most unique part of this game is that you can play it with a peaceful mind though your brain will be still working. Here, there is nothing that can make you worried and so, you can play with no pressure.
- It is very essential to improve the power of your accuracy and approximation.
- It provides the easiest way to improve your memory power.
- It helps you to ve a master of mathematics.
- Improve your multitasking capability.
- You will learn to keep attention in every single detail that will improve your focusing power.
15. Left vs Right: Brain Games for Brain Training
You can exercise for bodily development in the gym. But what about your brain? Won’t you think that you should exercise to keep your brain active and strong? Yes, you should. Some brain games are like exercise for your brain. Left vs Right is such a brain game you can play on your Android device. This unique game is specifically designed to judge your awareness, brain activity, memory, sensibility, and so on.
- Help you train your brain activity every day.
- Without your concern, you will find yourself more attentive and intelligent.
- Easy tactics but you must have a super IQ level to be a master.
- 50% of the game is designed to train your brain activity.
- Very good to taste your awareness, intelligence, patience, and precision.
The personality of a person gets exposed through his attributes. The human brain is a fundamental key in this regard. So select any one of the above-discussed brain games to develop your traits and strengthen your mind. I hope this feature will assist you in choosing the best one. If you know about an excellent brain game not included here, please feel free to inform us. Your valuable comment is also warmly welcomed.
Sharon, a 46-year-old single mother of three teenagers, came to see me about her increasing forgetfulness. Working full-time and managing her household was becoming overwhelming for her, and she was misplacing lunchboxes, missing appointments and having trouble focusing her attention. She was worried because her grandmother got Alzheimer’s disease at the age of 79, and Sharon felt she might be getting it too – just a lot younger. I said it was highly unlikely that Sharon was suffering from early-onset dementia, but I agreed to evaluate her.
Whenever I consult with people about their middle-aged pauses, I first check for physical conditions or medication side-effects that might be affecting their brain health. Left untreated, high cholesterol, hypertension and other age-related illnesses can worsen memory, increase the risk of dementia, and shorten life expectancy. I also review their daily lifestyle habits to see if there are any areas they can improve to boost their brain health.
I convinced Sharon to enrol in a two-week research project at the UCLA Longevity Center to determine the brain effects of a healthy lifestyle programme. Before beginning the programme, her baseline memory scores were about average for her age, and MRI scanning during memory tasks showed extensive neural activity – her brain was working hard to remember things.
Sharon then started a programme of daily physical exercise, memory training, healthy diet and relaxation exercises. After two weeks, her memory tests demonstrated significant improvements, and a follow-up MRI showed minimal neural activity during word recall – her brain had become more efficient. Sharon was amazed that in just two weeks she had enhanced her memory and found it easier to learn and retrieve new information. Her healthy diet and exercise routines helped Sharon shed a few unwanted pounds, and she felt more confident – both at home and at work. These striking improvements motivated her to maintain her new healthy brain habits over the years.
Sharon’s experience was similar to that of many others who have enrolled in our healthy lifestyle programmes and research protocols. Our team has shown that a two-week programme combining mental and physical exercise, stress reduction and healthy diet is associated with significant effects on cognition and brain metabolism that we measured using PET (positron emission tomography) scans. We observed reduced activity in the brain’s frontal lobe, which may reflect greater cognitive efficiency of a brain region involved in working memory, a form of short-term memory concerned with immediate cognitive processing and problem solving.
Unfortunately, despite compelling science that everyday behaviours can improve memory and lower dementia risk, most people find it difficult to change old habits. However, the challenge becomes much easier when people understand the link between everyday behaviour and brain health, set goals that are reasonable and receive feedback that motivates them.
In collaboration with the Gallup Poll organisation, our UCLA research team evaluated responses from more than 18,000 people aged from 18 to 99 on behaviours that support memory. The greater number of healthy lifestyle habits (ie physical exercise, healthy diet, not smoking) that people practised, the better were their memory scores. Respondents who engaged in just one healthy behaviour were 21% less likely to report memory problems, while those engaged in three healthy behaviours were 75% less likely to notice forgetfulness. These results are consistent with other research indicating the synergistic benefits of combining healthy behaviours to lower risk for diabetes and heart disease.
Rate your memory baseline
In my book, 2 Weeks to a Younger Brain, Gigi Vorgan and I describe the scientific evidence that lifestyle habits matter when it comes to brain health, as well as 14 days of strategies and exercises to get readers started on a brain-healthy lifestyle they can continue for the rest of their lives. You can try it for yourself by assessing your baseline memory and checking it again after learning some of the techniques.
Below is a list of eight unrelated words. Set a stopwatch for one minute to study the words. Then spend 10 minutes doing something else. Then write down as many of the words as you can remember, for your baseline memory score:
Memory methods that boost brain power
Learning to create visual images that represent information you want to recall later will help jump-start your memory abilities. One memory technique I recommend, the story method, is useful for remembering lists of items and errands when you’re on the go. By creating a story that links your unrelated words, your visualisations and associations will automatically boost your recall. Look at the eight words again and this time spend a minute creating a story that links them all together. Perhaps you visualise a clown with orange hair riding a horse, or a doctor smoking a pipe and playing guitar. Use your first associations and link the images in any order you like. Now write the words again and see how much better your memory has become already.
This method leverages the human brain’s natural ability to notice and recall visual cues, a skill that has evolved over millions of years. Combining visualisation with associations will make your memories more meaningful and thus more memorable. The strategy is useful for the most common age-related memory complaint of forgetting names and faces.
Mental stimulation from games, puzzles, reading, and conversations is associated with better memory, so I encourage people to keep their minds active.
For many years, we’ve known that physical exercise keeps our bodies strong and now scientific evidence suggests that mental exercise keeps our brains young.
My two-week younger brain programme introduces games and exercises that will activate your neural circuits and bolster your mental acuity skills. As you gradually build your skill, you will find that these games get easier, so you can progressively increase the challenge level.
The following are some sample brain games that boost a range of cognitive functions to help keep your mind limber and sharp. In right-handed people, the brain’s left side usually controls language and reasoning skills. Word games help build this left hemisphere, while mazes and jigsaw puzzles can bolster the right hemisphere, which controls visual skills and orientation. Answers below.
1. Right brain exercise: counting squares
Count up the number of squares in the figure on the left. Hint: Be sure to count the squares within the squares.
2. Left brain: changing words
Begin with the word WALL and change a letter at a time until you get the word FIRM. Each change must be a proper word.
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
3. Right brain: numbering toothpicks
Arrange three toothpicks into the number 9 (without breaking or bending them).
4. Left brain: letter scramble No 1
Come up with as many words as you can from the following letters. Use each letter only once in each word.
5. Right brain: jigsaw brain break
Which piece fits in the puzzle?
6. Right brain: continuous line
Enhances visual-spatial skills and your frontal lobe’s ability to split your attention between mental tasks.
In the figure on the left, draw a continuous line that connects the number 1 to the letter A, then A to 2, then 2 to B, then B to 3 and so on until you can longer continue the numerical or the alphabetical sequence.
7. Left brain: finding colours
Rearrange all the letters to find the four colours mixed up below. Hint: Only one is a primary colour.
8. Left brain: proverb
All the vowels have been removed from the following proverb, and the remaining letters have been clustered into groups of three or four letters each. Replace the vowels and reveal the proverb.
You’re now warmed up enough to start using your entire brain (both the right and left hemispheres) to try to solve these brainteasers.
9. Letter scramble No 2
Try to come up with as many words as you can (two or more letters) from the following: OGEUNRY
Extra credit: A seven-letter word from this letter scramble and a five-letter word from letter scramble No1 will remind you of the title of my book.
10. Finicky Frank
Frank has very eccentric tastes. He’s a fan of football but hates rugby; loves beer but hates ale; drives a Ferrari but wouldn’t be caught dead in a Lamborghini. Based on Frank’s finicky tastes, would he prefer skiing or cycling?
• Dr Gary Small is a professor of psychiatry and ageing, and director of the Longevity Center at the Semel Institute for Neuroscience & Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles
A brainteaser is a type of riddle that makes one think outside the box. Some brainteasers are easy, some are a little harder, and some can really make you ponder for a while. Often, when you finally hear the answer, you feel ignorant or silly, because it should have been obvious to you. However, brainteasers are fun. Therefore, we keep testing ourselves and hoping we get better at solving them.
Our collection of brainteasers includes brainteasers for kids and for adults. Those for adults have some longer, more complicated brainteasers to challenge your mind. We close with a collection of brainteasers without answers, so that you can test your ability to solve brainteasers.
Related: 203 Fun Riddles for Kids with Answers
Kids love brainteasers, as long as they do not get too frustrated trying to figure them out. Our collection of brainteasers for kids takes that into consideration. Most of the answers are fairly obvious if kids listen carefully and think for a moment. Adults will have fun sharing these with their children, teachers with their students, and kids with their friends.
- There are three houses. One is red, one is blue, and one is white. If the red house is to the left of the house in the middle, and the blue house is to the right to the house in the middle, where is the white house?
In Washington, D.C.!
- You are in a cabin and it is pitch black. You have one match on you. Which do you light first, the newspaper, the lamp, the candle, or the fire?
You light the match first!
- Who is bigger: Mr. Bigger, Mrs. Bigger, or their baby? The baby, because he is a little bigger.
- Mike is a butcher. He is 5’10” tall. What does he weigh? Meat
- A farmer has 17 sheep and all but nine die. How many are left? Nine
- How far can a rabbit run into the woods? Halfway. After that, he is running out of the woods.
- In a year, there are 12 months. Seven months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? They all do.
- What are the next three letters in the following sequence?J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, __, __, __ S, O, N. The sequence is first letter of the months of the year. September, October, and November are the next in the sequence.
- Jimmy’s mother had four children. She named the first Monday. She named the second Tuesday, and she named the third Wednesday. What is the name of the fourth child? Jimmy, because Jimmy’s mother had four children!
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Mt. Everest. It was still the highest in the world. It just had not been discovered yet!
- Which is heavier? A pound of feathers or a pound of rocks? Neither. Both weigh a pound!
- What is full of holes but can still hold water? A sponge
- A family lives in a large tower apartment building, 10 floors high. Every day their son takes the elevator from the family’s apartment on the 10th floor to the ground floor and goes to school. When he returns in the afternoon, he uses the elevator to get to the fifth floor, and then uses the stairs for the remaining five floors. Why? Because he cannot reach the buttons higher than five.
- A plane crashes on the border of the U.S. and Canada. Where do they bury the survivors? You do not bury the SURVIVORS!
- I do not have any special powers, but I can predict the score of any football game before it begins. How can I do this? Well, the score before any football game is always zero to zero!
- You are driving a bus. At the first stop, two women get on. The second stop, three men get on and one woman gets off. At the third stop, three kids and their mom get on, and a man gets off. The bus is grey, and it is raining outside. What color is the bus driver’s hair? Whatever color your hair is! Remember, you are the bus driver!
- Imagine that you are in a boat, in the middle of the sea. Suddenly, you are surrounded by hungry sharks, just waiting to feed on you. How can you put an end to this?
- Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I? Fire
- Which travels faster? Hot or Cold? Hot is faster, because you can catch a cold.
- When you have me, you immediately feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you do not have me. A secret
- What can you hold without ever touching or using your hands? Your breath!
- First, I threw away the outside and cooked the inside. Then I ate the outside and threw away the inside. What did I eat? Corn on the cob
Brainteasers entangle the mind of the reader and make him forget his worries, at least for a while. Many adults find brainteasers work well as stress relievers. We have two lists of brainteasers for adults. One has longer brainteasers that are more difficult. The other has normal brainteasers for adults. Try out selection to relax and have fun.
- A lift is on the ground floor. There are four people in the lift including me.
When the lift reaches first, floor, one person gets out and three people get in.
The lift goes up to the second floor, 2 people get out 6 people get in.
It then goes up to the next floor up, no-one gets out but 12 people get in. Halfway up to the next floor up the lift cable snaps, it crashes to the floor. Everyone else dies in the lift. How did I survive?
Answer: I got out on the second floor!
- A man walks into a restaurant and the waiter says, “Good day, Admiral.”
Why did the waiter call the man an Admiral?
Answer: Because he was wearing his uniform!
- I have no voice, yet I speak to you.
I tell of all things in the world that people do.I have leaves, but I am not a tree.I have pages, but I am not a bride.I have a spine, but I am not a man.I have hinges, but I am not a door.I have told you all. I cannot tell you more.What am I? Answer: A book
- A man pushes his car to a hotel and tells its owner that he is bankrupt. Why?
He is playing Monopoly
- You are a cyclist in a cross-country race. Just before the crossing finish line, you overtake the person in second place. In what place did you finish?
Second Place. If you pass the person in second, you take second place, and they become third.
- You are in a room that has three switches and a closed door. The switches control three light bulbs on the other side of the door. Once you open the door, you may never touch the switches again. How can you definitively tell which switch is connected to each of the light bulbs? Turn on the first two switches. Leave them on for 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes has passed, turn off the second switch, leaving one switch on. Now go through the door. The light that is still on is connected to the first switch. Whichever of the other two is warm to the touch is connected to the second switch. The bulb that is cold is connected to the switch that was never turned on!
- I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Then I turned east and hiked for 3 miles. I then turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time I came upon a bear inside my tent eating my food! What color was the bear?
White. The only place you can hike 3 miles south, then east for 3 miles, then north for 3 miles and end up back at your starting point is the North Pole. There are only polar bears in the North Pole, and they are white!
- Crime Scene: A large wooden box was built with one door. The door was locked from the inside, and then nailed shut from the inside. The police break into the room. In the middle of the room there is a dead man hanging from the ceiling, with his shoes 3 feet off the ground. The only other thing in the room is a hammer lying in a puddle of water. Can you explain what happened?
He committed suicide by hanging himself when the ice melted.
- You are in a cookie factory, and need to make a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies. The recipe calls for exactly 4 cups of sugar. Problem is that you have two buckets. One bucket holds 5 cups, the other 3 cups. Using these buckets, how can you measure exactly 4 cups of sugar?
This is possible, and there are two ways to do it:
Solution 1: Fill the 3-cup bucket and pour it into the 5-cup bucket. Fill the 3-cup bucket again, and pour it into the 5-cup bucket until the 5-cup bucket is full. That will leave exactly 1 cup of sugar in the 3-cup bucket. Dump out the 5-cup bucket, and dump the 1 cup from the 3-cup bucket into the empty 5-cup bucket. This leaves 1 cup in the 5-cup bucket. Now fill the 3-cup bucket again and add it to the 5-cup bucket. Now you have exactly 4 cups of sugar in the 5-cup bucket!Solution 2: Fill the 5-cup bucket. Pour it into the 3-cup bucket. This leaves 2 cups in the 5-cup bucket. Dump out the 3-cup bucket. Now pour the 2 cups from the 5 cup into the 3 cup. Refill the 5 cup. Now pour the 5 cup into the 3 cup until the 3 cup is full. That will leave exactly 4 cups in the 5-cup bucket!
- A man is the owner of a winery who recently passed away. In his will, he left 21 barrels (seven of which are filled with wine, seven of which are half full, and seven of which are empty) to his three sons. However, the wine and barrels must be split, so that each son has the same number of full barrels, the same number of half-full barrels, and the same number of empty barrels. Note that there are no measuring devices handy. How can the barrels and wine be evenly divided?
Two half-full barrels are dumped into one of the empty barrels. Two more half-full barrels are dumped into another one of the empty barrels. This results in nine full barrels, three half-full barrels, and nine empty barrels. Each son gets three full barrels, one half-full barrel, and three empty barrels.
- An Arab sheik is old and must will his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition. His two sons will ride their camels in a race, and whichever camel crosses the finish line LAST will win the fortune for its owner. During the race, the two brothers wander aimlessly for days, neither willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they ask a wise man for advice. He tells them something; then the brothers leap onto the camels and charge toward the finish line. What did the wise man say?
The rules of the race were that the owner of the camel that crosses the finish line last wins the fortune. The wise man simply told them to switch camels.
- You have a 3-gallon jug and a 5-gallon jug. You need to measure out exactly 7 gallons of water. How can you do it?
Fill the 5-gallon jug, pour it into the 3-gallon jug until the 3 gallon is full, and leaving 2 gallons in the 5-gallon jug. Now pour the 3-gallon jug out. Pour the remaining 2 gallons from the 5 gallon into the empty 3-gallon jug. Now fill the 5 gallon from the faucet. You now have exactly 7 gallons.
- A man is on a game show. He is presented with two doors, one on the left, and one on the right. Behind one is 2 million dollars, and behind the other is a donkey. Choose the correct door to win the prize. There are also two men in front of the doors, and they know which door leads to the millions. One wears a black hat, and the other wears a white hat.The host explains that one of the men is a liar, and will always lie, and the other man will always tell the truth – but you do not know which is which.You can ask only one of the men only one question. What is the question, and which man do you ask to ensure you win the money? Answer: You ask either man the following question: “If I asked the other guy which door has the money, what would he say?” and then choose the opposite door. Work it out: If you ask the question to the liar, he will lie about the ‘correct’ answer, so you must choose the opposite door. If you ask the truth teller, he will tell the truth about the lie, so you can choose the opposite door as well.
- Cannibals in the jungle capture three men. The men are given one chance to escape with their lives. The men are lined up and bound to stakes such that one man can see the backs of the other two, the middle man can see the back of the front man, and the front man cannot see anybody. The men are shown five hats, three of which are black and two of which are white. Then the men are blindfolded, and one of the five hats is placed on each man’s head. The remaining two hats are hidden away. The blindfolds are removed. The men are told that if just one of the men can guess what hat he is wearing, they may all go free. Time passes. Finally, the front man, who cannot see anyone, correctly guesses the color of his hat. What color was it, and how did he guess correctly?
The back man can see the hats worn by the two men in front of him. So, if both of those hats were white, he would know that the hat he wore was black. However, since he does not answer, he must see at least one black hat ahead of him. After it becomes apparent to the middle man that the back man cannot figure out what he is wearing, he knows that there is at least one black hat worn by himself and the front man. Knowing this, if the middle man saw a white hat in front of him, he would know that his own hat was black, and could answer the question correctly. But, since he does not answer, he must see a black hat on the front man. After it becomes apparent to the front man that neither of the men behind him can answer the question, he realizes the middle man saw a black hat in front of him. So he says, correctly, “My hat is black.”
- A man is looking at a photograph of someone. His friend asks who it is. The man replies, “Brothers and sisters, I have none. But that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who was in the photograph?
- What words are pronounced differently by merely capitalizing the first letter?
There are several, and there could be more: 1. job, Job 2. herb, Herb 3. polish, Polish
- A man left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home, there were two masked men. Who were they?
The catcher and the umpire.
- Your dad tells you that he will pay you $6.00 an hour for the 6 seconds that you take to wash your hands before dinner.
How much did you make for washing your hands?
Answer: 1 cent
- There is a fishing trawler, with a ladder in it, leaning against a wall at the harbor. There are five oars and two fishing nets in the trawler. The distance between two consecutive steps on the ladder is 1 meter. If waves lashing against the wall rise half meter in every half hour, in how much time will six steps of the ladder get under the waves?
The trawler rises with the waves, so no steps will go under water.
- When young, I am sweet in the sun.When middle-aged, I make you gay.When old, I am valued more than ever. Answer: Wine
- As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives.Each wife had seven sacks,Each sack had seven cats,Each cat had seven kits.Kits, cats, sacks and wives,How many were going to St. Ives? Answer: One. Only I was going to St. Ives
Although these brainteasers are not as hard the previous ones, they still present a challenge. These brainteasers prepare you for our last group, where answers are not provided immediately!
- Guess the next three letters in the series GTNTL.
I, T, S. The complete sequence is the first letter of every word in the sentence.
- A boy is walking down the road with a doctor. While the boy is the doctor’s son, the doctor is not the boy’s father. Then who is the doctor?
The doctor is the boy’s mother.
- I am the beginning of sorrow and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.
The letter S
- Joseph and Lena are found dead on the floor with some water around. The windows are open and a strong wind draft is blowing the curtains around. How did they die? Joseph and Lena were goldfishes. The wind tipped their bowl over, hence killing them!
- What has a mouth, but cannot eat; moves, but has no legs; and has a bank, but cannot put money in it? River
- A man wanted to encrypt his password but he needed to do it in a way so that he could remember it. He had to use seven characters consisting of letters and numbers only (no symbols like ! or <). In order to remember it, he wrote down “You force heaven to be empty.” What is his password?
Try to pronounce the sentence like these characters: u472bmt.
- A man condemned to death has the option of picking one of the mentioned three rooms. The first room is a furnace filled with flames. The second has armed men with loaded guns, while the third has lions starving for years. Which one should the man choose?
The third room, because lions starving for years would be long dead!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one. Michael J. Fox has a short one. Madonna does not use hers. Bill Clinton always uses his. The Pope never uses his. What is it?
- A man wanted to work, but he could not log in to his computer terminal successfully. He tried twice, but still his password did not work. He suddenly remembered that the passwords are reset every month for security purposes. So, he called his boss and said, “Hey boss, my password is out of date.”
His boss replied, “Yes, that’s right. The password is different. Listen carefully. I am sure, you can figure out the new one. The new one has the same amount of letters as your old password, but only four of the letters are the same.””Thanks boss.”With that, the man could correctly log into his station. What are both the new and old passwords? Answer: The old one was “out of date.” The new one is “different.” Both passwords contain the letters d, f, e, and t.
- The number 8,549,176,320 is a unique number. What is so special about it?
This is the only number that includes all the digits arranged in alphabetical order.
- A man is headed to a mountain along with a lion, a goat, and a basket of vegetables. On the way, he needs to cross a river and the boat can only carry two things at a time. If he takes the vegetables, the lion will eat the goat. If he takes the lion, the goat will eat the vegetables. How does he cross the river?
Trip 1: He takes the goat with him, leaving the lion and the vegetables behind. On reaching the other riverbank, he drops off the goat.Trip 2: He then comes back for the lion, leaving the vegetables behind. On reaching the bank this time, he drops the lion, and again takes the goat along.Trip 3: He drops off the goat again and takes the vegetables with him to the other shore.Trip 4: Lastly, he comes back alone for the goat.
- Your parents have six sons including you and each son has one sister. How many people are in the family?
Nine. Two parents, six sons, and one daughter. All of them have one sister (not six sisters).
Now that you have read our collection, here are some good brainteasers without their answers for you to try.
- What 5-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
- Find a number less than 100 that is increased by one-fifth of its value when its digits are reversed.
- A bat and a ball cost $1.10. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
- What letter comes next in the following sequence? D R M F S L T_
- How many times can you subtract the number two from the number fifty?
- In British Columbia, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
- Can you think of a common word that contains double C, double S and double L? Can you think of a second one?
- What number comes next in the following sequence? 2 4 8 10 20 _
- Without it, I am dead. If I am not, then then I am behind. What am I?
- If you wrote all of the numbers from 300 to 400 on a piece of paper, how many times would you have written the number 3?
- You are in a place called Jack’s World and there is only one law. There is a mirror, but no reflection. There is pizza with cheese, but not sausage. There is pepper, but no salt. There is a door, yet no entrance or exit. What is the law?
- I come in different shapes and sizes. Parts of me are curved, other parts are straight. You can put me anywhere you like, but there is only one right place for me. What am I?
- What is black when you get it, red when you use it, and white when you are all through with it?
- It goes in dry, it comes out wet, the longer it is in, the stronger it gets. What is it?
- I have no eyes, no legs, or ears, and I help move the earth. What am I?
- A truck is stuck under a bridge and the driver cannot get it out. A man walks by and stops to help. He easily gets the truck unstuck. How did he do it?
- How much dirt is there in a hole that is 3 feet deep, and 6 inches in diameter?
- What makes more as you take them?
- When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
- A man went into a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early. Everyone at the party who drunk the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die?
- 45 (1/5 of 45 = 9, 9 + 45 = 54)
- The ball costs 5 cents. One dollar more than 5 cents is $1.05, the sum of which is $1.10.
- D – each letter represents one note in the diatonic musical scale: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do
- After that, you would be subtracting from 48.
- You cannot take a picture with a wooden leg; you need a camera.
- 22 (the sequence alternates +2, x2)
- 120 (100 threes in the hundreds place + 10 threes in the tens place + 10 threes in the ones place)
- Everything (each word) in Jack’s World must contain double letters.
- A jigsaw puzzle piece
- A tea-bag
- An earthworm
- He let the air out of the tires.
- None, because a hole and contains no dirt!
- When you add two hours to eleven o’clock, you get one o’clock.
- The poison from the punch came from the ice cubes. When the man drank the punch, the ice was fully frozen. Gradually, as the ice cubes melted, the poison was released into the punch.
Brainteasers are popular for a number of reasons:
- Brainteasers help you improve your concentration and logical thinking.
- Brainteasers are good for sharing at parties and with friends.
- Brainteasers are fun!
For additional fun, try making up a few brainteasers of your own. Think of unusual relationships and situations, and then pose them to your family and friends. Brainteasers never get old! Puzzle on!
Last Updated on Apr 12, 2019
Here you can enjoy the Top 25 Brain Teasers, Puzzles & Games that SharpBrains readers (primarily adults, but younger minds too) have enjoyed the most since 2010.
It is always good to learn more about our brains and to exercise them!.
5. Quick brain teasers to flex two key mental muscles
6. Count the Fs in this sentence
7. Can you identify Apple’s logo?
Language and logic brain puzzles:
12. Which way is the bus heading?
13. Where do words go?
14. Join this party for polyglots
15. Fun & Brainy Haikus. Yours?
A few visual workouts to tease your mind:
16. Is a circle a circle?
17. Less obvious than it may appear
18. How many…
How’s your pattern recognition?
19. Proverbs to exercise your memory and reasoning
20. Find the missing number in The Empty Triangle
21. Good puzzle for the whole brain: The Blind Beggar
22. Find the the Really, Really, Really Big Number
23. Please consider Linda’s job prospects
24. A few guesstimations often used in consulting and tech interviews
25. How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
Brain Games For Adults & Kids – Brain Training
Welcome to Brain Training – Brain Games For Adults & Kids 2019 🏆 in which you will enjoy different kinds of Logic puzzles solving and physics calculations by using your memory skills. It is a full mind play skillz games full of fun mind puzzles and intelligence. You just have to install this free brain training game and solve questions fast and earn points.
This memory skillz game 😊 will increase your mind skills and will make your brain very smart to solve Logic Puzzles & Complexities. If you are very intelligent and want to test your brain iq level then come on these Mind Thinking Games. To play this Logical mind tricks game for free would a good choice for you. You will never uninstall Brain Games For Adults & Kids until your iq level reached up to its maximum level.
Here is a brain focus game having a lot of brain exercises mind games 💎. You just have to pick up category to which you want to memorize and solve all the questions very fast. Use your full mind and be a smart brain skills gamer.
If you are looking to kill your time in your brain training then search for brain exercise or free mental games on Google play store and find this Logic Puzzles game there? We bring you the ultimate collection of brain games including memory skillz games For Adults and Intelligence mental games.
Different kinds of reflex Logic puzzles, Mental games 🏆 and Thinking games will increase your mental ability to solve the complex and physics based question very fast. Now don’t waste your free time just install this brain trainer mental games and memory games for adults & kids for free and train your mind as the best puzzles solver. This game is just made to make your mind pro and fast.
Brain Training – Brain Games For Adults & Kids is a collection of super easy and fun memory games that make you to challenge your brain. Play these challenging mental games to improve your ability to analyze, think fast and to feel, remember, strategize and process information.
It will make your mind pro and extra ordinary 💎 sharp. Just install free thinking games and become puzzle solver legend. This is one of the best Logic puzzles and iq skillz games to make your mind sharp and intelligent.
Brain Training – Brain Games For Adults & Kids include different categories such as:
✓ Brain Focus
✓ Think Fast – Thinking Games
✓ Brain skills IQ
Now you can play these free brain training games for adults and enjoy while training your brain to function better. The logic based thinking games or smart games in this app will help you boost the overall activity and health of your brain 💎. Brain Training – Brain Games For Adults & Kids will help you:
★ In improving your cognitive abilities
★ Process things in a better way
★ To understand things in a better way
★ Enhance your concentration level
★ To memorize, strategize, and perform more efficiently
★ Test your reflexes
These brain training games for kids, as well as adults, enable everyone to work on their mental skills and cognitive abilities, and improve their memory and keep them active for free. Regardless of your age, you can play this Brain Training – Memory Games For Adults & Kids and train your brain to function better.
Download FREE 🏆 Brain Training Game 🏆 on your device NOW & get started!
If you like our this collection of Brain Training Mind Games For Adults & Kids, then take a moment to rate and review the app. 😊
Five of the best apps to train your brain
It is no secret that as we age, our brain function declines. However, studies have suggested that keeping mentally active – particularly when older – can help to maintain cognitive functioning. Brain training apps are considered a useful aid for mental stimulation, but which one is right for you? We present our pick of five of the best brain training apps around.
Share on PinterestResearch has suggested that brain training may be beneficial for cognitive functioning.
Brain training is based on the premise that mental stimulation can improve neuroplasticity. This is the brain’s ability to form and reorganize connections between brain cells in response to new tasks.
While some studies have failed to find a link between brain training and improved cognitive functioning, other research has found the opposite.
A study published in PLOS One in 2013, for example, found that young adults who engaged in brain training games demonstrated improvements in brain processing speed, working memory, and executive functions.
It is not only young adults who might benefit from brain training. Research presented at the 2016 Alzheimer’s Association International Conference found that older adults who took part in ten 1-hour brain training sessions over a 5-week period were 48 percent less likely to develop cognitive decline or dementia over 10 years.
Such studies have fueled the development of hundreds of brain training apps, many of which claim to improve cognitive functions such as learning, memory, and concentration. With so many to choose from, however, how do you know which one is best for you?
Medical News Today have tried and tested five of the best brain training apps available to help you make an informed decision.
Lumosity: Colorful and fun
Considered by many as the “original” brain training app, Lumosity is used by more than 85 million people across the globe. The app consists of more than 50 colorful and fun minigames designed to train five cognitive functions: speed, memory, attention, flexibility, and problem-solving.
Lumosity’s games have been created with the help of more than 100 researchers from around the world. Furthermore, their website cites a study of more than 4,700 adults that found that brain training with Lumosity improved cognition more than crosswords.
Share on PinterestLumosity has more than 85 million users worldwide.
Image credit: Lumosity
With this in mind, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try the app for ourselves.
At sign-up, you are required to complete a “fit test,” which calibrates your speed, attention, and memory through three separate games.
Once the games are complete, users are shown how their results compare with those of other users in the same age group. This provides insight into the areas of cognition that require the most attention.
Each day going forward, Lumosity sends a reminder to complete a brain “workout.” The daily brain workout involves playing three minigames – five with the premium version – each focusing on the five cognitive functions.
One game we enjoyed was Train of Thought, which focuses on attention. In this game, the user must change the direction of train tracks, with the aim of guiding different colored trains to the correct home. We found that this game really challenged our concentration – although it could be frustrating at times.
Luminosity is an app that could easily appeal to both children and adults. Many of the games – such as Highway Hazards, a driving game that involves moving left or right to avoid road hazards – have a child-like appeal.
Lumosity is free to download on Android and iOS, though upgrading to a premium subscription costs $11.99 per month or $59.99 for 1 year.
Elevate: Boosting ‘productivity, earning power, and self-confidence’
While Elevate has fewer users than Lumosity, at 10 million downloads worldwide, it holds the title of iPhone’s best app of the year for 2014. So what makes it stand out?
The app consists of more than 40 minigames designed to boost math and speaking skills, as well as improve memory, attention, and processing speed.
Share on PinterestElevate consists of more than 40 minigames designed to boost a variety of cognitive skills.
Image credit: Elevate
According to the app’s creators, “the more you train with Elevate, the more you’ll improve critical cognitive skills that are designed to boost productivity, earning power, and self-confidence.”
Just like Lumosity, Elevate encourages daily brain training, which involves the completion of three games, or five games with the “PRO” version.
Elevate has more of an adult feel than many of the other brain training apps; the minigames take a more serious approach, focusing less on colorful illustrations and more on text. Each game also comes with a brief description of its goal, such as “stop mixing up commonly confused words” and “improve your reading comprehension.”
One game we enjoyed was Error Avoidance, whereby the user is required to “keep” or “swap” two words in a passage of text within a set time. For example: “He fashioned the cookie doe into the shape of a grazing dough.” In this case, the two words would be swapped.
Elevate provides a daily, weekly, and monthly rundown of overall performance, as well as performance in five specific areas: writing, listening, speaking, reading, and math. If you’re feeling competitive, you have the option of comparing your performance with that of other users in the same age group.
Elevate is available to download for free on both Android and iOS. Upgrading to PRO costs $4.99 for 1 month or $39.99 for a year.
Peak: Flexible training and tracking
Rated by Google as one of the best Android apps for 2016, Peak offers more than 30 minigames to help improve concentration, memory, mental agility, language, and problem-solving.
Share on PinterestPeak’s brain training games have been created with the help of researchers from Yale and other universities.
Image credit: Peak
These games have been developed with the help of scientists from respectable universities across the globe, including Yale University in Connecticut and the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Like Lumosity, there are a number of games that may appeal to children and adults alike. One such game is Turtle Traffic – a mental agility game that requires the user to navigate a turtle through the sea and collect jellyfish.
Based on performance in baseline tests, a personalized workout plan is provided, although the user is not limited to this plan. In the “Pro” version, all games are available to play at any time.
The Peak creators recommend brain training for 3 days per week. One great feature of Peak is that you can select the days that you want to train and set reminders for these days.
Cognitive performance is also very easy to track. Not only does the app provide information on individual game performance, but it also provides data on overall performance in each of the five cognitive functions. Similar to the other brain training apps, you are also able to compare performance with other users.
Peak is available to download for free on Android and iOS. A 12-month subscription starts from $34.99, while 1 month starts from $4.99.
Fit Brains: Targeting emotional intelligence
Fit Brains is a creation of Rosetta Stone – an education technology software company best known for their online language courses.
Share on PinterestFit Brains offers more than 60 minigames to help improve cognitive functioning.
Image credit: Fit Brains
This brain training app boasts the largest variety, with more than 60 minigames and more than 500 personalized training programs. With the input of neuroscientists, these games have been created to help exercise key cognitive functions, including concentration, memory, speed of thinking, and problem-solving.
What sets Fit Brains apart from other brain training apps, however, is that it also targets emotional intelligence through games that focus on social skills, social awareness, self-awareness, and self-control.
One game we enjoyed at MNT was Speedy Sorts – a game that tests thinking speed by asking the user to arrange objects into the correct piles as quickly as possible.
Based on the results of each game played, the user is provided with a score out of 200 for each cognitive area. The app also compares individual results with those of other users.
Unlike many other brain training apps, Fit Brains also has a school edition – a brain training package that aims to boost the cognitive functions of schoolchildren.
Fit Brains is free to download on Android and iOS. An upgrade to premium costs $9.99 for a month and $49.99 for a year.
CogniFit: For consumers, scientists, and clinicians
CogniFit is perhaps the most advanced brain training app we reviewed, consisting of a variety of minigames designed to train more than 20 cognitive skills, including short-term memory, planning, hand-eye coordination, and auditory perception.
Share on PinterestCogniFit provides tools that researchers and healthcare professionals can use to assess cognitive functioning in patients.
Image credit: CogniFit
The CogniFit developers are keen to point out that all of their brain training tools have been validated by scientists – including researchers from the University of Washington and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. Furthermore, they state that the efficacy of their tools has been established through general population studies.
Interestingly, CogniFit also offers tools that researchers and healthcare professionals can use in order to study and assess cognitive function in patients.
MNT tested the brain training games for consumers, and we found them to be a good balance of fun and mental stimulation.
One game we enjoyed was Reaction Field, which tests response time, visual scanning, and inhibition – which is the ability to control impulsive behavior. This game is similar to Whac-a-Mole; the user is required to remember the color of a mole and tap on moles of the same color as they pop up from holes in the ground.
Individual cognitive performance is assessed using the Lumosity Performance Index, which is calculated using the average scores of all games played. Like the other brain training apps, you can also compare your performance against that of other users.
CogniFit is available to download for free on Android and iOS. A premium upgrade costs $19.99 for 1 month or $189.99 for a year.
Learn about five of the best meditation apps.
Puzzle games have challenged players for centuries. Mobile puzzle games have been around since Nokia bricks were iPhones of the age. Everyone must be having memories when we played the snake game during our lectures.
Gone are the days when there were limited puzzle games. Now the online world is full of different games. For the modern player, there are a few resources that are all set to challenge the problem-solving side of the brain.
Today, puzzles come in different types, shapes, and sizes, and the best ones are very addictive.
Here is the list of the best 40 puzzle games you must try.
(i) Play Puzzle Games for PC
PC games have unparalleled accessibility and endless upgradability. There are millions of players across the globe who still think that PC is the best place to play games. If you are a PC game lover, here is a list of the best PC puzzle games 2020:
1. Wealth Words
Crossword enthusiasts don’t have to wait for the Sunday magazine to solve puzzles. Wealth Words is one of the best money making games. This digitally driven platform has multiple crossword puzzles for the players.
Satisfy your crossword cravings when you have this amazing online puzzle game that can be played on the smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop. The anytime and anywhere convenience has made it a popular game also because it helps improve vocabulary, enhance logical thinking skills and analytical skills.
Play this English word puzzle game and win real cash awards. Dive into the world of words and have an amazing time.
2. Bubble Spinner
Shoot the bubble and match the color to beat every level.
You have to toss a bubble and try hitting another bubble to match the same ball color. When you hit the bubble, it spins the circle giving you the area to hit. Sometimes there is not a clear shot but, try to use the wall to bounce the bubbles and get on the right area. Play this puzzle game online and beat your score every time.
This one is a bar puzzle game. With the help of a mouse, select the area where you want to place a line. Don’t place it anywhere that gives the computer an advantage of closing the square.
You have to try hard to beat the computer playing against you. It is a type of Tic-Tac-Toe game where you are placing lines either horizontally or vertically. In this puzzle game, your main aim is to close more boxes than the computer.
4. Frozen Free Fall
Are you ready for the best free puzzle matching adventure of the Kingdom? You have to match hundreds of icy puzzles for free. Inspired by Disney’s Frozen, you can see Anna, Elsa, Olaf and more of your favorite characters in the game. Unlock seasonal puzzles and explore the amazing land with new updates.
5. Dodo Pop
Try collecting gumballs on the island and crash the dodo bird fly to the way home. Dodo birds can’t fly as gumballs are raining everywhere. Match the colors to feed them to Crash.
6. Jewel Star
Inspired by Candy Crush Saga, in this free online puzzle game, you have to connect three or more jewels to make them disappear. There is lightening, blast and star jewels for huge bonuses. Having easy to use controls, fun graphics and more than 200 levels, this is an amazing game to play for people of any age group.
In this logic block puzzle game, the goal of the player is to score as many points as possible as he clears maximum horizontal lines of the block. The player has to rotate, move and drop the tetriminos that are falling inside the matrix. When all the lines are cleared, the level is completed.
The single player classic puzzle game has been a popular game for a very long time. The player has to clear the rectangular board containing hidden mines or bombs without detonating any. You have to be very careful as a single detonating means all the bombs will be bombarded. Take the help of clues in this game about the number of neighboring mines in each field.
Fish lovers will definitely love playing this cute fish puzzle game online. This one is the match 3 puzzle games where the player has to decorate the aquarium to make a home for beautiful fishes. Earn money through levels and choose tons of accessories.
10. Bookworm Adventure
A fun and whimsical new adventure puzzle game have unique elements. The player has to make words using the titles that are available in the wordy PopCap classic.
Free PC puzzle games are not only the ones that will entertain you but also offers the broadest range of games for free. This is the best time to dive into the world of top puzzle games and have an amazing time.
(ii) iOS Daily Puzzle Mind Games
With more than a million apps, the gaming options on an iPhone are endless. Searching for the best iOs puzzle games is not an easy task but don’t worry we have you covered with this list.
The puzzle challenge game is for the players to position Tetris style shape 10×10 grid. If shapes are being placed in a manner that they complete a line which vanishes and creates space, then space is used to make more lines.
Without good practice, you will find yourself drained of the moves that may lead you to a ’game over’.
The name tells it all. It is all about following the rules in the same order that you receive them. Rules test your memory and speed in a way no other game does. In every round, you have to clear certain tiles with specific rules and next round will ask you to do the same. You have to remember all the rules in the reverse order if you want to reach the end. You will love this best puzzle mobile game for sure.
An adorable number puzzle game where the player has to swipe around the grid and match numbers. But they have to be a bit strategic because if the board is filled and there are no moves left, the game is over.
This is a puzzle game for free that gives a social message. There are wiggly lines that have to be connected with colored nodes. You have to slide rows and columns containing objects which split and redirect the lines in various directions.
15. World of Goo
Bridge building is a physics iOS puzzle game that stands out from the iOs games. Players have to create structures that will stand the test of time. The structures help rescue the goo which is stranded out of reach.
16. Mushroom 11
This is the best puzzle game for iOs. Well, the game is worth savoring. You have to control a malleable, blob-like organism in a wasteland and have to guide it through the wreckage. You may have to climb fences, evade lava and overcome boss characters while playing the game.
The effortless cool game is different because you create your own solutions. The screen is bare having colorful dots. You have to draw an animated pattern that hits all the dots in motion without touching a single black dot.
The bright and attractive game find you guiding the astronauts along their path. You have to manipulate the space-time to make sure they reach a safe exit. Also, the time warp portals create another astronaut version in different timeframe and location.
The cool and calm yet challenge puzzle game has a few twists along the way that needs smart thinking without losing the demeanor. Each game has sapling stuck in the ground, and it starts growing upwards. You have to help guide it towards the light.
20. Yankai’s Peak
The Pyramid game is a love letter to pyramids. This colorful pushing puzzle game is all about pyramids. Having cool gameplay, the it has more than 130 levels.
Besides these, there are many more games in the online gaming world and finding the right game that is worth your time might be difficult. We are there to guide you to the list of the best puzzle games that are most entertaining.
(iii) Best Android Puzzle Games to Download
You will agree to the fact that Android games seem to hit new heights every year. The games have become better over time. Here is our round-up of the free puzzle Android games available on Google Play Store:
21. Candy Crush Saga
Who hasn’t heard the name of the game before? I doubt if there is anyone. The most popular best free Android puzzle game that has been installed over 500 million times across Facebook, Android, and iOS has a unique concept.
The player has to switch and match candies in the divine puzzle adventure game to move to the next level in hope to get the sweet feeling. Quick thinking and smart moves are rewarded by yummy rainbow cascades and combos.
22. All that Remains: Part 1
This one is an escape puzzle game. Initially, the players wake up in a bunker and they have to look for a way out before something bad happens. Every room in the bunker has multiple puzzles. You can also communicate with the character over a two-way radio. This is one of the best escape room game. Part 1 is for $2.49 with no in-app purchases or ads.
23. Amanita Design
Amanita Design is a Google Play publisher. The three amazing puzzle games include Samorost 3, Botanicula and popular Machinarium. All have different fun puzzle style. The player wanders across the game world searching for clues and puzzles. There are fun little stories as well. All the games go for $4.99 up front. After the purchase, there are no in-app purchases.
Dissembler is a free puzzle game to play offline. This colorful and fun puzzle game has simple gameplay and amazing puzzles. A title swapping match three games requires you to flip the tiles and match the right color. The easy to play game lays the basic principles before presenting with complex puzzles.
Having more than 120 puzzles, there is no time boundation, move limits or in-app purchases. Well, this game might be your next puzzle obsession.
25. Bridge Constructor Portal
This one is a physics puzzle game. The spin-off in the Portal universeadds weird elements from the Aperture Laboratories.
With 60 test chambers, the main aim is to make the test vehicles reach the end of the course with the help of portals and repulsion gels. This outstanding cross over title provides a challenge that delights the fans.
26. Two Dots
This has remained the best puzzle game of all time. Two dots is a simple to learn, difficult to master but a highly engaging game. Connect as many dots as you can of the same color. Explore your skills with the game having more than 900+ levels.
A mind-bending perspective game is easy to play. It allows you to play the puzzles created by other users.
There are over 100 official puzzles in the game where you have to swipe to move the cube. When you hit the intersection, you can change the direction along the paths. The aim of the player is the get the cube to the red finishing marker as quickly as possible.
28. Brain It On
The interesting physics-based game wants you to think out of the box so that you successfully solve every level.
You have to draw lines, shapes, weighted objects or whatever that solve each screen. The real fun game has multiple solutions at every level and can be played collaboratively as a group also.
29. Bust a Move
There is a spin on the free online match-three puzzle game mechanic as it introduces a pointer at the bottom of the screen that aims and fires the bubbles. The goal is to remove all of them by matching the colors before it reaches you.
The game challenges the player to make the screen go red. There are 50 challenges in total.
There is a big red button in the screen’s center which invites you to press it. Chunky red lines fill the background and you have to keep pressing so that the entire screen is filled.
31. Calculator-The Game
Want to play a cool math puzzle game? The puzzler focussed towards sums, featuring a sentient, snarky calculator that will show the buttons. The game is simple: you have to use the buttons provided to reach a goal number, within a limited number of steps.
One of the most abstract games you will love to install on your Android devices. The game has over 50 minimal scenes that traverse as a small red square. The aim is to reach the goal despite the hindrances. You have to figure out how to get over the obstacles.
A forgiving puzzle game that has something interesting for the players. Players reach the goal by unfolding one or more shapes. Every move makes the shape disappear. Later the shapes will become more complex as per the levels.
The innovative game has a fresh take on puzzles as it surprises with an original concept. When the chip tune plays, you have three waveforms. The music starts to faint and that is the time when you have to manipulate two of the waveforms so that it combines to form the third.
In the game, you have to slingshot celestial bodies around the black holes. They then leave colored trails in the wake while graving does its work. Soon, there will be planets clustering having more black holes and creating minimalist modern art while they do so.
36. RGB Express
Build up a delivery company from scratch. What you have to do is to drop off little colored boxes at the buildings of the same color. Sounds simple right?
Despite the cute graphics, the game is extremely devious that will make you sweat at later levels.
This classic and top puzzle Android game is quite addictive as the main objective is to move the numbered titles vertically and also horizontally for the highest sum. There are various modes for 2048, based on the grid numbers which you have. You can try up to 8×8.
38. Bonza Word Puzzle
As the name says, it is a word puzzle game is all about finding meaningful words according to a specific topic. It may be like a jigsaw puzzle but has a few easy crossword puzzle game elements.
Playing the word puzzle game is the best way to pass your time and learn new words.
Having a very simple interface, the game of numbers require some brain action. Give your mind a real workout as you try different levels and improve your logical thinking skills.
A wonderful 3-D puzzle Android game has multiple chapters in it. The goal is to figure out how each interlocking level fits together in order to pull it apart. The intuitive interface ensures you don’t lose the game spirit.
Whether you are a hardcore gamer or looking for something that will pass your time in the best way, the aforementioned are the best online puzzle game for you. We have picked the gems from the dross that will surely give you an amazing experience.